• Other

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
images

Hello. The title says it all really! I will get my copy of FM13 on Friday and dive straight into a story by the end of the weekend to get me up and running! Will (hopefully) add a poll to get a general feeling of what peeps want to see but I have the final say! lol

For those not aware of my past stories I am always in for the long haul, spending at least 10 years per save and with my infamous Bilbao story I nearly reached 30 so I am not one to start and then stop after a couple of days or just because I go on a bad run.

Anywho after much thought over the past few weeks I have come up with these ideas............

images

THE PENTAGON CHALLENGE
I guess everyone knows about it (has anyone done it btw?) and I have yet to attempt it and will do at some point in FM13 for sure but maybe it's best to wait a little while to find out about players, tactics etc or is that just making an excuse? lol

images

ATHLETIC BILBAO
Have to try them again after my FM12 story with them! I would be Aitor Herrera, the regen in my fm12 save with Bilbao (over 1,000 apps and 250 caps), and would have an international footballer as a reputation for once since Aitor was better than Pele and Maradona put together lol.
It would be harder for sure this season methinks and dare I say maybe not as fun as my story in FM12 because I wont have a regen like Aitor to help the story along probably!!! Obviously the challenge with Bilbao is due to the recruiting policy that see's Bilbao only being able to sign players who are Basque or 16y/o Spaniards.

images

THE "OLYMPIC" CHALLENGE
Had this idea for a while now. I would go a team, any team, and for my entire career I would have to manage my squad so that there was no more than 3 players aged 24 or over - just like the squads in the Olympics. This would mean I would have tough decisions to make year on year as I would have to keep chopping and changing my squad.

It appeals to me because at the very start you would have to do a squad clearout which wouldnt make you popular and when you get to the point in the save where you win everything you will be making your rivals stronger by having to sell some of your best players!
images

NEWCASTLE UNITED
The love of my life, well apart from my daughter (and Aitor Herrera lol) that is! Always go them first when I get my new copy of FM but it is a bit easy when you get to the top I suppose.

images

EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS CHALLENGE
Just popped into my head 5min ago. The challenge would be to manage teams to Champions League glory but I could only manage teams who have won it before from Villa to Benfica, Barca to Steaua, Celtic to Feyenoord. Probably wouldnt manage them all (22 clubs) but I could at least try and get half done!!!!!

Or maybe I could get 2-3 other peeps and we could try and do it as a group and just post season updates. More of a challenge than a story lol

images

ANYONE ELSE???

I am open to suggestions! Dont really fancy the San Marino challenge and I will never ever ever go Rangers, or Sunderland!

Start unemployed and work your way up to be the best manager in the world.

The Olympic Challenge and the European Cup Winners Cup Challenge look good but I reckon you'd be person who could finish the Pentagon Challenge so that gets my vote :p

Voted Bilbao, gonna be hard this time round with Llorente refusing to sign a new contract and Javi Martinez being at Munich now.

Voted Newcastle and can you tell me the name of your bilbao story so i can look up for it and read it? I'm new here so....:p

Voted Bilbao, gonna be hard this time round with Llorente refusing to sign a new contract and Javi Martinez being at Munich now.

And Azpilicueta having just signed for Chelsea.............. Llorente wouldnt be a problem as Aitor set up all of his goals in my FM12 save so out of respect to him he wouldnt dare leave! lol

I voted for Olympic Challenge although Bilbao would be nice too.

Pentagon challenge isn't overly hard it's just massively time consuming much like the san marino challenge. You spend more time waiting for things to develop and get to the point you need them at than you do actually trying to do things.

I voted Pentagon Challenge. I think you should also try to win the major International cup of every continent and then move on to the World Cup/Conf Cup/Olympics.

Voted 'other' because i think you should try this

That Mickey Mtanna challenge is insane. That would take over 100 seasons to do!

I voted Bilbao. Was a good story last year and will be great to see how Aitor's life goes on as a manager, How funny would it be if there was another Aitor regen

- Pentagon challenge would be better once your more settled in the game. have a tactic your happy with, know the players blah blah blah
- Never been a massive fan of the olympic challenge
- Never will give a dam about Newcastle
- Save the European Cup challenge for us, Although i have no chance because i suck at the Champions League

Voted 'other' because i think you should try this

****** Nora!!!!!! Good luck with that. I dont fancy the San Marino challenge to be honest. Its almost a mixture of my Bilbao and Castel di Sangro stories in fm12 where I had a club all of the same nationality and the squad makes up 15 or 16 players of the national squad at least (Bilbao) and taking a tiny team right to the top of world football (Castel di Sangro)

Pentagon, international and alphabet challenge is all good though!

Just a thought but what if you tried to win the premier league initially with all 20 current Premier League Clubs and then if you complete that and fancy continuing the challenge you could by winning it with every club that has made it to the promised land, even if just for 1 season, since you started the challenge.

i.e. you wouldn't need to try it as an ex premier league club like bolton unless they came back up at some point.

Voted Bilbao. It would be good to see how you get on with Llorente being a rebel and Martinez gone. Don't forget you do have Munian

Just a thought but what if you tried to win the premier league initially with all 20 current Premier League Clubs and then if you complete that and fancy continuing the challenge you could by winning it with every club that has made it to the promised land, even if just for 1 season, since you started the challenge.

i.e. you wouldn't need to try it as an ex premier league club like bolton unless they came back up at some point.

I had thought of that but wouldnt want to manage or win anything with Sunderland and Man Utd! lol. However I thought about doing it with everyone but thats nearly 50 teams and half the league sides in England!

I take it that in FM13 the experience of peeps so far is that there is no way of keeping Llorente?

I take it that in FM13 the experience of peeps so far is that there is no way of keeping Llorente?

Nope, from the start he's said that he's leaving on a free transfer. Only way would be the editor I think.