LUFCSpeni

Reaction score
GRAYSON LEAVES LEEDS
0,,10273~5414354,00.jpg

Today, it has emerged that lifelong Leeds fan Simon Grayson has left Leeds United after his wife was diagnosed with a severe illness. In a statement read out Leeds Chairman Ken Bates, Grayson said “although this was a very hard thing to do, it was the right thing for me. I need to spend time with my wife, and I hope people respect my decision, and support me in my time of need. I wish the new manager luck, and hope he can take this great club back to where it belongs.”
Word around Elland Road is that Simon Grayson handpicked the new manager before he left, and, although the manager has not been approached yet, he is expected to be revealed as manager tomorrow.

Wow. Grayson has left. As a Leeds fan, this deeply disappoints me. I feel that we could have gone up this season, because Simon is a great manager, one I have deep respect for. Its that time of the season, and someone had to be a casualty. This means great opportunities for me, as I need to find a job. Hopefully I can get one in time for the beginning of the season. Although I am a young manager, very much like Mr. Grayson, I feel that my time as a Semi Pro at Boston United helped me gain an understanding of how life off the pitch works. I just hope that I will get a team with some transfer budget, so maybe I can improve what happens on the pitch. Hopefully I can make a legacy as the greatest manager around. Lewis Spencer is the name, remember that. I wonder who the new manager will be. Anyway, whoever it is, remember the YRA, the Yorkshire’s Republican Army. We are going up this season, no doubt about that! Time for bed now.

SHOCK NEW LEEDS MANAGER REVEALED
Wow, what a day it has been. This morning I woke up, and I had a message. It gave me a number to ring. I rang it, and an old voice spoke. “Ken Bates speaking”. I thought this had to be a joke. It took a matter of 10 minutes to iron out details, and I was Leeds manager. He told me to come down for a press conference straight away. 15 hours ago, I was unemployed, looking for jobs. Now I am manager of my boyhood heroes, Leeds United.

TRANSFER TARGETS - SUMMER ‘09
This Leeds squad is good enough to win the league. But I want to make sure of that. That means I have to get players in to bolster my squad. To get players in, I have to sell players. I am looking to sell the following players:
Andy Robinson
Rui Marques
Andy Hughes
Tresor Kandol
Bradley Johnson

Who I will bring in? That is a secret. I know I want a solid Centre Back and another Keeper. I will write back in a months time, and let you know how I am doing.

Any help would be appreciated, I am new to this. Changes on layout etc can help :)

This sounds good, hope you stick with it. I've always had a soft spot for Leeds.
By the way the layout looks great as it is ;)

Cheers mate. I will stick with it, Leeds fan for life :)

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

TRANSFER UPDATE
johnfleck.jpg

John Fleck, days before joining Leeds on loan.

Outs
Andy Robinson - QPR - £150k
Andy Hughes - Notts County - £22k
Rui Marques - Peterborough - £20k
Alan Martin - Crawley - £1k
Tresor Kandol - Salernitana - £55k
Bradley Johnson - Blackpool - £200k
Lubomir Michalik - Ascoli - £65k

Overall, I am very happy with my with these transfers. None of these would be getting many games this season, and I wish them luck elsewhere.

Ins
Ritchie De Laet - Manchester United - Loan
This young defender provides a great asset to the backline. Can play CB or RB, and versatility is something we value at this club.

Chris Basham - Bolton Wanderers - Loan
A young player, and another versatile one. Can be valuable to our midfield this season, and also being able to play defence helps as well in the case of injuries.

John Fleck - Rangers - Loan
Hopefully, our second goal machine with Jermaine Beckford. Here to do what his position is; score. Looking for this lad to fire us to promotion.

Gary Alexander - Mill wall - £75k
Don’t expect him to get too much game time. Looking toward this guy in losing situations. A very good target man who knows where the goal is. Backup player really.

Lee Naylor - Celtic - £700k
Quality in abundance here. First choice LB. Last piece in the puzzle for our defence, and should give some set piece dangers as well.

PRE SEASON RESULTS
Leeds 1-0 Motherwell
Leeds 3-1 GH Academy
Leeds 1-1 Morecombe
Livingston 0-5 Leeds
Guiseley 0-0 Leeds
Farsely 0-2 Leeds
Oxford 1-2 leeds

We won 5 drew 2 lost 0 so it wasn’t a bad start for us. Dissapointed with the Guiseley and Morecombe scores, but elated with the Livingston score. Looking forward to our start of the season now, not long to go.

AUGUST ‘09 FIXTURES
Exeter - H
Bury - A (League Cup)
Wycombe - A
Walsall - A
Tran mere - H
Colchester - H

Good luck mate good read so far keep it up

AUGUST ‘09 RESULTS
Fans.jpg

They still believe we will go up as champs.

Leeds United 3-1 Exeter City (Kisnorbo, Beckford 2)
This match didn’t start off too well. We went one nil down early, with a lucky deflection looping the ball over the head of Ankergren in goal. I wasn’t happy, as we were forcing too many shots. I told the lads to calm down and work the ball into the box. This payed dividends, as Kisnorbo headed us back into the game just before half time. After half time, there was only one team in it. We pounded their goal, with Beckford adding two more goals. The game ended with us on 15 shots, them on 3. A good start to the season, and one to build upon.

Leeds United 2-0 Bury (Beckford, Fleck pen) - League Cup 1st Round
Unsurprisingly, I played the backup team here. We were poor up until half time, when I brought on Beckford and Fleck. They both did the business, scoring a goal each to put away a fairly poor Bury side. Hopefully we can carry on our cup run, as the money could be important for the club. We drew Premier League side Stoke City for the next round, a better test of our ability.

Leeds United 0-1 Wycombe Wanderers
The first loss was always coming. Just I hadn’t hoped it would be this early, and certainly not in this manner. We were awful. We couldn’t create chances, and we were poor in defence. Not a good result, but hopefully we can bounce back from this, and charge up to the top of the league.

Walsall 2-1 Leeds United (Beckford)
And another loss. Again we were poor, and going two nil down inside 20 mins didn’t help. We also lost John Fleck this match. I am not saying anymore on this match. Onwards and upwards!

Leeds United 4-2 Tranmere Rovers (Snodgrass, Fleck, Gradel, Beckford)
This is more like it. We looked more lively than the past two games, and we passed the ball better. We went three up, before letting them back in, at three two, but we eventually wrapped the game up. Hopefully we can push on, and get an unbeaten streak, which could help us get in the top 2.

Stoke City 1-0 Leeds United AET - League Cup 2nd Round
We were so unlucky here. The teams were evenly matched, and it was a very enjoyable game to watch. Unfortunately, we couldn’t find a breakthrough, and Whitehead made us pay in the remaining minutes in Extra Time with a 30 yard thunderbolt. Cant complain here, a great performance.

Colchester United 1-1 Leeds United
Back to the same old bad performances. We were lucky to get a point. No worries though, I will be trying a new formation next month, and hopefully it will bring us success.

Overall, a poor start to the season. Hopefully next month we can bounce back and win all of our games, starting with Darlington in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy, which I believe we can win. The only way is up from here, and I am confident in my players to do that.

Last edited:
Not a great start to the season but I'm sure you can get some form and win the league! :D

Looks great mate ,nice layout ,ill follow this , and good luck

SEPTEMBER ‘09 RESULTS
Jermaine-Beckford-second-goal-celeb-Leeds-v-P_1830286.jpg

Beckford netting his 16th goal in 10 games against Carlisle.

Leeds United 4-1 Darlington (Beckford 2, Becchio, Parker)
Nothing less than a win here would do. I told the lads we need to win, for confidence reasons. They did it in style, a clean sheet would have been ours, had it not been for a late strike as Darlington consolation. My new tactic was evident here, as the goals flowed in, something we had been missing. As we Leeds fans say; Marching on Together!

Southend United 1-1 Leeds United
A very frustrating game. We outplayed them, but could not finish them off. A disappointing draw here, but hopefully not losing is still gaining points over rivals. That said, we have to start winning soon.

Leeds United 4-0 Stockport Country (Beckford 3, Howson)
A much better performance. An early goal boosted confidence, and we battered them, with Stockport only having 1 shot on target, to our 10. Beckford hit a nice hat trick, which keeps his goalscoring magnificent for Leeds. We are relying on him heavily, heaven forbid he gets injured. Lets hope our promotion hopes gather momentum now.

Leeds United 6-0 Gillingham (Beckford 4, Bromby 2)
What a performance from the lads. We absolutely demolished them. I couldn’t have asked for more. The defence was solid, midfield amazing, strikers lethal. The complete team performance. 22 shots to 8. It could have been double digits. Doyle missed a penalty, but that’s the only down side to this game. Lets keep this form going!

MK Dons 1-2 Leeds United (Beckford, Bromby)
Our third win in a row, was a good result but a nervy ending. We went one nil up and was in control. Then things went wrong as we conceded. Thankfully, a Leigh Bromby header sent us on our way to a 3rd win in a row. Leigh is our 2nd top goalscorer with 3, which is a bit of a worry, we need someone helping Jermaine up front. However, as long as we win, who cares who scores? Onto our last game in September, vs. Carlisle United.

Leeds United 4-0 Carlisle United (Beckford 3, Becchio)
Another good performance from the boys in white. Jermaine Beckford getting his 16th goal in just 10 games was amazing, and Becchio adding another put the game our of reach. Another good result, edging us nearer to that top 2. Only down side is that Jonathon Howson got sent off for 2 yellows. Scary enough for the rest of League 1, Jermaine could have 30 goals by Christmas! We are now 3rd, 2 points off 2nd placed Norwich, 5 off table toppers Bristol Rovers. Come on the Leeds! I also claimed manager of the month, go me :)

this is a brilliant story ate nice read and some awesome results mate hopefully see you in the championship stick with this mate..

OCTOBER ‘09 RESULTS
pic.php

Staying at Leeds... for now.

Leeds United 5-0 Charlton (Beckford 4, Doyle)
Wow. 3-0 up in 20 mins. An amazing start, with Beckford getting his 18th league goal, 20th altogether. Again, we had disciplinary problems, with Patrick Kisnorbo getting sent off for a professional foul. I don’t know how he does it, but Beckford made it 4 after a rebound off Becchio’s long range attempt. That’s 21 goals know, simply amazing.

Accrington Stanley 0-2 Leeds United (Fleck, De Laet)
Although the scoreline doesn’t suggest it, we battered them. From start to finish, they had 2 shots, and we played our backups as usual. Fleck got a nice goal, and De Laet with a thumping header sealed the win, moving us onto the next round.

Leeds United 3-1 Norwich City (Bromby, Beckford 2)
We needed the win today to move above a very tough Norwich side. We took the lead around the 30 minute mark, with a Leigh Bromby header flying into the roof of the net. We took a 1-0 lead into half time, although in all honesty it could have been 3 or 4. After half time, the man himself Jermaine Beckford headed in another goal to put us 2 up. Grant Holt put Norwich back in it with a screamer, but Beckford again put us 2 up with a sublime lob from 20 yards. This win takes us top of the league! On to the last game of the month, against Millwall. Not many games this month unfortunately. Beckford takes his tally to 22 this season. Next up, our first televised game this season next. We also drew a home time to Kettering in the FA Cup 1st Round. In a dramatic twist, Simon Grayson is the manager of Charlton. He text me earlier, saying his wife is now feeling better, and she has had a successful operation. Congrats Mrs. Grayson.

Millwall 2-1 Leeds United (Doyle)
A disappointing result. It shows that when Beckford doesn’t play, Leeds don’t play. This loss moves us down to 4th, with a game in hand. We still look favourites to win the league if we keep our form up, so we have no worries just yet. Beckford ended the month on 22 goals, a very impressive tally, with 24 in all competitions.Beckford has been linked to other clubs, namely Newcastle, but has said he is happy at Leeds United at the moment.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

NOVEMBER ‘09 RESULTS
Leeds-Uniteds-Patrick-Kis-008.jpg

Patrick Kisnorbo after sending Leeds top.

Leeds United 2-0 Yeovil (Beckford, Doyle)
A good result, but not a particularly great performance. A goal from Beckford got us on our way, with Doyle adding another. A fairly routine win, sending us 4th in the league, 3 points off top, with a game in hand and far superior goal difference. It is still ours to throw away. We may be even further behind though, as we have 2 cup games coming up next.

Leeds United 2-0 Kettering Town (Fleck, Crowe) FA Cup 1st Round
A routine win here, not much to say really. Fleck with another cup goal, and Crowe popping up with a surprise goal. Kettering had no shots, as we easily move on to the next round. We drew Wrexham.

Shrewsbury 1-3 Leeds United (Fleck, Beckford, McSheffrey) Johnstones Paint Trophy Qtr Final
Another easy win, they scored in the last minute. Hopefully we can get some more league games in soon, I don’t want to fall too far behind. We should reach the real final, as we got Morecombe in the Semi’s, with either Grimsby or Lincoln in the Northern Area Final. Hopefully a Wembley trip will follow.

Swindon Town 2-3 Leeds United (Beckford 2, Doyle)
This was a very poor performance, and we were lucky to get the 3 points. We went 2-0 down in 13 minutes, and Michael Doyle pulled us back. Then our main man, Jermaine Beckford, grabbed 2 goals in 2 minutes to pull us ahead. We held on for the three points. We battled for it, the sign of champions?

Bristol Rovers 0-1 Leeds United (Beckford)
A distinctly average performance from the lads here. Jermaine saved our blushes with a cheeky lob over the keeper. We rode our luck, but pulled through. A very plucky performance. On to the last game of November.

Brighton 1-2 Leeds (Beckford, Kisnorbo)
We made a right mess of this routine win. We were very poor, and went behind early, and faced a constant barrage of Brighton pressure. We managed to break away, and Jermaine put us level at 70 mins. Then, a late goal from CB Patrick Kisnorbo put us ahead, and we held on to win 2-1, and send ourselves top by 2 points to end the month.

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:36 PM ----------

DECEMBER ‘09 RESULTS
0,,10794~3584404,00.jpg

Player of the month December 2009. 41 goals, 31 games.

Leyton Orient 0-3 Leeds United (Beckford 2, Howson)
This was a pleasing victory for me personally, as my friends support Orient. Beckford was back to his clinical self, netting 2, and Howson chipped in with a goal to give us a convincing victory. We had only won by 1 the last 3 games, so to win by this margin was a huge relief.

Wrexham 0-6 Leeds United (Beckford 3, Fleck 2, Kisnorbo) FA Cup 2nd Round
A fairly routine win, I didn’t see the second half as I had urgent family business. The first half we were 3 up, thanks to Beckford getting another hat trick, his 5th of the season. I am elated with the final score, and we now face the prospect of Leicester City in the 3rd Round, which promises to be a great match.

Leeds United 3-0 Oldham Athletic (Beckford, Kilkenny, Fleck)
Another clean sheet here, a very promising sign. We netted three early goals, to which came no reply. The game was wrapped up, so we took our foot off the pedal a bit, and coasted through the rest of the game. Nice to see Fleck getting his first league goal for us as well. We still sit top of the league, and a mouthwatering tie against 2nd placed Huddersfield is next for us.

Leeds United 4-0 Huddersfield Town (Beckford 2, Bromby 2)
Wow. What a result. We now move 4 points clear at the top. Leigh and Jermaine powered us clear, there was no stopping us. We annihilated them, they had 4 shots. If it weren’t for their keeper we could have had 7.

Brentford 3-3 Leeds United (Fleck 2, McSheffrey)
The plus side is we scored 3 against 8th placed Brentford. The worst thing is we conceded three, and it took a last minute penalty to salvage a draw from this game. We want better for the rest of this month. It would be great to be top going into the new year.

Morecombe 2-6 Leeds United (Kilkenny 2, Beckford, McSheffrey, Fleck, Alexander)
A very pleasing result sends us into the final of the northern area. It was also nice to see 5 different scorers out there today, 4 of them forwards. We were 5-0 up after 15 minutes. Total dominance. We face Grimsby Town in the Northern Final.

Leeds United 2-0 Southampton (Beckford, Kisnorbo)
A great result for us here, we really needed these points against a team that will be around the top 2 at the end of the season. Beckford gained us another valuable goal, and another 3 points.

Leeds United 3-0 Hartlepool United (Bromby 2, Kilkenny)
Another routine win for us, keeping our unbeaten streak alive. Leigh Bromby continues his impressive season, notching 2 powerful headers, before Kilkenny added another in injury time to give us another good win.

Stockport County 0-2 Leeds United (Fleck, Beckford)
Easy win here, with Beckford getting his 41st goal of the season, and its not even 2010 yet! Last game of 2009 sees us go 7 points clear of Norwich in 2nd place, looking good so far.

End of year table
4gq1a9.jpg

I dont see the big point in screenies, but tell me what you would like and I will try to add more mate. Anything for a fellow Leeds fan :)

Nice story. Can't believe how well Beckford is doing! Maybe show some screenshots of the team list to see how many goals and assists players have and average ratings, I would definitely like to see that.

Ok, I will add some stuff in the next update which should be coming in the next 30 mins.

Ok thanks, take a look at my story too if you get chance, cheers buddy :)

JANUARY 2010 RESULTS
carroll_andy_intospace480.jpg

Andy Carroll joins on loan from Newcastle.

Leeds United 4-5 Leicester City (Kisnorbo, Fleck, Parker, Howson) FA Cup 3rd Round
Someone tell me how we scored 4 and lost? We were amazing going forward, but woeful going back. Not a good start to 2010. However, knocking 4 past a championship club was great for the club.

Tranmere 0-2 Leeds United (Beckford, Howson)
A very important win for the club. We move 10 points clear, moving us nearer to our target of promotion. We would love to be promoted with 4 or 5 games left, so there is no nervy ending like most clubs have. We have signed Andy Carroll on loan from Newcastle, to provide another out and out goalscorer up front to help out Beckford. We rejected a bid for Snodgrass, when Middlesborough offered Tony McMahon and £550k for him. We wont be selling any important players in January. We are looking at strengthening, not weakening.

Wycombe Wanderers 1-1 Leeds United (Beckford)
We were absolutely awful here. We went one up, then conceded 30 seconds later. The less said about this the better. Good job we had the points gap. Now 8 points clear. Surely we wont go on a bad run? We have also loaned in David Murphy on loan from Birmingham. David can provide cover all down the left flank, which will be an invaluable asset to us.

Exeter City 0-2 Leeds United (Carroll)
A solid performance today from the lads. Andy Carroll getting his first 2 goals for the club, on a rare day that Beckford doesn’t score. Hopefully when he doesn’t score, Carroll will, that’s what he is here for. Another step closer to promotion. Even in January, you need to have your aims set, and that’s what I am doing.

Leeds United 2-2 Grimsby Town (Beckford, McSheffrey )Johnstone’s Paint Trophy N. Final
How we didn’t win this I will never know. We dominated the game, and their keeper was absolutely outstanding. Also, Jermaine Beckford, our key man, got injured for up to 4 weeks, with a fractured arm. Hopefully Carroll can step up and fire us to glory.

Leeds United 2-0 Walsall (Grella, Kilkenny)
A very good win here, showing that we can score without Beckford. Mike Grella gets his first goal of the season, which is very pleasing. He will be seeing some more game time now with both Becchio and Beckford out with injury. I am being linked with both the QPR job and the Portsmouth job. If I got offered the job, I don’t know what I will do, a higher level would be a great opportunity, especially Portsmouth in the Premier League, after the sacking of Avram Grant. We have also sold Max Gradel and Ben Parker, to West Brom and Coventry respectively.

Leeds United 2-0 Colchester United (Doyle, Carroll)
A very good, and important win for us here. This win takes us 12 points clear at the top. Carroll scores again, and Doyle continues chipping in with the goals for us. That wraps up this month, and the transfer window.

League Table 1st February 2010

Player of the month: Jermaine Beckford

Our team stats

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

FEBRUARY 2010 RESULTS
Leeds_celeb_781941.jpg

Wembley bound. Next month, vs Millwall.

Hartlepool United 2-1 Leeds United (de Laet)
As you can tell from the scoreline, we didn’t play very well. We lost 2 goals to a poor Hartlepool side. If we want to go up, this are the games we should be winning comfortably. This allowed Norwich to gain 3 points back on us. We are still 7 points clear, but more of the performances and we will find ourselves losing our lead.

Leyton Orient 0-3 Leeds United (Grella 2, Kilkenny)
A great performance, exactly what we needed after a loss. Mike Grella was phenomenal today, notching 2 goals to add to his tally. I am not renewing his contract as of yet, but a few performances like this could earn him one. On a sour note, Andy Carroll was absent from training. I fined him. No bad influences on my team are going to ruin it for others.

Grimsby Town 0-2 Leeds United (Carroll, McSheffrey) JPT N. Final
A nice easy win sends us through. Carroll got on the score sheet, and apologized to me. Fair play to the lad. Wembley here we come! Bring on the Millwall!

Brighton 2-1 Leeds United (Grella)
Another disappointing performance. Our 2nd loss of the month, and in a disappointing manner. You cant win them all, but I would expect to drop points against top teams, not relegation candidates.

Leeds United 1-0 Oldham Atheltic (Carroll)
Another disappointing game. We were poor throughout, and the team isn’t playing well at all. Carry on like this and we will blow our lead at the top. 3rd placed Huddersfield next, one can only hope we win that. Looks doubtful, we only won this in the 92nd minute…

Huddersfield Town 3-5 Leeds United (Beckford 2, Carroll 2, McSheffrey)
Much, much better. Still, we conceded three, but this team is pushing for promotion as well, so there are not too many worries there. A main positive was all three forwards getting on the score sheet, knocking 5 past the 3rd placed team is a massive plus. We finish February top of the table, 9 points clear of 2nd, 13 points clear of third.

League Table March 1st 2010

Player of the Month: Mike Grella

Squad Stats