Status
Not open for further replies.

koflok

Reaction score
GOALS GALORE 2013​

Hey guys. It's that time of the year again. So I'm back for my yearly visit :D

First of all I just want thank all the users who downloaded my GG12 tactic. I did not expect it to be that 'big'. I was really surprised to come back and see the tactic sitting at 126,000+ downloads - making it the most downloaded file here. And I apologize for the lack of update, I was really busy with something called final year of university. Now that I'm finishing uni, I will be able to be more active around here and update stuffs.

----
The Tactic & Formation

I'm sticking to my philosophy of attack is the best defense. The formation is narrow and quick in tempo, with attacking fullbacks making overlapping run on the touchline to drag defenders out, allowing the forwards to make forward runs and open up spaces. The main aim is to create lots of scoring opportunities and score goals.

Although I got to admit that I love the ME since it allows player to do more pass and move as well as an overall better defense. I am surprisingly having a very good defense and possession despite the attacking nature of the tactic.

Don't expect players having 100+ passes. Or games with 1-0 scoreline. I don't see the point of having players passing around between themselves to 'farm' their passing number and having 0 key passes. I also prefer to see a 5-3 win rather than 1-0.

Figured I never done this before, I have a go at 4-5-1 as the base formation.

4231.png

The Play

The defense applied here is pretty much similar to what Real Madrid has done against Barcelona in recent years. Press up front hoping to force opponent's defense error. As soon as the opponent reach the half way line, the team will defend in number. The midfield will enforce (and tackles) players outside the box to stop opponent's plays reaching into the box. Defenders will sit deep and intercept any movement that pass. If the opportunity arises, the fullbacks will spring forward to launch a quick counter attack.

The midfielders are the most essential players in the tactic. The three midfielder will rotate the ball, keeping possession, and launch a through ball forward or to the wingers when there's an open space. The AMC is your classic #10 playmaker who sit just behind the striker and inside forwards. Plenty of killer through balls will be threaded by the AMC, alongwith inside forwards, who will be the main assist machine in the team.

The wingers are inside forward. Their main job description is to dribble, a lot - destroying the opponents defense. They will score spectacular goals. They will cut inside and dragging the central defense and opens up space for the striker. Once in a while they will go to the byline and cross the ball. I kinda noticed the growing un-importance of having an opposite footed player in the wings to allow the player to cut inside. But still, it is still recommended to have left footed player on right wing and vice versa. Having a non-opposite footed player on the wing means there will be more crossing from byline rather than through balls and goals from the player.

The striker is the finisher. He will get the final ball most of the time. Thus, a good finisher with good pace is essential (Cisse had 20 finishing). He will stay up front, shoulder to shoulder with the defense and required to make good off the ball movement to anticipate any through balls. Once in a while he will drop deep and thread a through ball to the wingers who usually run diagonally to the center.

The Result

So far I've only tested it using Newcastle United. Half way through the season sitting at the top of the table - scoring a decent amount of goals.
Note that I used number of different settings of the tactic in this save. It was until the last 2 months where the 'current' tactic is established.

I am doing another run which I use the tactic from the beginning and will update the table as soon as I'm done.

The Players

Sweeper Goalkeeper:
Nothing much, he will just have to make sure that the opponent doesn't score goals. One on one and good passing is bonus.

Central defenders:
Nothing special as well. It's always a good thing to have a speedy and a tower defender in the team. The tower defender will be a threat in set pieces.
Recommended Attributes :Marking, Tackling, Anticipation, Concentration, Positioning, Pace and/or Jumping and Header

Full backs :
Will always do marauding run forward to provide support for the wingers. Speed and work rate is essential as he needs to go up and down the pitch. Sometimes will pull a Jordi Alba and pops up in the penalty box and score goals.
Recommended Attributes : Acceleration, Pace, Marking, Tackling, Crossing, Work Rate Finishing is bonus

Left Central Midfielder(left):
Think Busquets. On defense, he will be the main enforcer in the midfielder, stopping the opponent before reaching to our area. On offense, he will keep it simple and pass the ball to any open player. Nothing flashy.
Recommended Attributes : Tackling, Stamina, Decision, Strength, Passing, Teamwork

Right Central Midfielder(right):
Your main man in linking defense to offense. Supporting the playmaker by dictating the tempo from deep. and spread the ball forward or sideways accordingly.
Recommended Attributes : Passing, Creativity, Teamwork, Decision

Attacking Midfielder:
Sitting just outside the box behind your front three is your playmaker. Dragging out defenders, links up with the front three and providing killer balls forward
Recommended Attributes : Creativity, Passing, Flair, Teamwork, Dribbling, Decision, Agility

Wingers:
More of an inside forward. Their main job is to dribble directly to the dangerous area to mess up opponent defense and open up spaces for other players and make those diagonal final through balls forward. Will also be a scoring threat other than the front striker.
Recommended Attributes : Creativity, Passing, Flair, Teamwork, Dribbling, Decision, Agility

Strikers:
He score goals. Period.
Recommended Attributes : Finishing, Off the Ball, Anticipation, Pace/Acceleration, Dribbling, Flair

Motivation and Substitution

It's really down to your style of managing.
I tend to always be aggressive during pre-match and half time if losing, draw, or winning by 1 goal against weak teams. This may be effective due to the winning streaks I always get using the tactic and thus it's pretty normal to expect them to win.
I'm no expert in motivation so I leave this to you guys to input.

In terms of substitution, normally it is done around 60 minute mark. Priority as follows:
1. MC with yellow card and persistant fouling.
2. Players with exceedingly low stamina level (e.g 60% where others are above 70%)
3. Underperforming forwards and wingers (below 6.0)
4. When leading, put a more defensive minded midf on MCR. When chasing a goal, pull MCL as DMC and substitute MCR for a striker.
5. Winning big and want to save energy for next match. Do this to front 3 only.
6. Unmotivated or nervous players.

These rules does not apply if your player is Lionel Messi.

Match Preparation and Training
Honestly I am clueless in this.
Whatever match preparation training that makes your team become fluid using the tactic faster, use it until all box are full.
After that just go balanced.

Opposition Instructions and Shouts

None right now. Need more inputs and further testing before any effective settings can be applied.

FAQ

No one asked anything.. yet

To do list
-> Please try out different settings on these parts, so that the tactic can be continually improved..
1. Do set piece settings
2. Find effective OI and shouts
3. Try out different tempo/width settings to improve CCC
4. ????

Moar Pics!!
*soooooonnn.....
---

Haven't finish the opening post so unlikely that tactic is uploaded.
Whatever you do just don't click this link.

Kof (H)

Last edited:
Cheers Corvan.

Just watch this space I will be releasing it probably tonight. I will try to write up some description on OP first.

Your tactic for fm2012 was the best one by a long way imo, looking forward to trying out your new tactic :)

Super excited, love the fm12 tactic, can't wait to try this one out :p

Cannot wait for Your tactic :D

Did You made any info about training too?

Mate, as there is no content, I Will have this thread closed. Just send me à PM when you are ready to publish your work and I Will open the thread again.

Cheers

Cheers TBH. My bad thought I would make this thread to give some sort of motivation to me to actually start writing. But meh :p
I'll just post it when I'm totally finish with all the writing and all.

Just an update. In addition to the delay from reason stated, I also just played around with my tactic this whole day. Finding different sort of combinations which works really well. Kinda on the fence on which one I'm going to release. So yeah this may take a day or two (or more probably).

Spoiler. The tactic I'm doing right now is 4-2-3-1. Inside forwards, poacher, no. 10 AMC.

However, I am thinking of removing the AMC and replace him as either a deep lying striker (making it a 4-2-2-2). Or having a same formation as last year's (4-1-2-2-1). From either this two, me thinks will give an extra space for inside forward to exploit. But I'll miss the deadly through balls threaded by the AMC.

Another, although minor, thought I have is to have the two inside forwards as deep lying forwards. Just to make them a bit upfront and central on the attack. But seems unlikely since formation with wingers has always been my thing.

Moar spoiler

As said. It's a 4-5-1 formation. I bought Pjanic as AMC since Newcastle lacks coverage on that area.
4231.png

league.png

Yes the team tops the league at that time. Kinda early to tell how good the tactic is but we do score quite a bit and concede very little in my standard. So something must be done right at least.

Cisse scores 17 and assist 5 in 22 games. Nothing too explosive compared to last year edition but still get the job done.

Possession also increases compared to last year. Now almost at 60%. So far it seems like the tactic dominates the opponent better but needs some tweak to improve the directness of attack.

I'll close down this thread again and repost when the tactic (and full description) is ready.

Cheers

Reopen for a while.

Another update. I just finished an extensive testing on the tactic. Happy to say that I finally am satisfied with the current settings.

The final formation is still 4-2-3-1. As usual targetting 3++ CCC per match in average, fast tempo football, pass and move philosophy and plenty of possession.

I will post this one as the version 1. Soon. After I finish typing up all the first post - which may take a day or two (or three or four :p). To avoid further delay due to testing, I will not be making any major changes to the current tactic settings prior release. I will just update it as your inputs comes in.

Cheers.

I hate this part of the job. Writing a decent first post :|

Does this tactic abuse bugs or glitches in the match engine?

Does this tactic abuse bugs or glitches in the match engine?

I wish.

Nah there's none that I know of. I haven't even set up any set pieces settings yet. All is base on the tactic itself.

Awwww I was just about to download and try it out but you took it down :(

Will it be back up tonight?

@TBH : Please don't close the thread for a while. Trying to update the first post and it's kinda hard if it's not open.

I purposely do this around this time when there's not a lot of users online so there's not a lot of people posting here.

I just click post after editing and adding a whole lot of the first post and it's gone now because it was closed.

Thanks.

is there any link to download this tactic ? :'( i can't wait for it !

Really looking forward to playing with this tactic, hopefully it's stable unlike every other tactic I have tried on fm 13

is there any link to download this tactic ? :'( i can't wait for it !

Read the thread.

@TBH : Please don't close the thread for a while. Trying to update the first post and it's kinda hard if it's not open.

I purposely do this around this time when there's not a lot of users online so there's not a lot of people posting here.

I just click post after editing and adding a whole lot of the first post and it's gone now because it was closed.

Thanks.

koflok

Why dont you just start writing up your info on your tactic in Word or something, get this thread closed and when you are ready to release the tactic just start up another thread?

I don't really see the point in certain threads like this that talk up a tactic with nothing there, or your told that the tactic will be out in a few days but doesn't appear for weeks later. It's like hype building, and is better if you just released your thread and tactic at the same time, rather than build up posts from people getting excited about your tactics release.

koflok

Why dont you just start writing up your info on your tactic in Word or something, get this thread closed and when you are ready to release the tactic just start up another thread?

I don't really see the point in certain threads like this that talk up a tactic with nothing there, or your told that the tactic will be out in a few days but doesn't appear for weeks later. It's like hype building, and is better if you just released your thread and tactic at the same time, rather than build up posts from people getting excited about your tactics release.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.