Will this work in 12.03? And how is the defence? I concede from attacks of fast wingers and set pieces on other tactics.

Guess not... i can simply neither defend nor score.

Conceding amazing long shots. 40 meters, 20?s, placed shots from outside of the box etc.

Im sure this tactic used to be the bomb back in FM11, but its utter useless now, for this patch anyway! Creates a zillion chances but cant score for ****! and concedes corners for fun! Im giving up on this tactic...

Very, very different results. Suffered a staggering 4-0 Away defeat against BVB, after a 3-2 Away defeat at Craven Cottage in the Euro Cup.
Had too many draws and 1-0 wins over really small teams. But at the moment my defending mid gets send off with 1-0 down on the board, the team suddenly scores 4 goals in one half straight away.

But, reading the comments, I am wondering: 'is the tactic still effective?'

just started using this a back up tactic...my other tactic is the same formation, so the players are used to playing this...2 games 2 defeats....its not the defeats, but the lack of creating anything at all...in 180 minutes the tactic known for creating CCC's has amassed a grand total of...zilch!

goals galore, or goals no more?

will persevere with it for a bit, but holding out much hope...must be a decent tactic, as its served so many people so well...maybe its just not doing it for me

Last edited:
I am awfully late on this one, but wanted to write a note anyway. I was very hesitant to use your tactics since all the test results were with, well, superior teams and I am in my 2nd season with Southampton, newly promoted in the Premier League. As a result, I had been using safer tactics until I realized I have no risk of relegation so I thought I'd try some changes. Your tactic has the max downloads so I tried it, just plug n play and IT WORKED WONDERS. Exactly as you said, screw possession and other stats, this tactic guarantees CCC.
Been using it for 12-13 games so far and am now 6th in the league table with this being my most recent and THE MOST unexpected result View attachment 317416View attachment 317417
jumped them to take 6th

I do however have one slight problem, in the event that my Striker fails to convert those CCC or my team struggles to get the ball forward at all (and thus not many CCC), the defense seems very vulnerable. I do have Rafael Toloi and Jose Fonte as my CB's

Any help would be appreciated

briliant tactic alwasy seem to score but defensice soundness to has worked well with spurs in prem and wolves in champ, thank you

I use your tactic on parma, as result i got 5 straight wins including against inter and juventus