Leeds United - can we get back?

• Thread starter Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 6K
B

Blynd1

Created this to see if i am the only believer that actually believes Leeds will be BIG once again... After the fall and the league 1 nightmare... we are 4th in championship wich i think it proofs we were NEVER a league 1 team and we have the quality to survive in the EPL. Am i the only one :P?

Never expect that from a Sheff Wed fan... Thought you guys had a litlle more hope to your team, but its ok, we are hated, i remember having lots of people last year saying we would go to League 2 and down and down... :P

Not sure about survival in EPL but still...I would love to see Leeds like before

First off I am going to say yes we were a league one team. We were never a league 1 club but we defo were a league 1 team. A club doesn't stay in league 1 for 3 seasons if it was too good for it. However now in the championship it is not all about being the physically biggest team like in league 1. Being able to play football is bringing out the best in some of our players which explains our success (along with some good signings). Yes I do believe one day we will be back in the big time but not this season. I'd love to go up but realistically we aren't going to. This season is about a season of consolidation. Unless we really strengthen the defence in January and Kissa comes back soon (not looking likely) and the same player as before the injury (always hard to judge) I don't think we will get auto promo. I could possibly see us getting into the play offs due to our good offense but not good enough to win them (But we are the play off losers afterall!). Obviously if we do somehow get promoted it will be a real challenge to to stay up. Yes we could do a Blackpool but really we would need to strengthen in all areas. I'd rather consolidate this year and next year get rid of the poorer players (Naylor, Collins, Bessone) and bring in some real quality that can give us a good promotion push next year. Sorry for the long answer but this question really interested me :)

nah im sure ull b bk in the prem soon the way ur team r playing at the mo with the gd results aswell,too be honest Leeds r really a premiership club and should b there just a shame its taking so long,if we do half aswell as Leeds hav when we return to the championship nxt season (touch wood) then id b happy!

Last edited:
Leeds is a great team, they used to be very good in the EPL. And they are doing pretty good in the Championship, so why wouldn't they be back. I would say yes.

I am amazed people from other clubs believe it like me ahah. I live in Portugal, in here only me and a mate follow Leeds , i am going to Emirates to support them against Arsenal ahah.

Well i do believe if we get a better defense we can end up in the top 6 , the problem is, like you said... We are the play off losers, anyway if we get to the play off final this season, it just shows how fast we are getting back to our normal form.

Btw, dont know if its true or not, heard Alan Smith might come in January since B.Johnson is leaving... Also i would love to see Woodgate back aswell... and since they are both losing space in their teams... :P

i think you are currently a mid-top half Championship side but nothing more at the moment. If you were in the PL at the moment with the side you currently have i think you would stuggle. (unless you had Holloway in charge).

Personally I hope Leeds don't come back XD, but in all honesty I do think you will one day make it back into the prem, I don't think you will ever be as big as you were or get into the top 6 but anything can happen in football so you never know..

Hahaha i can see why Aldo xD. Anyway if we get in EPL and in the first 2-3 seasons we manage to survive there, i think we can start to aim to be big again, afterall... if we get promoted money will start to appear again, wich means we can get some decent players and then construct a good solid team for the Premier League....

I can't stand Leeds.

You're inconsistent at times, keep coming into, and dropping out of the play-offs, maybe not this year, but next year you'll be promising.

True mate, the main thing is that you do have a very good and big support, and a big stadium so gate receipts and everything would help out, Just getting to that established prem team again is the difficult part. And I have to admit and be ashamed of this one....

I used to own a leeds top

I can't stand Leeds.

You're inconsistent at times, keep coming into, and dropping out of the play-offs, maybe not this year, but next year you'll be promising.

Let me guess, you cant stand Leeds because you guys (derby) aren't even trying to be big anymore like we are? well my friend, keep the faith.

Let me guess, you cant stand Leeds because you guys (derby) aren't even trying to be big anymore like we are? well my friend, keep the faith.

2-1 at Elland Road, first game of the season?

Better average attendance than you?

& mark my words, will finish above you at the end of the season.

2-1 at Elland Road, first game of the season?

Better average attendance than you?

& mark my words, will finish above you at the end of the season.

God, the haters really had to show up LOL.

Yes 2-1 at Elland Road... In our first game in 2nd division for a while.. You guys have the best attendance, we have the 2nd best... LOL!

Still you are 7th we are 4th and also we have the record attendance this season.... So i couldnt care less if you have more 500-600 fans then us every game

Created this to see if i am the only believer that actually believes Leeds will be BIG once again... After the fall and the league 1 nightmare... we are 4th in championship wich i think it proofs we were NEVER a league 1 team and we have the quality to survive in the EPL. Am i the only one :P?

You were a league one team and you were there on merit.

They can.. But i believe it'll take a lot of work.

When i saw them against Reading & Saw them on TV Vs. Derby, they look very meh.

God, the haters really had to show up LOL.

Yes 2-1 at Elland Road... In our first game in 2nd division for a while.. You guys have the best attendance, we have the 2nd best... LOL!

Still you are 7th we are 4th. So i couldnt care less if you have more 1000 fans then us every game.

Just 5 points behind you, this league is very tight.

and you've still got to come to Pride Park.

I'm not kicking into an argument, just concentrate on your Portuguese 2nd division side.

Back