Kris Boyd to Celtic?!

Do you not think he would be a good squad player? I have a sneaky suspicion that Fortune will come good,would form a good partnership I think?

Let's face it if you were Celtic manager,had the funds and a Rangers player was unhappy and wanted out of Ibrox would you bid for him ( for talking sake Davis or Bougherra)?

I know I would take Maloney or McGeady if the same situation arose?

Of course I would take Davis or Bougherra, but that's because they've proven they can do well at the highest level. Boyd hasn't. Also, there's the fact that he wouldn't be able to walk around and lead a normal life anymore. I read John Hartson's article on The Sun's website, read it because it sums up why, as a personal choice, Boyd shouldn't go to Celtic. I hope you're right about Fortune and as for McGeady, be my guest!

Of course I would take Davis or Bougherra, but that's because they've proven they can do well at the highest level. Boyd hasn't. Also, there's the fact that he wouldn't be able to walk around and lead a normal life anymore. I read John Hartson's article on The Sun's website, read it because it sums up why, as a personal choice, Boyd shouldn't go to Celtic. I hope you're right about Fortune and as for McGeady, be my guest!

I read Hartsons article and agreed with everything he said but the point I was making was that the old firm should do this more often,I don't see anything wrong with lookin to sign players directly from Celtic as long as they'll improve the squad?

I think the Celtic support are being a bit harsh towards McGeady though,I think he'***** a certain level with Celtic and can improve no further whilst still playing in the SPL but I reckon he'll do well playing against better opposition week in week out?

I read Hartsons article and agreed with everything he said but the point I was making was that the old firm should do this more often,I don't see anything wrong with lookin to sign players directly from Celtic as long as they'll improve the squad?

I think the Celtic support are being a bit harsh towards McGeady though,I think he'***** a certain level with Celtic and can improve no further whilst still playing in the SPL but I reckon he'll do well playing against better opposition week in week out?

The one Celtic player I would take, interestingly is Fortune. He will come good. The rest are scum. The only thing is, yes clubs all over the world sign players directly from their rivals, but I bet you can't name a succesful one apart from Luis Figo.

The one Celtic player I would take, interestingly is Fortune. He will come good. The rest are scum. The only thing is, yes clubs all over the world sign players directly from their rivals, but I bet you can't name a succesful one apart from Luis Figo.

You're joking right?
Ok here goes,
Sol Campbell arsenal vs tottenham is tame? You're taking the **** my good man,he got death threats for gods sake!
Andrea Pirlo went direct from Inter to AC and I'm pretty sure he's the 1st name on the teamsheet! Clarence Seedorf also acheived this!
Carlos Tevez has been a massive success and Man City ARE Man Utds biggest rivals!
Luis Enrique swapped the bernabau for the Nou Camp before Figo and became a Legend!
Lee Clark played for Sunderland and Newcastle despite being a diehard toon supporter!
Plenty of players have swapped anfield for goodison also!

The list and arguement could go on for ages,there are loads of players who've successfully went to rival clubs,I just don't think it's that big a deal to consider players from Celtic and Vice-versa?

Kris Boyd would do well for Celtic. When he plays in a team that creates chances, he will score more goals. His best bit of form this season was probably when Rangers played with Novo and Beasley out wide, when even I thought they were playing amazingly well. But there are alot of mindless idiots who could NEVER get over the fact he played for Rangers, as well as Rangers fans who could NEVER get over the fact that he signed for Celtic.

Fair enough, but I think Man-u consider Liverpool their bigger rivals, and the Arsenl-Spurs derby is fairly tame in comparison to others.

It's really not.. Some Arsenal fan pushed my mate through a window just because he had a Tottenham tattoo on his arm.. Which is funny, but pretty sick at the same time.

Plus I wouldn't consider United - Liverpool 'fierce'

(Sorry it's completely off topic)

Last edited:
not if he scores enough goals but otherwise yes, yes he would lol |)

Don't think it would be Celtic fans murdering him....

For me, it's nothing to do with religion. It's to do with ability. We need a proper consistent goalscorer, not one that scores only against the 'diddy teams', shall we say, of the SPL. I know Celtic have inconsistent goalscorers even against bottom-six sides, but I just don't think we should be spending £1 Million (was it £1M? That's what I was told) on someone who won't perform in the big games.

They're all diddy teams.

The Sun said:
When the truth of behind-the-scenes manoeuvres this summer emerges - possibly when Boyd signs for a new club and is free to talk - there will be major embarrassment for some. Not for us.

Yeah, sure (H)

Gers Concede Boyd Exit
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_6176144,00.html

and look who is leading the chase ;) who else but the biggest of Ecks :)

i would love to see Boyd down here, he may work well with Zigic, and forces Jerome to play better because of stronger opposition. With Garry O'Connor as a back up and Super Kevin Phillips as super sub once again ;)

Gers Concede Boyd Exit
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_6176144,00.html

and look who is leading the chase ;) who else but the biggest of Ecks :)

i would love to see Boyd down here, he may work well with Zigic, and forces Jerome to play better because of stronger opposition. With Garry O'Connor as a back up and Super Kevin Phillips as super sub once again ;)

He'll do well for you.:)

You're joking right?
Ok here goes,
Sol Campbell arsenal vs tottenham is tame? You're taking the **** my good man,he got death threats for gods sake!
Andrea Pirlo went direct from Inter to AC and I'm pretty sure he's the 1st name on the teamsheet! Clarence Seedorf also acheived this!
Carlos Tevez has been a massive success and Man City ARE Man Utds biggest rivals!
Luis Enrique swapped the bernabau for the Nou Camp before Figo and became a Legend!
Lee Clark played for Sunderland and Newcastle despite being a diehard toon supporter!
Plenty of players have swapped anfield for goodison also!

The list and arguement could go on for ages,there are loads of players who've successfully went to rival clubs,I just don't think it's that big a deal to consider players from Celtic and Vice-versa?

I don't know, but theres just something that doesn't appeal to me at all, and that is the image of someone who has played against Rangers for their biggest rivals, and possibly scored against Rangers, playing for Rangers and then seeking the adulation of the Rangers fans ! I mean, come on, can you imagine if someone like Boruc signed for Rangers, there'd be mutiny in the streets, and I can't imagine things would end too well for the player involved in the transfer !

And another thing that bugs the life out of me with both sets of old firm fans,is it players religons the reason why supporters don't want a player from rival teams or is it just because they play for the opposition? Why shouldn't transfers between the two take place? It happens all over the world so why shouldn't we look at rival players? Sol Campbell Spurs to Arsenal,Luis Figo Barca to Real and Andrea Pirlo Inter to AC Milan to name just a few?

Something to think about!

Religion? Are you living in the 80's mate? That doesn't matter any more. I would of thought, you a Rangers fan, more than anyone wouldn't want this to go through. Why would you want one of your clubs favourite players leaving for your biggest rivals? Especially with a rivalry as intense as Celtic v Rangers it would just never happen, I mean it could happen but I don't think it would go down well with the fans.

i think so too mate, just hopefully can put pen to paper.

the deal about Boyd has been circulating Brum for months now, i sit next to someone at St Andrews who goes to the same gym as the Blues players in a place called Shirley on a Monday morning, and Andy Watson our 1st team coach told him that it was basically done. This chap speaks to all the Blues lot all the time, he's told me about transfers before the papers did on many occasions. Just hope he's right.

im a big fan of Boyd tbh.

i think so too mate, just hopefully can put pen to paper.

the deal about Boyd has been circulating Brum for months now, i sit next to someone at St Andrews who goes to the same gym as the Blues players in a place called Shirley on a Monday morning, and Andy Watson our 1st team coach told him that it was basically done. This chap speaks to all the Blues lot all the time, he's told me about transfers before the papers did on many occasions. Just hope he's right.

im a big fan of Boyd tbh.

I can actually remember when he rejected you like a year or so ago, and I was jumping all over the place 'cos he was staying ! Birmingham if they sign Boyd will have a good few quality strikers I think, has the Zigic deal went through ?

I can actually remember when he rejected you like a year or so ago, and I was jumping all over the place 'cos he was staying ! Birmingham if they sign Boyd will have a good few quality strikers I think, has the Zigic deal went through ?

ye Zigic is officially a Blues player, got the number 11 shirt i believe.

ye with Jerome, Zigic, O'Connor, Phillips and possibly Boyd im extremely pleased with that attack.
with Faddy if need be, or sitting in the hole on tough away games.

and ye i remember him nearly signing then pulling out, was gutted. I think it has always been on the cards with Big Eck being our manager though, they clearly have a good relationship from the past, and Alex clearly likes him.

Shame we couldn't have given you a couple of million for him though.
Theres a strong historical link between Ranger and Birmingham i believe. My dad is a former Zulu and he remembers Rangers and ourselves joining forces to take on the Villa when Rangers were down here in a european tie XD. Actually i know of a massive flag in the Tilton Road end of our ground, with a Blues badge and Rangers badge on it ;)

I don't know, but theres just something that doesn't appeal to me at all, and that is the image of someone who has played against Rangers for their biggest rivals, and possibly scored against Rangers, playing for Rangers and then seeking the adulation of the Rangers fans ! I mean, come on, can you imagine if someone like Boruc signed for Rangers, there'd be mutiny in the streets, and I can't imagine things would end too well for the player involved in the transfer !

Hmm Rangers and Celtic have both signed Kenny Miller in the last decade, that was never too big a deal.

Religion? Are you living in the 80's mate? That doesn't matter any more.QUOTE]

Afraid you are wrong there Andy. Religious problems are still ever present in Scotland and in Scottish football.

ye Zigic is officially a Blues player, got the number 11 shirt i believe.

ye with Jerome, Zigic, O'Connor, Phillips and possibly Boyd im extremely pleased with that attack.
with Faddy if need be, or sitting in the hole on tough away games.

and ye i remember him nearly signing then pulling out, was gutted. I think it has always been on the cards with Big Eck being our manager though, they clearly have a good relationship from the past, and Alex clearly likes him.

Shame we couldn't have given you a couple of million for him though.
Theres a strong historical link between Ranger and Birmingham i believe. My dad is a former Zulu and he remembers Rangers and ourselves joining forces to take on the Villa when Rangers were down here in a european tie XD. Actually i know of a massive flag in the Tilton Road end of our ground, with a Blues badge and Rangers badge on it ;)

/Thug.

I am no thug, my dad was XD, it was the done thing back in the 70's and 80's, have a little scuffle after a match, on the way and too a match from a train station, just boots and fists, no nonsense with knives and weapons ;)