Leeds United : Our Chairman Ken Bates Continued Stability.

GoldetJr

Reaction score

Leeds United was founded in 1919. Founded out of the Disbandment of the old Leeds City FC, in 1919 Yorkshire Amateurs bought the Leeds Stadium Elland Road, and offered them their place as footballers, to make the new team under the management of a former player in **** Ray to start in the old English League 2.

In May 1920 under Arthur Fairclough Leeds were promoted to football league or the Barclays Premier League as we know it now. For the next 80 years (other than a troublesome double decade in the mid 40 to the mid 60's) Leeds cemented themselves as a leading English Powerhouse.

This story rises from the Ashes of Administration and Begins a trajectory years after our humble Chairman Ken Bates (Pictured above) took hold of the Club, steered it through Administration in 2007, and has begun an financially stable route back to the European Summit.

July

Breaking News from Elland Road, Ken Bates has decided to tip his hand to relative newcomer, and Media Shy Charlatan known by his assigned name back when he used to play in the Leeds Academy as "The Job". With Neil Warnock already donned in a Leeds United wind breaker was shocked to find that after being the front runner for months, he hasn't been offered the job.

Neil Warnock - "
Im Surprised to hear that Mr Bates has decided to give the job to this relative newcomer. Iv heard through circles and some of my contacts that he used to play for Leeds Youth academy back in the early 2000's. His name that will be employed throughout his footballing management tenure is John John, and while obviously that is not his real name we will have to wait and see if this was the right choice. He worked hard after not making in Professionally and completed all his coaching badges and Bates believes this is the time for him to step up and take charge of his first professional job, i wish him luck and will be looking forward to taking his job in the new year when he fails."

With new manger John John, being appointed early this morning he has got to work studiously and more than earning his nickname of "The Job" and has got started on the training ground and managed to get rid of some of the players he considered deadwood, and bring in some young exciting loan singings.

With Chris Heard young and plenty of time to improve he will be first choice right back in place of Lee Peltier and he also brings versatility, being able to play in the centre of the midfield. Sammy Ameobi is also exciting for the club as he brings another youth with high potential to deputise for Varney an Mccormack on the wings.

All Staff will be retained at present to help keep the stability that Ken Bates Requires.

John John has faxed this memo to journalists.

16th July Fox Sports News - Leeds Utd.

John John.​

"The club will be playing a 4-2-3-1 for the time being with an attacking philosophy, with short fluid passing. For the rest of the window i will be focusing on brining in Ademilson deputising for Becchio first season with Adryan planning to be involved for the get go. Im planning on training hard, playing attractive football and hopefully one new Centre Mid who can direct the play.

I want to thank all the media's attention, and support going forward. I shall try to bring success to this storied club.

Kind regards John John.

Last edited:
as a leeds fan u already got a follower in me...please do well with them

I will be following as well, currently in 3rd season with Leeds and in the prem league taking them by storm

I will be following as well, currently in 3rd season with Leeds and in the prem league taking them by storm

Sounds like your doing a good job, im a bit worried about trying to get promoted. keep me updated on how your going.
Got any tips for the first season

Another big Leeds United fan like White Army in me, hope you do well mate and fair play for the kind words of being a good club - Who do you support?

Another big Leeds United fan like White Army in me, hope you do well mate and fair play for the kind words of being a good club - Who do you support?

Cheers for the post, i hope you like the story.

I actually support Newcastle, but ever since Ken Bates took ownership of the whole club after administration in 2007 iv kinda had a soft spot for leeds. He's running the club well, and his vision of getting them back up to the premier league.

following, leeds fan myself and doing leeds save, 2nd season got promoted 1st season
how the heck you afford ademilson first season??

following, leeds fan myself and doing leeds save, 2nd season got promoted 1st season
how the heck you afford ademilson first season??

Congrats on getting up first season, thats definitely my aim, however i think i may have used to much of my finances on getting Ademilson which left my defence a little bit weak.

I forgot / haven't put up my transfers out yet, but i had to sell and loan out a few players and then i just payed the 5.25 for Ademilson over 48 months, and i just could afford it.

Last edited:
i signed nobody first season, didn't think i needed to. Achieved promotion via playoffs
i only signed 2/3 players for the premiership not doing too bad.
keep this updated!

I'm also a Leeds fan but am waiting for the next update until I start a Leeds save to have more updated squad and have the new owners. Good luck!

i signed nobody first season, didn't think i needed to. Achieved promotion via playoffs
i only signed 2/3 players for the premiership not doing too bad.
keep this updated!

Hopefully i can follow your example and get them up.
Will do my best to have a good story going, cheers for reading.

I'm also a Leeds fan but am waiting for the next update until I start a Leeds save to have more updated squad and have the new owners. Good luck!

Cheers Jak, its good to see another loyal leeds fan and thanks for the support. That might have actually made the task a little bit easier waiting for the update and the better finances promised.

Last edited:

With the start of the season fast approaching many will feel that this is the last time all year they will see Elland Road this empty all year. With the squad blending together and some good results in Pre-Season i feel that we have the potential to achieve our first aim of promotion. However with having spent almost all my wages and finances on the Ademilson, he will have to have a superb season.

August

Monday 13th

Morecambe 0 - 3 Leeds FC

OG 13'
Becchio 26'
Varney 45+'

With Becchio leading the line and and a side comprised of mostly seconds string players put out by the mysterious Manager John John, Leeds have managed to come away with a good first Away at Morcambe. The players seemed up for the televised match and disposed of their opponent before the half came to an end.

John John - "i was very happy with that first performance, hopefully we can move continue this into the first game of the season against Birmingham.

Friday 17th

Leeds FC 3 - 0 Birmingham

Becchio 15'
OG 24'
Ademilson 34'

A full strength side was sent out in front of 28,560 white army faithfuls, and once again the team pushed forward on offence early. With Becchio getting his second under his belt he looks to be in a rich vain of form. The pressuring continued with Leeds for the second game in a row pressuring their opponents into an own goal.

Becchio - "John John delivered a calming speech at the start of the game, it really inspired us to take charge, while being extremely relaxed. Im feeling im playing well and hoping i can keep my spot in the side for our away trip to Hull."

Monday 21st

Hull 2 - 0 Leeds FC

John John - "We sent out a full strength side, full of confidence from our victory and managed to hold our own for the first half. But as our legs became weary from all the running in closing down the opposition, we were quickly overrun early in the second half, with a pop from Matty Fryatt in the 47th', with Kisnorbo reserving our luck conceding an own goal late in the piece to seal it for Hull in the 85th'."

Press - "Now you've lost your first game what are your thoughts, your coming up agaisnt a tough side next week at home versus promotion hopefuls Blackburn Rovers. What will your temperament and tactics be?"

John John - "Well look hopefully we can just calm it down, i plan on playing a similar starting line up, but may give Adryan and give Becchio a strike partner in Ademilson for their first starts."

Friday 25th

Leeds FC 2 - 1 Blackburn Rovers

Brown 67'
Nunez 72'

Rhodes started Blackburn in full swing which silenced an army of 26,153 at Elland Road in the 34th Minute.

Brown - "We were feeling feeling a bit down after a bullet from Rhodes. John John gave us a little talking to at half time, told us to calm down and just get hold of the ball.

The Leeds players emerged to a ruptures welcome from the home fans. An equaliser soon followed from Brown, with Nunez clipping what would be the winner 5 minutes later. This sent the home fans into madness, re-creating the Man City fan favourite Poznan dance.

John John - "Nunez placed a suberb strike just wide of the outstretched hand of the longtime Blackburn keeper Paul Robinson. This is our first home victory and a pleasing one for all our fans.

Press - "About what brown said, do you really believe it was your halftime speech that made the difference?"

John John - "Nah looks guys, it was all the players, they fought hard and i just gave them a little nudge in the right direction. Brown inspired the comeback with his equaliser and that set the tone for the rest of the match. 100% credit to the boys."

Tuesday 28th

Leeds FC 2 - 0 Peterborough

Nunez 16' & 85'
The 12,085 strong at Elland Road was bouncing after their victory last game against Rovers. A surprisingly strong side was placed out manager John John.

John John - "I just wanted to keep the moral up, i wanted the best chance to keep team spirit high."

Nùñez struck early to put leeds ahead. Looking comfortable for most of the game until Michael Brown dove into a challenge early in the second half and got himself a red chard on 49'. Leeds hung back and attacked on the counter, looking fragile without their midfielder. Quickly replacing Becchio with a midfielder provided defensive solidarity. Kelvin Wilson went and got himself sent off for Peterborough when they were in the ascendancy. Nunez got his second on the break which sealed the game.

Nùñez - "I just came into the game with a lot of energy. Iv been trying to get myself a place in some of the world cup qualifiers for my home nation Honduras. I feel like this game has given me the confidence to try and get a spot.

Michael Brown gets a two match suspension for his reckless straight red against Peterborough.
No major injuries to report.

Player of the Month.

With 3 goals, including 2 winners Ramon Nùñez rightly gets player of the month.

John John - "Nùñez is on fire, he deserves this well and truly, and i definitely think he should be one of the first on the team sheet for Honduras."

Next Update September Matches and News.

Last edited:
Nice

So are you still using the 4-1-2-1-2, cuz if you are well done! Been playing the last few fm! Massive Leeds fan so always start with them but never had the balls to play this formation! Just had to restart cuz I lost 7 on the bounce n really don't understand how to get my tactics right! Do you have any individual orders?

So are you still using the 4-1-2-1-2, cuz if you are well done! Been playing the last few fm! Massive Leeds fan so always start with them but never had the balls to play this formation! Just had to restart cuz I lost 7 on the bounce n really don't understand how to get my tactics right! Do you have any individual orders?

thanks, yer i am still using the 4-1-2-1-2 that i changed to near the end of my pre season. Im finding tactics are much harder in 2013, many people are finding it that same as you, you cant just plug and play them like fm12 and expect them to be awesome.

i use no shouts, but adjust the tactics depending on who im playing and whether im home or away.

check this out for suggestions of tactics, it helped me out when i started my leeds save.

Last edited:
You've got another follower from a Leeds fan!! hope you get promoted and good to see you have got the best out of Ramon Nunez!

Could you screenshot team instructions? How you use the 4-1-2-1-2 formation. Please