Legendary player !!!

Compared to all of you I am new to the Football Manager genre. I started of with ChampMan 07. Dos Santos was then still the best thing since sliced bread. Now I cant say the same anymore. ChampMan 08 had Nelson Valdez from Dortmund that was a cheap buy turning to superstar as well as Matias Fernandez (very cheap), and FM08 had this guy Mika Aaritalo. Was not a real player, and was not in every new game you started. If he was available you could get him for 250k. Turned to World Class status every time.

yes Mika Aaritalo was a very good player on FM 08

I remember Supat Rungratsamee from 03/04 I think, 16 year old from Portsmouth who would always score at a goal a game! Always got tired after a few matches in a row though!

Yeah, Supat was awesome, I bought both Samba and Rungratsamee for Huddersfield before they were both 20 and they were my strike partnership for about 12 years. Both used to bang 'em in left, roght and center.

Compared to all of you I am new to the Football Manager genre. I started of with ChampMan 07. Dos Santos was then still the best thing since sliced bread. Now I cant say the same anymore. ChampMan 08 had Nelson Valdez from Dortmund that was a cheap buy turning to superstar as well as Matias Fernandez (very cheap), and FM08 had this guy Mika Aaritalo. Was not a real player, and was not in every new game you started. If he was available you could get him for 250k. Turned to World Class status every time.[/

Aaritalo is a real footballer. He was at the villa mate. now he's at some finnish side called TPS. He was in the finnish national squad not long ago!
An absolute gem on footy manager tho.

A legend of Champ 01/02 was taribo west because he was free and was class.

Does anyone remember sigurd rushfeldt from 01/02?? he was a striker and i think he was polish. He used to get 20+ goals every season in the premiership.

I use to sign the argentine keeper called leo franco from athletico madrid he was always cheaper but cheaper now i suggest people should check him out he is 30.

mate, sigurd rushfeldt was a mint player. he must b about 35 now. Did u know he went on loan to birmingham in the 90's. long time ago now. dunno if he's still playin or not.

mate, sigurd rushfeldt was a mint player. he must b about 35 now. Did u know he went on loan to birmingham in the 90's. long time ago now. dunno if he's still playin or not.

Seems abit of a waste to go to birmingham.lol

I used to sign him for rushden because they had £7million for some reason.

Guys Guys u bringing back some meomories Im feeling all nostalgic just sat here reading all these players names, the ones that stand out to me are a player from Brazil called Ronald Gomez scored a few, I used to like signing the young french keeper from Inter cant remember his name though!!!! Although not quite a legend I used to love signing Niclas Alexandersson from AAB I think he was just so useful cos he could play everywhere but gk. Do you guys remeber a glitch as well in the oldies where all the european clubs would never renew the contracts of their players so after about 3 seasons you could have your own galacticos I had the likes of Roy Keane, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo (fat one) and SONNY ANDERSON What a LEGEND!!! And finally In my very FIRST champ man i always signed Georgi Kinkladze for Liverpool played him behind Fowler and Owen and what a combination won everything first season.... Such Fun.

In Old CM (i forget which year) I always bought Isaac Okoronkwo from Shakhtar, the best central defender with low price

nakata the one who retired early and thier was j.portillo from real madrid

Guys Guys u bringing back some meomories Im feeling all nostalgic just sat here reading all these players names, the ones that stand out to me are a player from Brazil called Ronald Gomez scored a few, I used to like signing the young french keeper from Inter cant remember his name though!!!! .

Maybe you mentioned Sebastian Frey, he used to be Inter youth GK in 98/99

Crossword thankyou that was it Seb Frey he was a v good keeper back in the day I also used to buy Emile Mpenza and for Championship I signed Ian Moore from Stockport he used to Bang em in the champ but not in the prem so much!!

best player i've ever came across in the series is martin palermo, legend!

strach james the mexican player i used to sign was de la cuesta sory i mean he was colombian thnk hes still paying came across his name the other day,and then in football manager mind players like eddie gaven,freid holm,sivok,nik besagno(spelling),danny sztela whos quite well rated these days in real life doin well for him self,ther was a 16yr old rm colombian cant mind his name,okaka from roma,

Ruslan Nigmatulin was always a must buy for me back in the day. Has nobody mentioned Sergey Kisliy? He was just like Cherno Samba, scored for fun!

I remember finding Morten gamst pedersen and thinkin he was immense. Then he signed for blackburn and i cudnt blieve it. was tellin all my mates at school that he's the best thing since sliced bread!! lol lol.
Kim kallstrom was a legend on the games. and i heard sum1 mention Leon knight, he was class!!
Any1 remember Maxim Tsigalko, Mark kerr, lee chun-soo, Rungratsamee, daniel fredheim holm???
So many class players that will never b forgotten. CM/FM legends !!!

my god yeah mark kerr, i used to buy him when i was united on the old games, he was quality. ive found him on fm 09 and he is total **** now.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

best player i've ever came across in the series is martin palermo, legend!
he is legend on 00-01 or 01-02 cant remember which one, he scored pure goals

Omg

Yeah There is some classics someone needs to make a squad. I remember ibrahim bakayoko before he went to everton was awesome and taribo west and okronwonko. SAMBA was king with julius Agahowa. Robert pires when he was at FC Metz the two litex strikers were awesome. Here is some more.

Freddy Guarin
Jan Kristhansen
Mark Kerr
Supat Rugratsammee
Anthont Vanden Borre and Kompany
Benedict Vilakazi
Lebohang Mokoena
Alexander Farnerud

i always bought mike williamson as well.. i cant remember who for but after about 3 seasons he turned into a quick john terry lol i think he plays for wycombe or someone like that now.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

gerald asamoah was class aswell lol