Leicester's new Thai owners aiming high - Fazackerley

jawk3R

Reaction score
Leicester City assistant manager Derek Fazackerley says the club have the full backing of the Thai owners to aim high in the transfer market.
The Foxes have been linked with a host of international players including David Beckham and Robbie Keane.
And Fazackeley told BBC Radio Leicester they intend to carry on thinking big.
"If there is a genuine prospect and a feasible proposition then they [the owners] will look at it and then take if from there," Fazackerley said.
But Fackerley admits it may not be possible to land the sort of superstar signing they want while the club are still in the second tier of English football.
"We have to be realistic with our ambitions," Fazackerley said.
"It is far more difficult to attract players to the Championship than to a Premier League club.
"We have to achieve Premier League status and if we can do that then the type of players we are talking about become that much more accessible."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9311642.stm

Lol, they've been 'linked' with Beckham, but who isn't Sven linked with. Sven seems to think just because he's good mates with someone, they'll drop down the an average Championship team.

Robbie Keane can go into the championship for all I care, he's not much danger anyway, wasn't that successful in the Scottish league, which IMO isn't as good as the Championship.

They need a serious amount of players to sort out that away from they have, I watched them again Ipswich and they were simply poor.

Soon they'll be linked with Heskey, and then they've hit the big time.

Not scared of Leicester. Even if they bring in some big names.

As Bodell said, i watched them Vs. Ipswich (which was lols game), they were terrible.. never got going.

They've got their fans behind them at home, and that's where they'll pick up most of their points, like most teams in this division.

But, teams need to at least grab points away from home here and there.

Robbie Keane did the damage against average scottish teams? never did it agaisnt the best in the league? he would destroy the championship ? you would be stupid not to think that he would be a danger for the full 90 mins ??

We play Leicester on Boxing day, not looking forward to it since they seem to be our bogey team this season. They can be linked with as many players as they want, doesn't matter if none of them want to drop down into the championship

Robbie Keane did the damage against average scottish teams? never did it agaisnt the best in the league? he would destroy the championship ? you would be stupid not to think that he would be a danger for the full 90 mins ??

He wouldn't destroy the championship, the Scottish league has two good teams in it, the rest are average.

If they're willing to buy Robbie Keane from us, then they have my blessing.

Take him and enjoy.

Think they're in talks over Freddie Ljungberg at the minute, really going after those world beaters aren't they lads

accordind to our forum we have been linked with the following players:
Robbie Keane
David Beckham
Michael Owen
Michael Johnson
Stephan Ireland
Roque Santa Cruz

No offence mate, but i could just write on a Reading forum now that we're signing them too.

if sven can just get them playing like the second half against doncaster he dont need to spend any money, play like that with that killer instinct and they would trouble any team in the division, but they are too inconsistant with getting results and how they are playing atm :S
im not one for buying 'names' for the sake of it, but tbh if it gets us wins i wont care :)

but we have loads of cash to spend and you are skint

Well, we're not are we?

We've sold Doyle, Kitson, Hunt, Shorey, Bikey, Sigurdsson and 2 more for £5Million +

So we're not skint, we just don't want to make sure we don't turn out like Portsmouth. We're one of the best ran clubs in England and have a Chairman thats in the top 50 Richest in England..

Still think we're skint?