Kris Boyd

ajw

Reaction score
Quitting while George Burley is in charge. What do you, especially the Scots, think?

It seems like far too many players are doing this, showing too many of them are Prima Donna's. I mean I'd be upset if I didn't get picked for my country, but quitting under a certain manager won't get you re-picked. Now just because Kris Boyd wasn't brought on ahead of a player in great domestic form he has a strop.

Paul Parry did it for Wales last time round and I was fuming. Toshack didn't play him v Azerbaijan but told him he would against Russia. But cos he didn't play in the first place (he'd only been re-called recently after exiling himself) he threw his toys out of the pram. One or two others have done it under Toshack but they're headstrong idiots like Thatcher and Savage.

Don't get it and don't agree with it myself.

Heres what i said on SI:

Burleys analysis of games is a joke. Obviously the manager cant come out and say we were pish but a bit more honesty. Didnt he say we played terrific in the second half against Macedonia? when we were lucky not to conceed another 2-3 goals. Now hes saying Boyd needs to prove himself (which seems to be one of his reasons for retiring) despite the fact Boyd had 7 goals in 15 caps and always does well when Walter actually plays him, when did Iwelumo playing in the lower leagues of England not doing much and Fletcher playing and not really scorign that much at Hibs prove themselves?

However to critize Boyd retiring isnt the answer. He doesnt get his game at Rangers but hes never really complained so dont see why hes going in such a msssive huff with Scotland. If he really wanted to play for his country he would improve or at least move to a club where he will be played.

Burley out though, he seems genuinly clueless. its not just thinking that his demenor and interviews suggest it as well.

some people just shouldnt manage at International level and i really think he is one of them. He plays stupid formations and has yet to pick a decent squad. Playing Mcfadden upfront on his own was just stupid.

As for Boyd 'what a cry baby ***** **** moron ******' stop crying get your finger out in training and deserve your game for your country ya ****.

don't see Owen moaning like a girl

Something is fishy with boyd no manager except mcleish and his kilmarnock boss ever seem to fancy him. He doesnt play consistantly for rangers but his goal record is amazing. I think its pretty harsh what burley said about him not playing because darren fletcher is hardly a key player for man utd yet he is picked regardless

Something is fishy with boyd no manager except mcleish and his kilmarnock boss ever seem to fancy him. He doesnt play consistantly for rangers but his goal record is amazing. I think its pretty harsh what burley said about him not playing because darren fletcher is hardly a key player for man utd yet he is picked regardless

It's to do with his workrate and attitude and effort in training

I personally dont care about that when a player just scores goal after goal.

Ok...I know for a nation like Scotland (Wales are the same) that's a fair point when it comes to quality players/guaranteed goals etc...we'd be the same without Bellamy...but you've gota have the attitude, workrate etc. What kind of message would it send out if a player is picked cos of his record and nothing else? If Bellamy went like that, I'd probably agree with Toshack if he dropped him. Savage was like that (although at the time he was a good player and Tosh was a *** as well) so he wasn't chosen.

'Oh yeah this guy will probably get a goal, I'll play him. Sure he hasn't been playing for his club, he's a lazy ******* in training and won't help the team, but I'll pick him anyway'. Now that's an exaggeration but that's a reason why Burely hasn't picked him (tactical ineptness aside).

Like Kris said, u aint seen Michael Owen-a much more proven player at club and international level-saying 'I'm not gona play for Capello cos he won't pick me.' I think thats why Carragher retired last year or whenever it was. These players are ridiculous.

Boyd doesnt have a recrod in the Bellamy sense that Bellamy was a great player, whenever Kris Boyd plays he scores

Yeah but that point I was making was referring just to key players, as in Scotland=better with Boyd; Wales better with Bellamy.

I think for any team club or international, you have to pick your best players and boyd is definatley the most prolific scottish forward and people like him owen, van nistelrooy can be missing for 89minutes then knock one in right at the death. I believe boyd did that not too long ago against south africa i think?

But i think boyd spitting the dummy out is just a sign of footballers prefering there clubs to there countrys these days. I'm the same id prefer to watch birmingham than england but i would never turn my back on england. But these days club football is bigger than international thats why footballers treat the international game with no respect.

Boyd is a great finisher, he's been playing fairly regularly for Rangers this season and has scored a few goals.

On Soccer AM, when Darren Fletcher was asked about his Scotland team-mates he voted Boyd as the worst trainer as he doesn't try or put any effort in. Though Walter Smith said in an interview that Boyd stayed behind in training just hitting balls into the net.

If he improved his attitude to training and his fitness he would be Scotlands best striker by miles, and Rangers. He could then, probably, go on to play in a better league.

Ok Boyd is a lazy ars. I liked him when I went 2 every game at Hampden bt now hes moanin coz burley didnt pick him then he can Fu*k off. Yes he has a good goal score record and he sits, Poaches n gets a few goals. Personally I would have put boyd,mcfadden & miller up. Bt you know burley has no clue about anythin and is a Sh*t manager. Im a real Scotland fan and have been to the last 100 odd games and im 12. Lets just say give Gary Harkins a call up and Liam Buchanan. (Im a Partick Thistle fan)

haha dont be daft on the Thistle players for Scotland and Scotland playing upfront, we barely ever go 2 up ffs.

Also do you have any info on Pedram Ardalany. Is he Scottish/Iranian or did he seek assluym here or summat.

i have seen him play once against ayr. Good player not good enough fr first team hes iranian. Btw maybe not buchanan bt I would put harkins in the scotland squad no joke. Im a member of tartan army I go 2 every scotland game and im serious. Cmon Burley your havin a laugh BROADFOOT! LOL HE SCORED AGAINST ICELAND THT SHOWES YOU HOW BAD THEY ARE!

Meh im a Celtic fan and being realistic he is ok backup, which isnt saying much for the players available.

So youd call up Harkin is a a CM? Thats our strongest position ffs

Harkins is awesome but very underrated in fm. celtic/rangers/hibs/hearts and motherwell wer lookin at him aswell as the keeper who is in ptfc and nrth ireland tuffey

tbh i agree with boydy on this 1 not because i am a rangers fan but cause burleys an arsehole. Scotland as a nation are crying out for goals against Norway in our last game so the fud picks a once capped lower league diddy in iwelumo and an unproven flectcher who by all accounts is very good but isnt fair on him to ask him to go out and get a goal on his debut infront of a full house at hampden. Boyd shoulda been picked from the start or at least when Burley knew wee needed a goal stick him on cause guaranteed 9/10 you give boydy the ball in the box its only going 1 place , in the back of the net.

anyways thats ma tuppence worth

away you go son, take your blue blinkers off. Big Chris was brought on and fair enough he missed but apart from that he had a decent game and i would much rather have players who are commited and willing to work than a lazy moaning **** who just qq'd because he wasnt getting his game.

away you go son, take your blue blinkers off. Big Chris was brought on and fair enough he missed but apart from that he had a decent game and i would much rather have players who are commited and willing to work than a lazy moaning **** who just qq'd because he wasnt getting his game.

so you would rather stick a guy in whos played in all england lower leagues and not proven himself to any 1 up here than a proven striker who gets on average 35 goals a season aye ok then.