Leeds United : Our Chairman Ken Bates Continued Stability.

Hey all, thanks for following so far, i was just doing some reading and i feel i have done all you leeds fans a massive injustice, it turns out (to my ignorance-i might add) that many of the supporters of Leeds FC have been protesting against Ken Bates and dont like the way he runs the club.

So i just wanted to apologise about the name of the title and when i have said i thought he had done a good job because the more i read the less i think he has actually been good for Leeds. And potentially if someone else had bought the club it could have been run much smoother with more re-investment, and potentially a place in the premier league again. i wish all you fans best of luck under the new owners.

That being said i want to ask all the leeds fans following if they would like me to change the name of the story in order to stop it sounding like im praising a guy alot of the fans dont want / or like anymore especially as a result of the takeover by Dubai's GFH Capital. I want it to sum up all the leeds fans ideas of what makes this club great so if you have any ideas let me know.

I hope the takeover brings great success to such a good and deserving club for all you Whites fans!!!

Note: Iv added some screenshots of friendly results in the second update. Thanks again for your support and update coming in the next day or so.

Last edited:
thanks means a lot...not a lot of people like leeds for some reason...and it upto u if u wanna change the title...i not fussed lol..keep up gd work

thanks means a lot...not a lot of people like leeds for some reason...and it upto u if u wanna change the title...i not fussed lol..keep up gd work

Cheers White Army, i think ill just leave it the same so no one gets confused unless there are ravenous protests ha.;

I thought you were just going for an ironic title?!

And after careful consideration and input from coolmcool,

it is definitely now an ironic title haha.
as it was always intended. ;)

Last edited:

September!

Saturday 1st

Millwall 0 - 2 Leeds FC

Aidan White 39'
Ademilson 86'

After a good start to the season the Whites travel to the Den to take on a Millwall side that are currently sitting in 8th and looking to continue to embarrass local media outlets that predicted a lowly 20th place finish. They have their pride on the line and this is a tough one.

John John - "Awesome, it was awesome, White got a goal in the first half, which i might add is a bit of a collectors piece for his, not looking for him to get forward that far, but it just really shows his quality and then our Brazilian import shined near the end which silenced chants of the 17,044 mainly comprised of lions fans. With just a small allocation of us Whites being allowed access to the Den were sent it raptures with the win being sealing late in the game."

Núñez shines again with an 8.6 match rating and player of the match.

Saturday 15th

Leeds FC 2 - 2 Barnsley

Ademilson 52', 85' (pen).

Elland road was bouncing as the start of the season results showed they were truly a chance for promotion under new manager John John. The 25,728 Whites were quickly stunned as Davies burst down the right on the counter after the ball had been given away cheaply outpacing the goal hero from last game Aidan White who was left for dead and out of position at left back, looking composed the whole way, took a touch when he arrived in the box and slipped the ball to around the penalty spot which saw a steam train like run of an unmarked Marlon Harewood who put the ball swift past Paddy Kenny. And thats how it stayed until halftime and with a first defeat at home on the cards unless they bucked up, John John gave a stern talk on the life as a footballer which inspired a Ademilson equaliser after the break. Harwood once again struck on the 65th, with Ademilson sealing the draw on the 85th with a lucky penalty.

Ademilson - "John John me deu confiança, eu sabia que poderia fazê-lo se eu estava relaxado e ele só me disse para sair e jogar o meu jogo."

Which translates from Portuguese as something like
John John gave me confidence, I knew I could do it if I was relaxed and he just told me to go out and play my game. Seems like google translate has worked its magic because that seems like a reasonable translation. :)

Tuesday 18th

Ipswich 0 - 3 Leeds FC

Jason Pearce 19'
Becchio 29', 74'

John John - "The game started tense 16,444 Tractor Boys screaming at me, they wanted my head i think or my name they didnt like my secrect they thought i was Mourinho on the sly and my players responded early with a thumping header from out Centre Back Pearce. Becchio scored later to give them a double lead. Then soon after the game erupted in the 30th minute after Mark Clattenburg sent off fan favourite Carlos Edwards. This pretty much sealed the end for Ipswich as down to 10, and down by 2 all there resolve looked gone. Becchio nailed them to the wall with a brace on 74.

Press - "A good win that puts you side 4th, so you think you can continue this momentum up the table."

John John - "No doubt, Becchio and Ademilson just cant stop scoring, we will be atop before the end of October."

Becchio man of the match with 2 goals and a 8.9 rating.

Saturday 22nd

Peterborough 1 - 2 Leeds FC

Rodolph Austin 11'
Gary Gardner 74'

7,557 of the Posh were not enough to stop this Leeds machine, as the holding defensive midfielder Austin scored early on 11, with loan singing gardner bossing the midfield and scoring late take the lead and the winner to negate a goal by Chris Brown, THE HIP HOP STAR I THINK NOT...

Gardner - "I love this team, on the way up to see the big boys i think, i even got a goal, loving the Whites."

Adryan gets man of the match with a composed 8.7 and a good display up the pitch.

Tuesday 25th

Leeds FC 2 - 0 Blackpool

Byram 38'
Drury 86'

The 22,271 strong at Elland Road saw a boring game with Blackpool dominating in the middle half of the pitch 39% to 27% for the home fans. The Whites scored two on the break and never looked in danger.

John John - "A good win. Loving it, this is magic, MAYBE i am Mourinho"

Saturday 29th

Leeds FC 1 - 0 Blackpool

Becchio 36'

25,115 Whites watched as Chris Foy
refereed the game in oblivion with foul after foul. A tedious affair. A good win none the less.
John John - "Foy had a shocker, but i don't mind were racing up the table 2nd on the table, with a 3 way tied with Bolton in first and Watford trailing in 3rd on goal difference. "

No suspension this month, players have been good.
Ross McCormack tears his groin in the Barnsley fixture and looks to spend a stint on the side lines around 8 - 10 weeks with a torn groin.

Player of the Month.

With 3 goals, including 2 winners Luciano Becchio picks up a well deserved player of the match.

Becchio - "Esto es increíble, es realmente bueno para ser recompensado por el jefe, que ha hecho un trabajo increíble, y soy sólo la vida amorosa."

In English its something like - This is amazing, it's really good to be rewarded by the boss, who has done an amazing job, and I'm just loving life.

Press - "Becchio's had a good month, averaging around 7.32, any chance you believe he can get a spot in the Argentine side?"

John John - "Hes doing good, but they just have so much talent, i think its probably a long shot, but if he can keep it up, there is always a chance, especially when they havnt been getting Copa America or World Cup results, he is more of a team player, he makes those around him play better and that might get them there."

End Of Month Table.

Next Update October Matches and News.

Last edited: