Lennon hit with six-game ban

Jack Fulham

Reaction score
Celtic boss Neil Lennon has been hit with a six-game touchline suspension from the Scottish Football Association.

The Hoops boss had launched an appeal against his automatic two-match ban and an additional charge of excessive misconduct after being sent to the stands during the game with Hearts on 10th November.

But the SFA disciplinary committee took a very dim view of Lennon's appeal and opted to treble his original penalty.

The Glasgow giants must now cope without their manager in the dugout for six forthcoming matches during what could be a pivotal period in their season.

Celtic are currently top of the SPL with a four-point cushion over rivals Rangers, although the Ibrox outfit do still have two games in hand.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11787_6651809,00.html

I do like Celtic but Neil Lennon is a total moron.

He deserves everything he gets, he has opened his mouth far too often this season.

6 match ban, What games isit he misses ? because theres 4 weeks to the first of 2 old firms, how great would It be to see lenny sitting in the stands at ibrox ! Or isit league only ?

6 match ban, What games isit he misses ? because theres 4 weeks to the first of 2 old firms, how great would It be to see lenny sitting in the stands at ibrox ! Or isit league only ?

League and Scottish Cups i would imagine.

6 games because he was sent off? Here in portugal villas boas was sent off 2 times and he only missed one game!

The games Neil Lennon Misses.

Hamilton
Hibernian
Aberdeen
Hearts
Aberdeen (Cis)
Aberdeen (3 times in 6 games ******* ****!)
And if it doesn’t include cup games then it will be Dundee Utd.

Sadly not the rangers game :( aberdeen will lie down to celtic 3 times as usual most likely.. but hibernian and hearts are tricky fixtures.

6 games because he was sent off? Here in portugal villas boas was sent off 2 times and he only missed one game!

He's criticised the referees all this season for being biased towards Rangers, and referees even went on strike because of him, the fact that he was stupid enough to have appealed against the ban is just outrageous, that is why they have extended it, because they are shocked by the appeal.

A ban that is very deserved in my opinion. Obviously most Celtic fans will disagree.

EDIT: Thats not why he got banned though. His ban was for excessive misconduct in the Hearts game.

And people wonder why Celtic fans accuse the SFA of being biased oO)
The ban conveniantly starts on the 18th instead of today, meaning that he will conveniently miss the Old Firm game.
Six games for a first time offender? what's the offence? being Neil Lennon?
****** joke

The ban conveniantly starts on the 18th instead of today, meaning that he will conveniently miss the Old Firm game.
****** joke

thats **** just cause he has something to do with celtic typical paranoia
in the last year both jim jeffries and john hughes ave had lenthy bans for the same as lennon

Ohh thank god :D woop. And Shay I know you may disagree with this but, Celtic have got away with players playing old firms when they should have been banned for appealing, So its all fair to me. I can't remember the exact incident but I will have a look and tell you if I can :)

****** joke

I must admit, The ban should start on the date of Celtic's next fixture, not a date that has been placed so that he misses the Rangers game. Thats not fair in my opinion. But I am also pleased that he misses the game.

But he does deserve the ban. Maybe not 6 games, but he shouldn't criticise all the time.

Yes, being Neil Lennon doesnt help, he is a bit of a ****.XD

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Anyone remember Jorge Cadete's? If not look him up

There is bias in Scottish football anyone thinking otherwise need look at the facts.

Why can the ban not start immediately?

6 matches is a joke, so if we didnt appeal we would have got away with an offense worth 5/6 matches. Or did we just get an extra 4 because we tried to challenge the SFA's authority? This should have been dealt with months ago!

The SFA couldnt control a under 14's 5-a-side league, there are a disgrace to football
[/FONT]

I must admit, The ban should start on the date of Celtic's next fixture, not a date that has been placed so that he misses the Rangers game. Thats not fair in my opinion. But I am also pleased that he misses the game.

But he does deserve the ban. Maybe not 6 games, but he shouldn't criticise all the time.

Yes, being Neil Lennon doesnt help, he is a bit of a ****.XD

in all fairness though, He wouldn't have suffered the lengthier ban anyway if he wasn't being a ***** and appealed it so really it is his own fault :)

in all fairness though, He wouldn't have suffered the lengthier ban anyway if he wasn't being a ***** and appealed it so really it is his own fault :)
so for disagreeing with the SFA he deserves 4 extra games? the option to appeal is there to be used

so for disagreeing with the SFA he deserves 4 extra games? the option to appeal is there to be used

Yes because his appeal was stupid and wasted the time of the SFA although I do agree they are useless, Its basically a warning to say don't appeal for stupid **** without valid reasons or you will be punished. Basically setting an example. Or everyone just start appealing anything the option to appeal is to be used if it is a wrong decision can you even deny he didn't deserve to be punished in the first place ?

I'm not taking sides I am just comparing. I'll add though, that all that talk about referees is normal here in Portugal, and in the first game he was sent off, in the press conference he whined saying that he was sure that there was a penalty , a clear one, and said that it was a disgrace, bla bla bla, and if the TV station didn't show the images it would be very clear that porto was being robbed (LOL!) . Conclusion, they showed the images and everybody could state that it was not a penalty, but a normal header. All this ended in = 0 matches ban : )

He's criticised the referees all this season for being biased towards Rangers, and referees even went on strike because of him, the fact that he was stupid enough to have appealed against the ban is just outrageous, that is why they have extended it, because they are shocked by the appeal.

A ban that is very deserved in my opinion. Obviously most Celtic fans will disagree.

EDIT: Thats not why he got banned though. His ban was for excessive misconduct in the Hearts game.