**** YES. Lev Yashin for 12mil :D Overspent on Dennis Wise though :S Good to get Stuart Pearce though :)

I bet no one new how gd Yashin was till now, glad with Peter S

Schmeichel is obviously quality, but maybe you should research the players that you don't know - you'll learn a thing or two, my footballing knowledge has really improved since creating this database

OP updated, some people really need to tighten the purse strings. Remember that you will end up with a Francis Jeffers if you don't sign at least 16 players + a gaffer

Yep, what a bargain on Yashin, I tried to nick him for 10 mil. Will send tiebreaker now. :)

Just to reiterate what Nixon said really, well done for devoting your time on this, it's a tough, long winded task but you have done it brilliantly :)

Very surprised no-one else bid a large amount for Di Canio, I guess it's an overbid, but his stats looked immense in that screenshot, so I was tempted. Ahh well :) Plenty of time yet!

Ben & Iamauser Tie |Breaker Result

Both bid £17m for Alan Hansen XD Re-bid please

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Very surprised no-one else bid a large amount for Di Canio, I guess it's an overbid, but his stats looked immense in that screenshot, so I was tempted. Ahh well :) Plenty of time yet!

He is good, but he is very close to his PA, whereas the younger guys may have larger PA but are no where near it yet

Tried to play it sneeky in that round and it failed. With the likes of Maradona,Shearer,Pele and Best still to come...who gives a **** :)

Boom, Thuram epitomises the term 'chocolate fridge.'

What a great big massive unit.

Gutted to miss out on two of my boyhood idols in Schmeichel and Pearce.

Last edited:
Ben & Iamauser Tie Breaker Result

Alan Hansen | Liverpool
Winner - Iamauser £19.5m
Runner up - Ben £17.6m

Round 3

Goalkeepers

Jan Jongbloed | FC Amsterdam

Jan Van Beveren | PSV Eindhoven​

Defenders

Frank De Boer | Ajax​

Ronald Koeman | Barcelona​

Jaap Stam | Manchester United

Midfielders

Frank Rijkaard | Ajax

Ruud Gullit | AC Milan

Marc Overmars | Arsenal​

Forwards

Dennis Bergkamp | Arsenal

Johan Cruyff | Ajax

View attachment 134738

Managers

Rinus Michels | Ajax

Deadline : Thursday 7pm​

Bids made, we will all have bid long before Thursday.

All Dutch and quite a few who must have a good PA as the CA isn't the best yet?

Bids made, we will all have bid long before Thursday.

All Dutch and quite a few who must have a good PA as the CA isn't the best yet?

Cruyff? ^^)

Generally the 28+ players will be close to their PA, 23-27 will be some way towards it while the 22 and under players are all some way off it. I did consider letting you all know the CA/PA of each player that you win, but as you may all need to trade along the way, it might have a massive affect if you know too much.

I can let you know if you think it may help? At the end of the day, there will likely need to be some alterations to stats as I'm sure many will disagree with my analysis of some, if not all players

And the deadline of thursday is to allow me to continue making the database. It's still only about 60% complete!

Last edited:
Cruyff? ^^)

Generally the 28+ players will be close to their PA, 23-27 will be some way towards it while the 22 and under players are all some way off it. I did consider letting you all know the CA/PA of each player that you win, but as you may all need to trade along the way, it might have a massive affect if you know too much.

I can let you know if you think it may help? At the end of the day, there will likely need to be some alterations to stats as I'm sure many will disagree with my analysis of some, if not all players

And the deadline of thursday is to allow me to continue making the database. It's still only about 60% complete!

hey, I can wait for the new list as long as we get some results!!!

For me, I think the different ages and PA's make for an interesting auction. It gives you the option to buy a lot of young, future worldbeaters (cruyff, yashin etc) or a team for the first season with older players (ie di canio, ginola) . My preference would be a mix of the two :)

Round 3 Results

Jan Jongbloed | FC Amsterdam
Winner - Ben £8m
Runner up - CalumE5 - £7.1m

Jan Van Beveren | PSV Eindhoven
Winner - Aussie Ochoa £11m
Runner up - Jake £8.5m

Frank De Boer | Ajax
Winner - AussieOchoa £14m
Runner up - none

Ronald Koeman | Barcelona
Winner - Kris £14m
Runner up - Jake £12.4m

Jaap Stam | Manchester United
Winner - Nixon £13.1m
Runner up - Jake £12.4m

Frank Rijkaard | Ajax
Winner - CalumE5 £13.1m
Runner up - Jake £12.4m

Ruud Gullit | AC Milan
Winner - Sam.Mkd £16m
Runner up - Ben £10m

Marc Overmars | Arsenal
Winner - AussieOchoa £11m
Runner up - Nixon £10.1m

Dennis Bergkamp | Arsenal
Winner - AussieOchoa £21m
Runner up - Kris £8.9m

Johan Cruyff | Ajax
Winner - Sam.Mkd £17m
Runner up - Iamauser £11.9m

Rinus Michels | Ajax
Winner - CalumE5 £7.1m
Runner up - Nixon £6.1m

Bargain of the round has to be Cruyff for £17m really - he wasn't voted the best European player of the century for no reason, although it may take a few years for him to reach his potential here. Also, Van Beveren was reasonable - he is the best dutch 'keeper ever (aside from Van Der Sar). CalumE5 got Michels at a good price too, he is a top quality manager.

Overbid of the round goes to AussieOchoa with a massive £21m spent on Bergkamp. He was, of course, a quality player but it's a large amount when you look at the other deals.

Round 4 will be up on Wednesday (A)

Last edited: