Leading S.S. Pennarossa to Champions League Glory

It's just the fact that my heart breaks when you score the highest scoring game for the league was against Fiorentino. This is why Pennarossa is becoming my rival. Just don't like to see my team do so bad especially to this team. Ugh just makes me sick lol.

Ah okay haha. I'm sure I'll break it against another team when I become professional!

2015 Update
(Up to August 2015)

So the second half of the season wasn't as successful as I was hoping, although I still completed the triple, I was dealt a couple of losses and 2 draws in the same period, which I don't think even happened in my first season! I managed to finish top of the Coppa Titano, as well as the league, and won coach of the year for a 4th year in a row. As a comparison of the amount of fixtures I had in the first half of the season -
Sept - Dec (4 months) = 25 competitive games
Jan - May (5 months) = 19 competitive games

Sorrentino almost got an average rating of 9 in the Coppa Titano, scoring 15 goals along the way :) He also came 6th in the goalscoring charts in the Champions League even though he didn't take part in the group stages and beyond!

Untouchable as far as the board are concerned with my position and my best eleven for the season and overall are below..

Council have yet again blocked my stadium expansion so I don't know how I'm going to get a bigger fanbase :( But managed to upgrade my youth and training facilities this year again.

Every club in the league went up in reputation, leading to the league rising 30 places in the european club rankings and Pennarossa rose to 401st. Also, San Marino have improved UEFA seedings by automatically starting in the 2nd round of qualifying instead of 1st.

FINALLY! Just turned semi-pro!!

Results for my 2015/2016 "pre-season"...

Yes, that's right, Champions League here we come! A lovely boost to the bank balance..

Some tough fixtures to look forward to in the coming months -

My aim is 1 point.​

Wow! Great work! Maybe you'll need to build a new stadium instead of getting it expanded?

Home draw against Ajax or Schalke is potentially possible, but it'll still be great experience for the players! Which you'll now be able to keep as you're semi-pro. All-round great season!

Wow! Great work! Maybe you'll need to build a new stadium instead of getting it expanded?

Home draw against Ajax or Schalke is potentially possible, but it'll still be great experience for the players! Which you'll now be able to keep as you're semi-pro. All-round great season!

That's what I'm planning on. Going to have to get more funds to afford a new stadium though!

Yeh I'm targeting a couple of draws potentially! Got too many foreign players at the moment so desperately need some top facilities to bring in young Sammarinese talent!

Games just crashed. Need to replay my last game against Rapid Bucharest! :s Fingers crossed I make it through!

Thank god for that! Scraped through on away goals this time, losing 2-1 in the last game. However, I've been handed a tougher group stage across all 3 teams I feel...

Just had a read through this and all I have to say is wow!

Keep it up buddy! Lovely read :)

Not been a great start to the season. Topped off by this c*** performance -

Yep, THREE sendings off in one game. I don't even have my tactics set to aggressive!​

Great story, I'm with Tre Fiori......

1st season, won everything
2nd seasn, won everyting, got into the Euro Cup group stage, got beat mostly heavily but I did managed a 1-1 at home with Juventus and beat them 3-1 away!! THey played a weak team but this was a huge coup for the club!
3rd season - on course to win everything, got into the CL group stages - got utterly hammered every game except 2-1 home loss to AC Milan, they scored in the 72 and 90th minutes, I was leading at half time :(

I went pro in season 2, my bank balance is £10m, facilities have been upgraded every year, but not the stadium. My main problem is wage budget of £2,200 a week, and I'm spending £3k so well over - the board don't trust me now with 'budeting'. Everyone I want to sign wants £500-2000 a week so it's very hard. Ive got a couple of pretty decent players for this level.

Shows that which team you pick in the SM league makes a difference! I didn't even turn semi-pro till 2015/16 pre-season and had won everything up till then. I think Tre Fiori were predicted 1st though and Pennarossa only 7th so opposite ends of the table at first.

Next update coming soon...

2015/16 Season

So, again, a not so great season (apart from getting to the Champs League group stages). I trundled along and managed to do the triple again, thank god! Got smashed in the CL groups with my best result being the 4-1 loss to Liverpool, and my worst being the 9-0 loss to Benfica! Lost far too many games to SM teams (6 in total), although I did field some weaker teams of SM nationality.

This season would be the first I wouldn't win Coach of the Year :( But my striker managed to get striker of the season and player of the year, and my midfielder got midfielder of the season.

The league rose 62 places in the rankings and are now in the top 250 :) and Pennarossa are keeping up and have moved up to 220th. Everyone in the league went up in reputation too.

I managed to get a new 2 year sponsorship deal worth 16K, which is a 10K increase. AND, after requesting it earlier in the season, the board have decided to make the club professional! :D They've given me a transfer budget of just over £1mill and a wage budget of 12K. I don't think I'll be buying anyone though as want to ensure the club remain in the positive and make a profit every year.

My finances took a plummet a couple of weeks ago as I am upgrading both training and youth facilities, ready again for this autumn.

My best eleven and overall best eleven...

2016 Preseason

So I entered the CL qualifiers with an easy game against Welsh side Glentoran, but then had to play Rangers! So have a look at how I got on...

Yep, went through on away goals and then got rewarded by a rematch from 2012 (when I was amateur) against Partizan when I lost 11-1 on aggregate! This time I did MUCH better and managed to do a job at home after losing away to them...

So I made it to the CL group stages again and been given a group with -

Just played my first game against Shakhtar and I think I would have won if it wasn't for 3 injuries AND 2 red cards! So I went down to 7 men and eventually lost 7-3 :(

On another note my finances are looking good with £8.5mil in the bank and I've managed to get a Portuguese feeder club who are in their top division :) They're paying me too. Nothing on Real Madrid with SammyT but it'll do for now!

Only brought in 4 players and let go of 3 on free transfers so not much activity there.

2016 Champions League

So this season's got off to a much better start. Undefeated in the league and in the Coppa Titano, as well as winning the Trofeo Federale and the San Marino Challenge. So let's see how I got on in the CL groups after that 7-3 loss to Shakhtar with 7 men!

So as you can see I got my FIRST point in the group stages against PSV! It would have been 3 if it wasn't for a 90th minute equaliser! :(

You may also notice that after the groups I was the 2nd higher goal-scoring team (22 goals) behind Man Utd (23 goals) and Trimarco was 3rd highest goalscorer (so far)...

In November I was offered the job at Wolves with a hefty £15mil transfer budget, but obviously declined as my loyalty lies with Pennarossa :)

2016/2017 Season Update

Have been unable to access my Pennarossa save due to it being on another laptop but can now finally update you all on how it's going. Finished the 16/17 season winning everything (bar CL of course). I have just looked at the club information screen for the first time in a while and am a Club Legend, and the club are now worth £1.5 million which is a huge change to when I started!

My reputation went up but still only 1/2 star like the rest of the teams, not sure how though! Pennarossa moved up 304 places to 168th which is great, closing in on the top 100 and the league followed suit reaching 181st in the european club rankings.

A player set a new record for the team and the league with a goal in 14 seconds.

Council blocked planning permission for an expansion again so looks like I'm going to have to save up for a new stadium as I need to increase revenue! Only have 250 seats!!! Managed to use my finances towards upgrading my youth and training facilities so slowly getting there.

Best starting XI from past season and since I took over as manager.

Any update on this? Very keen to hear as I'm 4-5 seasons into a career with Tre Fiori, just it's going very slow as I'm also managing San Marino in Serie A (doing the SM challenge) and the SM National Team too.

I also got my first group stage of the CL point this year, 1-1 home game aginst AZ, I did lose to Chelsea 2-1 both home and away and led both games at half time, but to be honest it was pure luck as they where all over me.

£13m in the bank, expenaded stadium to 1500 but remains 350 seated, annoying as I only get 600-800 for games. Loads of upgrades to training & youth facilities have happened so they are at a decent standard and I have decent coaches and scouts now too.

CS/CT Leagues are SILLY easy, it's novemember and I just conceeded my first goal....

Spending £30k a week on wages, got some very promising players now, a great core of quality young players etc. Team is ranked either 97th or 117th in the world too.

Struggling with work permits, and going to take ages to bridge the gap between myself and half decent CL teams, but it's fun.

Last edited: