Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Gerard Pique for around ?45m

Votes: 29 33.3%
  • John Terry for around ?55m

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Giorgio Chiellini for around ?50m

Votes: 26 29.9%

• Total voters
I suggest Kolarov for your lb spot. He's a fantastic set piece option as well. He was pretty consistent for me on my City save. Of course you have Renan... but I think he's a bit boring, everyone gets him.

I don't want to just win the EPL, I want to dominate for years to come in both England and Europe. It's a game, its supposed to be fun. If you can get the best players in the world in one team then it makes it more interesting.

I think what you have done in the transfer market is great, its exactly what Man City are trying to do in real life and like you said ITS A GAME its supposed to be fun, so buy all the best players!!! :)

I have finished the 1st season and gone a couple of months into the 2nd. I didnt bother writing it up because I didnt think anybody was reading anymore.

Is there any interest if I continue to write it up ?

Hello there!! just wanted to say like the story and hope to read more about your quest for english domination!! nice to make a comparison with urself aswel as i'm doing the same sort of thing with man city!! jus finished my 1st season with city!! embarking on the 2nd as we speak now!!

1st season: Premier League Winners (28-10-0) F.A Cup Winners and League cup winners!!

only lost 1 game all season (2nd leg semi-final league cup tie away to pompey 2-0!!)

Signings: Giorgio Cheillini - £25 million - Mario Balotelli -£32 million - Miguel Veloso - £15.75 million - Rafael Van Der Vaart - £7.5 million

Performances: Top Scorer: Emmanuel Adebayor - 40 goals
Most assists: Mario Balotelli - 34 assists
Top Average Rating: Emmanuel Adebayor: 7.84 ( 41 apps)

keeg going mate!!!

Last edited:
APRIL + MAY

Liverpool 0 - 2 Man City (Robinho, Zabaleta)
Man City 0 - 2 Liverpool Champions League Quarter Final Leg 2

Can't believe we managed to throw away the magnificent first leg result. Liverpool were fantastic to be fair and deserved to go through but I am not impressed with my players.

Man United 2 - 0 Man City
Man City 2 - 0 Chelsea (Zabaleta, Modric)
Man City 1 - 1 Arsenal (Tevez)
Middlesborough 0 - 1 Man City (Tevez)

This win means Man City need to win their last game in order to guarantee the Premier League title. It has been a long and topsy turvy season but to be in a position where winning the title is in our own hands is great.

Man City 3 - 1 Stoke (Gignac, Tevez, Fabregas)

FANTASTIC!!! Man City have won the first Premier League title in their history and only their 3rd English League Title. The fans and board are over the moon with the efforts of Jake Hopper and all his players, who have each played a part in this magnigficent achievement.

View attachment 56233

Tevez once again picked up the top goalscorer award hitting 25 goals, one less than last season.

Despite this brilliant win, we need to build on our squad through the summer to make a big challenge at not only defending our crown but also pushing on for the European Champions League and also the domestic cups, FA and Carling.

Future Transfer targets :

David Villa
David Silva
Gerard Pique
Sergio Aguero
Jesus Navas
Daniele De Rossi
Mouassa Sissoko
Aleksander Kolarov
Leighton Baines
Marcelo

Players for sale :

Bellamy
Onouha
Toure
Bridge
Nigel De Jong

View attachment 56234

The captures of De Rossi and Aguero specifically show our intent that we do not aim to ease up and let our rivals catch us now. We are striving to continue to improve and get a firm grip of domination upon the English game.

Aims for the season :

Premier League : Winner - Nothing less will be accepted
FA Cup : Finalists - Getting into the final is what I expect now, from here we have a chance of winning silverware
League Cup : Same as above
Champions League : Semi-finals would be great and an improvement on next season.

AUGUST 2011

Man City 0 - 3 Arsenal Community Shield

Very disappointing performance, not so bothered about the competition. Arsenal walked all over us and we will need to improve for our first game of the season against Manchester United.

Man City 3 - 2 Man United (Aguero, Tevez x2)
Man City 1 - 0 Wigan (Jo)
Huddersfield 1 - 1 Man City (Lennon)
Aston Villa 3 - 2 Man City (Tevez, Jo)
Man City 5 - 0 Fulham (Aguero x2, Modric x2, Sanchez)
Bayern Munich 2 - 0 Man City Champions League

Thanks for reading, September update will go back to normal in terms of layout, this was just a catch-up post.

I get very disheartened when I am updating time after time with no comments, so please if you wish to not see me upset and enjoy reading this story can you please give me some feedback :p

OCTOBER 2011

PREMIER LEAGUE

Sunderland 0 - 3 Man City

De Rossi (39)
Tevez (42,65)

MOTM : Carlos Tevez

Carlos was in great form today bagging himself 2 goals and being a constant threat throughout the game. Special mention also goes to Fabregas who was a creative force, getting 2 assists.

LEAGUE CUP

Watford 0 - 4 Man City

Fabregas (30)
De Rossi (50)
Aguero (64, 78)

MOTM : Sergio Aguero

2 goals and an assist today from the Aregntinian forward. Him and Tevez are working well together at the moment with Tevez playing as a Trequartista just behind Aguero as a lone, advanced forward.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Wolves 1- 1 Man City

De Rossi (93)

MOTM : De Rossi

3 goals in 3 games now from the defensive mid. Making himself looking good value for money and well worth the large fee paid for him. Salvaged a late point from a game which we could comfortably have won had we taken more of our chances.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Man City 2 - 0 Steaua

Lescott (45)
Ireland (72)

MOTM : Joleon Lescott

Joleon bagged himself a headed goal from a corner as well as being a rock at the back ensuring we kept a rare clean-sheet.

SUMMARY

Overall, not a bad month. Dropped points against Wolves which was slightly disappointing but some solid performances in the other games. Played a lot better at the back this month, perhaps due to the new 4-2-3-1 tactic we are now operating.

View attachment 56252

View attachment 56253

Really need to put a good run of wins or unbeaten games together in the league to get near Chelsea who have picked up 7 wins from the opening 7 games. We had a shaky start but are now looking settled with the new players and new tactics and can hopefully press on from here.

sorry i've not been on for a while. good to see you haven't given up on the story! You did really well to win the league and were unlucky against liverpool after a great result away in the CL. Nice to see you went for Otamendi as well - fantastic player. De Rossi should be a good buy too. Good luck this season and keep going. I've subscribed so im following closely

Make sure you keep praising De Rossi as on all my saves he gets the hump and keeps getting sent off and stuff so keep him on the straight and narrow :)

I haven't tried any of the others, but Chiellini always performs well for me.

brill stroy mate glad you won prem hoep next year bring you more trophys

ps i wish my forest gave me 130m to spend lol i follow as much as i can mate best of luck.

Cheers mate.

Board have just injected over 80m into the club and pushed my January budget up to over £100m so expect some signings!

Potential targets include :

Fernando Torres
Steven Gerrard
Cristiano Ronaldo
Gerard Pique
Xavi
Xabi Alonso
Sandro
Stevan Jovetic
Andrea Pirlo
Pato

I have a Man city save , in my fourth year still not managed to win the league! always lose to teams like stoke but beat the top teams :) managed to win the Europa league though! hopefully I'll win the league this year as ive signed my beloved Fabregas! :) Also the manager of England :)

Last edited:
OCTOBER

PREMIER LEAGUE

Man City 3 - 0 Everton (Lescott, De Rossi, Aguero)
Man City 2 - 2 Spurs (Robinho, Fabregas)
Blackburn 1 - 2 Man City (Modric x2)
Birmingham 1 - 3 Man City (Modric, Aguero, Tevez)

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Man City 2 - 2 Juventus (Ireland, Fabregas)
Juventus 3 - 3 Man City (Tevez x2, De Rossi)

Not a bad month but the 2 draws against Juventus have left us with a lot of hard work and some luck needed to qualify for the Champions League.

--------------------NOVEMBER
--------------------

PREMIER LEAGUE - 02.11.11

Bolton 1 - 0 Man City

November sees us get off to a terrible start as we were defeated by a mediocre Bolton side who we just could not break down. This defeat sees us fall a huge 10 points behind Chelsea with just 12 games played.

View attachment 56393

BREAKING NEWS JUST IN FROM THE CITY OF MANCHESTER STADIUM

Free-spending Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak has today announce his intentions to allow Man City manager Jake Hopper to bolster his squad in January. He has injected a further £168m into the club in the last 2 weeks and increased the clubs transfer budget to a whopping £148m. Jake Hopper said he intends to use this money.

"Well when you have a chairman as supportive and encouraging as I have then it shows the ambition the club has to be the best. We are currently 10 points behind Chelsea in the league and need to make some additions to the squad to freshen things up and some underperforming players will definitely be leaving in January"

When asked about his intended transfer targets, the Man City manager had this to say "Well I am only interested in bringing the best possible players to this club, as shown by the capture of players such as Fabregas, Maicon, De Rossi and Aguero. I have some targets in mind, some young and showing massive potential and some with valuable experience which will guide the team through tougher patches".

PREMIER LEAGUE - 19.11.11

Reading 1 - 2 Man City

Aguero (5, 93)
Long (76)

Great last minute winner from Aguero to keep our feint title hopes alive. We were all over Reading today but a defensive lapse from Lescott allowed Reading to equalise with just 15 minutes left.

View attachment 56393

MAN CITY SIGNINGS ANNOUNCED

Man City manager Jake Hopper today announced that he has completed no less than 5 signings, all of whom will be joining on January 1st.

Gerard Pique

The classy central defender will be joining from Spanish Giants Barcelona for a fee thought to be in the region of £42m.

Andrea Pirlo

The experienced play-maker will be joining from AC Milan for a fee of £30m. Some believe this to be over the odds for a 31 year old but Hopper has shown nothing but faith in the Italians ability to shine in English football. A midfield 3 of Pirlo, Fabregas and De Rossi will surely be the most feared in all football.

Pato

The 22 year old Brazilian international will be joining for an English record £61m. He has started living up to his massive potential in recent seasons and is tipped to become one of the best ever. He will be fighting for a place up front with the likes of Tevez, Aguero, Gignac, Jo and Alexis Sanchez.

Hugo Lloris

Touted by many as the best keeper in the world, he will be joining Man City for around £60m from Lyon. With an ageing Shay Given and a underperforming Joe Hart as the current options, Lloris is sure to be pushed straight into the first team.

Sandro

The wonderkid Brazilian centre midfielder has bundles of energy and is one of the most complete players ever seen. He has pace, stamina, strength, technique, flair, creativity and is not afraid of a challenge.

The Manchester City manager had this to say "Unbelievable. I cannot thank the Chairman enough for allowing me to continue briniging in these big names and fantastic players. They are sure to strengthen the squad and I think we can now push on and catch Chelsea to reclaim our place at the top of the Premier League table where we belong".

Players such as Cahill, Sanchez, Jo, Gignac, Given, Zabaleta, Hart, Witsel and Ireland are said to be up for sale in order to help finance this spending spree.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - 23.11.11

Man City 1 - 2 Bayern
Jo (4)
Robben (50, 75)

Well thats it, we are out of the Champions League this season. Very disappointing as after taking the lead and dominating the first half I thought we were going to push on and cement the victory. However, the players didnt turn up after the break and we crashed out. Not good enough, but at least we have the Europa League. Yay...

PREMIER LEAGUE - 26.11.11

Man City 2 - 0 West Ham

Robinho (1)
Fabregas (66)

Much better. We looked solid today and never looked like conceding let alone losing. Tough game up next away to Liverpool, could be a tricky one but we must be winning these games to have any chance of winning silverware.

Man City draw MK Dons away in FA Cup 3rd Round.

CARLING CUP QUARTER FINAL - 29.11.11

Liverpool 1 - 4 Man City

Robinho (9)
Aguero (37, 73)
Otamendi (42)
Kuyt (52)

Great performance which sees us into the Semi-final for a 3rd consecutive season. Hopefully we can avoid Chelsea this time, as they have beaten us on both previous occasions.

MAN CITY DRAW MAN UNITED OR SPURS IN SEMI-FINAL

View attachment 56409

Top Goalscorers:

Aguero (11)
Tevez (8)
Modric (6)

Top Assists:

Fabregas (9)
Tevez + Mordric (6)
Aguero (5)

Top Average Rating:

Maicon (7.29)
Lescott + Fabregas (7.18)
Modric (7.17)

Roll on January 1st!!!!!!

This squad you're going to have and the one you already have is amazing, you will be winning EVERYTHING in no time!

Cheers Joshh, I hope your right! lfc2datop I agree, but hopefully once I have everybody they will be able to gel and no drastic changes will be made to the team. The rest of this season is a bedding in period where the new players can settle, as I am out of the Champions League and miles behind the pace of Chelsea in the Premiership and unless I can win about 19 of the 21 games remaining I don't have a chance.

Cheers Joshh, I hope your right! lfc2datop I agree, but hopefully once I have everybody they will be able to gel and no drastic changes will be made to the team. The rest of this season is a bedding in period where the new players can settle, as I am out of the Champions League and miles behind the pace of Chelsea in the Premiership and unless I can win about 19 of the 21 games remaining I don't have a chance.

True, you should use the rest of the season to experiment with different player roles and tactics, just to get it perfect for next season, because, having played a bit with City myself, the board wont be happy

--------------------DECEMBER--------------------

PREMIER LEAGUE
Chelsea 1 - 0 Man City
Arsenal 1 - 3 Man City (Otamendi, Fabregas, Jo)
Man City 2 - 0 Newcastle (Aguero, Ireland)
Man City 2 - 2 W.B.A (Aguero, Tevez)
Liverpool 1 - 1 Man City (Jo)
Man United 2 - 1 Man City (Jo)

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Steaua 1 - 3 Man City (De Rossi, Robinho, Tevez)

FA CUP 3rd ROUND
MK Dons 0 - 3 Man City (Gignac, Mutu x2)

Not a great month because of the defeat to Chelsea which sent them further ahead of us in the league, and we failed to win in 3 other premier league games. Sailed through the FA Cup with a reserve team playing against MK Dons.

--------------------JANUARY--------------------

January 1st saw the arrival of Manchester City's new players: Pato, Pirlo, Pique, Lloris and Sandro.

These are exciting times for Manchester City who are now hoping to go on a great run and build up some confidence for next season.

LEAGUE CUP SEMI-FINAL LEG 1
Man City 0 - 0 Tottenham

PREMIER LEAGUE
Man City 6 - 0 Huddersfield

Tevez (15, 56, 66)
Aguero (17, 51)
Pato (75)

WOW! The new players just clicked superbly and absolutely ran wild against Huddersfield today. Pato grabbed 3 assists and slotted home his first goal on his debut for the club. Pirlo was a machine in the centre of midfield completely dictating play with his passing. Lloris made a few good saves but didn't have much to do, thanks to 4th debutant Pique and his partner Otamendi. Sandro had a cameo off the bench but didnt have much time to impress.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Man City 3 - 1 Aston Villa

Pato (50)
Tevez (69)
Warnock (74)
Otamendi (86)

Another good performance from the team and the only blemish was the goal, Warnock scoring from a corner.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Man City 2 - 0 Sunderland

Pato (49)
Otamendi (87)

Solid performance today if nothing spectacular. Pato now has 3 goals and 3 assists in his opening 4 games. We have scored 11 and conceded just 1 in the 4 games since the new players come in. Hoping we can continue this form over the next few months, and who knows we may just catch Chelsea if they slip up. We will also give ourselves a fantastic chance to bring home some silverware in the form of the FA Cup, Carling Cup and the Europa League.

LEAGUE CUP SEMI FINAL LEG 2

Tottenham 1 - 3 Man City

Tevez (40, 116)
Defoe (70)
Richards (106)

Good win again today and guess who we have been drawn against in the final? Yes, you guessed it, Chelsea! This time, I will take those B******s down!

FA CUP 4th ROUND

Everton 1 - 0 Man City

Anichebe (49)

Again, cup disappointment at Eastlands.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Fulham 1 - 3 Man City

Pique (5)
Prica (16)
Pato (39)
Tevez (69)

Fourth consecutive win in the Premier League and it has taken us to within 9 points of Chelsea now. I hope that we can keep this form going and get even closer to them to apply some pressure, as they seem to be faltering as of late and have let their one time 15 point lead drop.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Tottenham 3 - 6 Man City

Tevez (1, 71)
Aguero (20, 31)
Kaboul (36)
Kranjcar (46)
Defoe (64)
Pirlo (80)
Robinho (88)

3-0 up, 3-3, won 6-3. What a crazy *** game!! Thought we were going to throw away our lead and end the game with nothing but we showed good strength to turn it back around and cruise to victory.

Chelsea dropped another 2 points away to Aston Villa, it would have been 3 but for a late equaliser from Di Santo. The pressure is on them as we are playing with complete confidence. We are a comfortable 6 points clear of 3rd with a game in hand so it looks like being a 2 horse race for the title now.

View attachment 56575

View attachment 56576

View attachment 56577

View attachment 56578

Last edited: