fuelledbypassion, when you update the OP, would it be possible to put the player positions next to the players, so it makes it easier for us to keep track of what positions we need? Thanks (A)

Gutted to miss out on the 16 year old Lizarazu :(

Am I the only one that's as excited as the participants about this? :$

Round 5

Goalkeepers

Gordon Banks | Stoke City

Dino Zoff | Juventus​

Defenders

Franz Beckenbauer | Bayern Munich​

Franco Baresi | AC Milan​

Carlos Alberto | Santos​

Midfielders

Michel Platini | Nancy Loraine​

Lothar Mattheus | Bayern Munich

Zico | Flamengo​

Forwards

Romario | Corinthians​

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge | Bayern Munich​

View attachment 135433

Managers

Bill Shankley | Liverpool​

Bids made :) A very difficult one, lots of class young players to choose from!

Bids made. Gutted that Jake beat me to Stoichkov last round, was really looking to get him in my team. And I also overbid slightly for a keeper, especially when 2 of the best ever goalkeepers are available in the round immediately after. So no pressure Michel Preud'homme!

And this auction game is **** good.

Bids made. Gutted that Jake beat me to Stoichkov last round, was really looking to get him in my team. And I also overbid slightly for a keeper, especially when 2 of the best ever goalkeepers are available in the round immediately after. So no pressure Michel Preud'homme!

And this auction game is **** good.

I wouldn't worry, Preud'homme was a very, very good 'keeper (maybe the first to win the Lev Yashin award for best 'keeper at a world cup?). He is more than capable of competing for your no.1 spot, and would make a great sub if you could manage to capture one of the better 'keepers to come in the auction

I wouldn't worry, Preud'homme was a very, very good 'keeper (maybe the first to win the Lev Yashin award for best 'keeper at a world cup?). He is more than capable of competing for your no.1 spot, and would make a great sub if you could manage to capture one of the better 'keepers to come in the auction

I wasn't particularly worried, his stats look pretty beast anyway. And I wiki all the players to have a quick read about them before bidding, so I knew he'd be more than decent!

Boom.

Thuram -------- *Insert Beast CB here* ------ Maldini -------- Lizarazu

Is a rather sexual backline.

Round 5 Results

Gordon Banks | Stoke City
Winner - none oO) seriously wtf?
Runner up - none

Dino Zoff | Juventus
Winner - Ben £10m
Runner up - Nixon £9.1m

Franz Beckenbauer | Bayern Munich
Winner - CalumE5 £16.2m
Runner up - Kris £11m

Franco Baresi | AC Milan
Winner - Nixon £10.1m
Runner up - none oO)

Carlos Alberto | Santos
Winner - CalumE5 £11.2m
Runner up - AussieOchoa £11m

Michel Platini | Nancy Loraine
Winner - Kris £8.5m
Runner up - none oO)

Lothar Mattheus | Bayern Munich
Winner - Jake £14.1m
Runner up - AussieOchoa £12m

Zico | Flamengo
Winner - Ben £14m
Runner up - Jake £11.1m

Romario | Corinthians
Winner - Iamauser £13.1m
Runner up - Kris £13m

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge | Bayern Munich
Winner - Iamauser £8m
Runner up - Ben £7m

Bill Shankly | Liverpool
Winner - Iamauser £9m
Runner up - Ben £8m

Bargain of the round is Kris' purchase of Platini for £8.5m. The man may be a ****, but he was a **** good player in his day. Nixon's deal for Baresi also deserves a mention, and I'm very surprised he was the only bidder there.

No real overbid that round, good bidding there by all including some real sneaky wins. Didn't anybody want the greatest English 'keeper of all time? He'll now go in the draft list for the 1st season.

*Iamauser may no longer bid for Liverpool players/managers as he has filled up his quota of 3 from that team*

Last edited:
so glad i put that .1m on Romario :D

I didn't go for Banks purely for age issues.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Boom.

Thuram -------- *Insert Beast CB here* ------ Maldini -------- Lizarazu​

Is a rather sexual backline.​

Thuram -------- Matthaus------ Maldini -------- Lizarazu​

I just did a *** wee.​