Kop craves trophies - can i give them some? A Liverpool story

Reaction score
Btw im not on the next season patch , no Joe cole etc :( Please comment!

Hodgson departs after just two games

Roy Hodgson has today announced his resignation from the manager position at Liverpool and also has retired from football. This shock announcement happened at the press conference after Liverpools 3-0 defeat to Man City. He said " Ive found that my heart is not in this club as it was at Fulham. Im getting older and managing a club like Liverpool is very stressful. Ive decided to spend time with my family and friends but will remain a big football fan. I'd like to thank the Liverpool fans and board and also apologise for this out of the blue announcement."

View attachment 102836
Hodgson thanks the Liverpool fans

The Liverpool Board are yet to make a announcement about who could take over the management and the odds look like this.

Kenny Dalgleish 5/1
Harry Redknapp 10/1
Jose Mourinho 20 / 1
Alan Hansen 50 /1
Jamie Carragher 100 /1

Shock For The Kop

Liverpool fans were suprised and angered when rookie manager Luke Cummings was appointed manager. Cummings's playing career started at spanish club Valencia before at just 20 a bad leg break ended his career. Now at just 25, hes a very young and inexperienced manager.

Cummings said " Its a dream to manage such a great team, and i would like to ask for some support and help whilst i remain in charge. I also want to thank the Liverpool board."

I do believe that your only supposed to do one story at a time, better hope mods don't catch you ;)

good luck, i shall follow even though i'm a Blue - :)
cheers mate, i dont like Liverpool either lol , ive just never used them.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

I do believe that your only supposed to do one story at a time, better hope mods don't catch you ;)
Haha, im not playing on my other stories, just dont know how to close them . . . ?

Good luck mate, but don't expect to go win the european cup, never happens with Liverpool :(

I hope you clean up on the trophy front. Football Manager is by far the most viable way to make LFC an all-conquering unit - not really feasible in real life !

I hope you clean up on the trophy front. Football Manager is by far the most viable way to make LFC an all-conquering unit - not really feasible in real life !
Haha, i hope i do to. And no i think you'll get better, not that i like liverpool but i rate Roy Hodgson hes a quality manager.

To answer your question, no, you cannot GIVE them the trophy. You can win them some though. On a less negative note, how could the rookie manager with no odds what so ever get the job? It's very rare. Anyway, will be following, hoping to see the Kop with success in my save now. Good luck, you'll need it, Cummings.

To answer your question, no, you cannot GIVE them the trophy. You can win them some though. On a less negative note, how could the rookie manager with no odds what so ever get the job? It's very rare. Anyway, will be following, hoping to see the Kop with success in my save now. Good luck, you'll need it, Cummings.

Nice mate. Good luck nyway kid, enjoyed your england one so im sure you'll do well with this :)

A Decent Pre Season For Cummings

Luke Cummings has enjoyed a good pre season with Liverpool making some good signings and having generally good results in pre season.

Players Out

Babel to Sunderland 10M
Spearing to accrington Loan
Aurelio to Tottenham 2.6M
Voronin to Stuttgart loan fee 325K
Lucas to Juventus 5M
Total : 18M

Players in

Ruud Van Nistlerooy : 2.9M (All monthly Payments)
View attachment 102938

Yes Ruud Van Nistlerooy, well hes a goalscorer and i couldnt turn down having him for just 2.9M, and i can see him having a good season.

Rafeal Van Der Vaart : 8.5M (All Monthly Payments)
View attachment 102940
A great player, hes the kind of player that changes the game with one great shot, or great pass.

Danny Wilson : 625K
View attachment 102941
Well hes going to become big , already a good defender, i think its a great deal getting him for 625K.

Simon Vuckevic : 5M
View attachment 102943
More than capable of replacing Lucas, hes an exciting player capable of scoring goals.

Cummings on Transfers : "I think my transfers have made my squad stronger and i expect a top 3 finish. I can also say that i have agreed terms for signing Landon Donovan on a free, although he will be coming in January. I can also say i have 9.35M and 90K a week wage budget left and im looking for a tough midfielder to win the ball back , any sugestions?"

Pre Season Results

FC Timisoara (a) 3-0
Kyramyan OG (36) Torres (45+2) Gerrard (76)

Aberdeen (a) 1-1
Kuyt (82)

Barakaldo (a) 7-0
Van Der Vaart (8) Kuyt (14, 16 , pen 29) Mascherano (26) Torres (48, 73)

Girona (a) 3-0
Gerrard (29) Kuyt (31) Torres (58)

Sporting (a) 3-2
Torres (30) Kuyt (45) Van Der Vaart (46)

Tenerife (a) 1-2
Van Nistlerooy (56)

Blackburn (h) 4-1
Torres (53) Kuyt (60) Gerrard ( pen 67) Van der Vaart (86)

Im not sure on my starting line up but im looking to play this formation :

View attachment 102944

Any suggestions on Good tackling midfielder for 9M. Thanks

Haha i suppose i cant. and i no but, the way liverpool are going at the minute it wont be long until there getting rookie managers if they dont sort themselves out :p and thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Nice mate. Good luck nyway kid, enjoyed your england one so im sure you'll do well with this :)
Thanks mate :).