Kris Boyd to Celtic?!

Conbee92

Reaction score
CELTIC have thrown their full financial muscle behind an astonishing bid to land Rangers idol Kris Boyd.

Hoops chiefs will match the £30,000 a week on offer from Birmingham City gaffer Alex McLeish.
Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell is ready to splash out a £1million signing-on fee to persuade Boyd to turn his back on Gers and sign for their biggest rivals.
Lawwell has been in touch with the player's camp over the last week and has refused to let his pursuit of prolific striker Boyd drop.
Now the 26-year-old hitman will today return from a family holiday in Tenerife with his mind in a whirl over his football future.
Rangers goal machine Boyd is fully aware of the repercussions of agreeing to swap the Light Blues for the Hoops.
It's the most important move of his career and every option must be pondered.
Boyd, who scored 26 goals for the SPL champs last season, is available on a free transfer.
If Celtic supremo Lawwell pulls off the daring cloak and dagger swoop with the full backing of caretaker boss Neil Lennon it would be the most sensational Old Firm transfer since Mo Johnston snubbed the Hoops and joined Gers instead in 1989.
Back then Graeme Souness smashed down the religious barrier and landed Rangers' first high-profile Catholic signing.
Now, 21 years on, Celtic's driven desire to halt Gers' title march at two-in- a-row sees them pursuing Boyd in the knowledge that his capture would be a massive bodyblow to the skint champions.
Boyd has felt undervalued at Gers in recent seasons as the salary packages dished out to stars like both Steven Davis and Pedro Mendes dwarfed those of the man who broke Celtic icon Henrik Larsson's SPL scoring record.
He cut a forlorn figure at the Ibrox title party after the win at Hibs following another devastating demotion to the bench.
Now, as he sifts through offers from Turks Kayserispor and the Premier League - with Newcastle United high on the list of moves he'd crave if he has to go - Boyd has been given a chance to take the most astonishing path out of Ibrox of all.

From the Scottish Sun, so probably a load of ****, but it would be very interesting if it did happen. Any thoughts?

Celtic denied it on their website. Scottish Sun's a load of *****.

Not going to happen, love too the Rangers fan's faces if it did though.

Iv been told its already done for him to come to Birmingham.

Unless that just him agreeing personal terms and he hasn't made a decision.

Never going to happen, desperation time at the papers.

I have said before that if the papers can't find news they will make it, i find it very unlikely that he would go to celtic but you never know

What a load of **** Kris Boyd would never sign for Celtic he is to much of a Rangers man

It won't happen but I suppose Lawells only doing his job? He has to find the best available players for his club,boyd'***** 25+ the past 3 seasons,he's on a bosman transfer and Celtic need a goalscorer? Should playing for Rangers stop him at least enquiring?
If Boyds moving for money he'll go abroad if it's for ambition it'll be the EPL? The move won't happen for those things amongst others?

I wouldn't want him at Parkhead if there was any truth to it . It has nothing to do with him being a Rangers player but he never does it in games that matter, he's hardly ever picked for European or OF games . If we are paying a striker £30k a week I expect them to be able to score against all teams, not just the bottom 6 of the SPL. However Celtic play a more attacking style of football that would create more chances and maybe allow him to perform better in larger games . More than Smith's 9-0-1 that he plays in Europe anyway .

Last edited:
lol Kris Boyd is a quality player...and with an offer to join a Premiership club clearly on the cards, why would he even bother thinking about staying in Scotland.

Plus, this would never happen

Firstly, though I don't think it will happen, Boyd could still stay at Rangers, so don't rule that out yet, as at 26 he could still have a big move in a year or two. Secondly, I'm actually convinced he would be shot dead or something like that if he signed for the Scum down the road, Rangers fan would disown him. Thirdly, Alex Mcliesh is at Birmangham, and Mcliesh and him have a supposedly good relationship.