Lampard warns of Blues 'disaster'

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Frank Lampard admits it would be a "disaster" if Chelsea failed to qualify for next season's Champions League.

More...

Of corse it would be a disaster. I still firmly believe we can make the top 4 and even the top 3. We have Utd, Spurs and Man City all to play at home. I think its only a matter of time before the squad find a way to play and when they do the results could be devastating. Im predicting Torres to get his first Chelsea goal on Tuesday in the CL because it will be a welcome break for him from the PL and then he can kick on from their.

from what i saw of chelsea against liverpool, they seemed sooo reluctant to give the ball to torres, they are so reluctant to make any attacking runs, and seem to enjoy passing sideways and getting it out wide only to run back inside with it, but they only do this when there's around 6 defending players, strange, but they seem to have lost all creative flair, and drogba having to come quite so deep isnt helping, as i think he's lost his legs a bit now. not looking good for the chelsea boys

from what i saw of chelsea against liverpool, they seemed sooo reluctant to give the ball to torres, they are so reluctant to make any attacking runs, and seem to enjoy passing sideways and getting it out wide only to run back inside with it, but they only do this when there's around 6 defending players, strange, but they seem to have lost all creative flair, and drogba having to come quite so deep isnt helping, as i think he's lost his legs a bit now. not looking good for the chelsea boys

We lacked width in the Liverpool and Fulham games. The 4-4-2 diamond is not working as teams are doubling up on our fullbacks so it makes us play through the centre.

Last year we didi the double against Chelsea. I believe we are doing it this year too. Chelsea will not find their form just like that. They need to start getting results before it's too late. It would be funny if they didin't qualify :D

Of corse it would be a disaster. I still firmly believe we can make the top 4 and even the top 3. We have Utd, Spurs and Man City all to play at home. I think its only a matter of time before the squad find a way to play and when they do the results could be devastating. Im predicting Torres to get his first Chelsea goal on Tuesday in the CL because it will be a welcome break for him from the PL and then he can kick on from their.

Still you have United away too, and also Everton away.Stoke away and also Brum, ManUtd, City, Spurs at home. Not exactly easy fixtures. Yeah they can get the top 4 spot, but i wouldn't be too confident looking at Spurs form.

A few weeks ago I thought it was idiotic that Chelsea wouldn't qualify. However with Spurs' current form, I wouldn't be so sure. Without Bale, I expected them to drop points in 2 of their last 3 games, but against Sunderland and Bolton they snatched victory from the jaws of a draw. That is the mark of a very good side, and unfortunately, that it what Spurs are turning into.

Honestly, I really don't know who will get 4th. It depends entirely on when Torres kicks on for Chels, it needs to be soon though. However I just can't see how both him and Drogba will fit into the system.

Last edited:
Does Lampard want each team in the Champions league to be owned by a billionaire or something? Man City getting a champions league spot would be a disaster.

Does Lampard want each team in the Champions league to be owned by a billionaire or something? Man City getting a champions league spot would be a disaster.

What?! What has this, on god's green earth, got ANYTHING to do with Man City?!

Stay on topic fool.

Even with Chelsea playing rubbish they still should be grinding out results, shouldnt they:S, Look at United at the start of season we were drawing loads but at least we were getting points. And you call your self champions :p

What?! What has this, on god's green earth, got ANYTHING to do with Man City?!

Stay on topic fool.

It is on topic. Man City are also fighting for a place in the Champions league position are they not? I'm just wondering why it would be a disaster for a team that has gotten into the Champions league without a billionaire, and doing quite well, rather then a team that is just Chelsea Version 2.

Edit: Sorry my fault. This article didn't have Lampard saying it would be a disaster if Spurs qualified and Chelsea didn't. I read a different article on the same subject that did :(

Last edited:
It is on topic. Man City are also fighting for a place in the Champions league position are they not? I'm just wondering why it would be a disaster for a team that has gotten into the Champions league without a billionaire, and doing quite well, rather then a team that is just Chelsea Version 2.

Edit: Sorry my fault. This article didn't have Lampard saying it would be a disaster if Spurs qualified and Chelsea didn't. I read a different article on the same subject that did :(

1-0 Alex

The proper top 4 is Utd Chels Arsenal and Liverpool, not liking these 2 teams thinking they can just waltz in. Next season it will be back to normal, i hope.