Reaction score

FourThreeThree - ChristianEriksen
Yup, I know. I opened more threads with FM14 tactics. But do I need to keep this tactic for myself when it goes really good? No. So here we go!

This tactic is based on my Frank de Boer - 3 Stars Tactic

Introduction
AFC Ajax is in real-life three times champion in a row and almost four times. They are dominating the Dutch league with a classic four-three-three formation. I wanted to play just like AFC Ajax, and started to create a FM14 tactic. It isn't a possesion tactic, but it is a dominating tactic. Even against big clubs in the Champions League I was able to dominate and win. So It doesn't look really like the way Ajax play, but it went very well.

In this tactic you need a team that can defend and attack, because I am playing on attack with a very fluid philosophy. This FM series it was hard to create a really solid tactic, when playing with just four players at the back. But with this tactic, I managed to set defensive (and attacking) records. Since using this tactic I have won every single game and in most games I conceeded 0 goals.

I didn't ticker things like play shorter or play directer because I want my players to play more free (space). The same story for the options play through centrum/play over wings and press more/drop deeper. You just don't tell Xavi how he has to play football. And that is the way I think about making tactics. Give them some instructions, but keep space for creativity.

View attachment 406785

What kind of players do you need?
Now, I am gonna tell you what kind of players you need. If your players have good ratings for tackling you know you have the players for the pressing in this tactic. It is a aggresive pressing with a lot of tackles. I don't get a lot of yellow cards, but make sure your players have the ability to tackle on the ball. Your backs need to have the defensive rating and the attacking ability as well. They are attacking very often and need goods ratings for crossing, because they deliver a lot of assist, if they're good enough. My defensive midfields is the beginning of the pressing way. He gives a lof of pressing at the opponents and need good ratings for tackling. When he's on the ball he just need to deliver the ball at the backs or the midfielders. My midfielders are bringing a lot of creativity to the tactic. They need good ratings for finishing, passing and creativity. My wingers are walking a lot at the pitch to create spaces for other players. They also score a lot and need good ratings for crossing, dribbling and finishing. My striker also creates a lot of chances for other players and comes often at the side of the space. This makes it very hard to defend for the opponent!

Tactic tips
I play with a standard or small pitch size and I do not use opposition instructions. When recieving a red card, take the striker off. I always train my players in the role they have when they play in this tactic. Below you can find a screen of my teamtraining. Make sure you plan often a team talk with your full squad to keep every player in the same direction. Against the big clubs you can ticker the option drop deeper or press more (D-line), if you want.

View attachment 406651

Tactic results

Down below you can find the results I had with different kind of teams. Enjoy this tactic and I hope you will have even better results. Make sure you give the tactic some time! Every career I do not buy players and most of the time I post results from season one. So don't ask me 'what season?' or 'who did you buy?'. Not just my striker score goals, but my midfielders and wingers score just as much as the false nine. So if you want your striker to score over 40 goals, this isn't the tactic what you're looking for.

Results with AFC Ajax
In my first season with Ajax I didn't use this tactic so I started to use this tactic at the beginnen of season two. I managed to win every single title, except the CL where I lost in the Final against Barcelona with a low condition (couldn't plan friendlys so I had a month rest before the CL-final) squad because of a fault in the update I play with. I imported a lot of youth and sold any key-players from season 1, like Daley Blind and Lasse Schone. So far, it has been a really good season for my average squad!

View attachment 406784 View attachment 405510

View attachment 405509 View attachment 405508 View attachment 405507 View attachment 405506 View attachment 405505 View attachment 405503 View attachment 405500 View attachment 405499 View attachment 405498

When I use opposition instructions..
I am not a fan of the opposition instructions, but they are helpfull if you add them in a good way. I will help you with that! I had an average team and played against good teams like City, Bayern and Barcelona. If you do not use some OI, it will be much harder to win or get a good result. If you think you need to add some OI against every team, why not!?

Most of the time I use D-line play against the top-10 teams of the world.
Ticker 'push higher up'..

View attachment 405520

It isn't that hard. You select the whole opposition team and let them 'show onto weaker foot'. You select all the opposition attackers and midfielders and choose 'tackle hard'. I want to press at their defenders and midfielders (and DM) so I choose 'closing down at always'. You don't want to give space and time to Iniesta, Xavi, etc. That's the reason too I select tight marking at their central midfielders. They are the heart of their midfield and I don't want to set-up the attack.

View attachment 405519 View attachment 405518 View attachment 405517 View attachment 405516

Team talk tip
Use assertive, 'I have faith in you' or 'I expect a win'.

I didn't use an attacking or defensive corner tactic, so you can add one if you want. There is also space for your tactical moves. The striker can be possibly tweaked (let me know if you find better roles for him) and you can also use OI's, assistant team training or a another team training. Make sure you are good at team talks, otherwise you won't be a good manager. You can learn how to use team talks by Raikan's thread.

Which one do I have to download?

Download the latest 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 in the attachments below. The lowest 1.0 is an old version (the original), so make sure you download the 1.0 (and 2.0 & 3.0) above. I don't know how to delete an attachment, sorry!

The 1.0 (not the original version) is an attacking version and a bit better than the 1.0 version. The 2.0 version is a more attacking verison than the 1.0 because it has very attacking backs and some more tweaks. The 3.0 is a counter version against big clubs or away games. Every version is usable in every game, but when you see it isn't going well, make sure you anticipate. Use the D-line play.. or not, go to counter.. or not, use opposition instructions.. or not. You are the manager, anticipate on what you see!

Last edited:
Hello mate, thanks for starting your post and looking to share your tactic. Screenshots on the tactic, results? That sort of thing will help your tactic be looked at bud. :)

Ok
I Test this tactics and this is my last try on 14.3

I need an advice, have you a team who could well suit the tactics ? not a top team ofc, kind of tousider team !

Might give this a go with Everton in 2020, 7th at the moment just 4pts off UCL

ok ^^

I have a "BrandNewgame" saved too, i load it then add a manager, then save as an other name, so i dont wait for creation of database when i make a new save xD

could it work with poacher instead of F9? anyone tested?

@ChristianEriksen
You have released a few tactics - do ypu see this as the best for a top team?