Lennon recieves more Death threats

Shay Given

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...-from-loyalist-paramilitaries-86908-22934651/

LOYALIST paramilitaries yesterday made a sinister death threat to Celtic boss Neil Lennon.

A source said last night that Lennon had reacted to verbal abuse from two boys aged nine and 13 after a recent Old Firm match. The chi ldren a re nephews of a senior UDA figure based in north Antrim.

The source said UDA men from Bellshill, Lanarkshire, had been ordered to carry out the operation and had been tailing Lennon, who was sent bullets in the post from Northern Ireland six weeks ago.
He added: "They know his every movement. The boys mean business."

Police in Glasgow said last night: "Any reports of threats received by police will be fully investigated."

What a disgrace
1 - The wee tramps shouldnt have been given abuse (yes if true Lennon should not have responded)
2 - Who do they think they are? There just scum that arent happy that Celtic are doing well and they are hoping to distract Lennon and the team before the OF
3- The UDA are just wannabe gangsters that have no intention of doing anything excluding unsettle our team. The fact that the incident took place over a month ago shows they are just idiots looking for their man in the paper. What sort of real organization hands out tips to the paper that they are going to kill somebody a day before they are going to do it?

Last edited:
I suppose this is all part of the conspiracy theories against Celtic?

LMAO

This is just. wow. Just as you think that the standard of Journalism in this shiter of a country can't go lower, this happens. XD

The Bellshil UDA ? C'mon to ****. This would be funny if it wasn't so ******* tragic, and I refuse to believe for a minute this even happened. No quotes from Lennon or Celtic, and an unnamed source. Comedy gold :D

I was going to post this however decided not to as I thought it may bring in some bigotry so I just left it. I think it may be false but who knows could be true.

LMAO

This is just. wow. Just as you think that the standard of Journalism in this shiter of a country can't go lower, this happens. XD

The Bellshil UDA ? C'mon to ****. This would be funny if it wasn't so ******* tragic, and I refuse to believe for a minute this even happened. No quotes from Lennon or Celtic, and an unnamed source. Comedy gold :D

Don't laugh at the thought of Uda members in belshill mate, I'm not trying to act a hard man or a know it all but there are members of the UVF/UDA/UFF Etc living in glasgow and have meetings and so on throughout glasgow. I won't say further more on the matter but don't mock the fact of it after all Johnny 'Mad Dog' Adair stays in scotland

Politics and religion should have **** all to do with football and it's about time both Rangers and Celtic realised this!

I was going to post this however decided not to as I thought it may bring in some bigotry so I just left it. I think it may be false but who knows could be true.

Don't laugh at the thought of Uda members in belshill mate, I'm not trying to act a hard man or a know it all but there are members of the UVF/UDA/UFF Etc living in glasgow and have meetings and so on throughout glasgow. I won't say further more on the matter but don't mock the fact of it after all Johnny 'Mad Dog' Adair stays in scotland

Either way, I still don't believe this has happened tbh :$

Politics and religion should have **** all to do with football and it's about time both Rangers and Celtic realised this!
its part of football up here it shouldnt be but it is there is no way of getting away from it. Also i dont think it will go away at least in our life time.

LMAO

yes a big paper (Daily Mail) would just decide to put this on there front page without believing it was true oO)

There are members of most groups such as the UDA and the IRA all over the world why not in Glasgow where many Northern Irish men have moved over the years? Did Lennon or Celtic quotes when Paddy, Lennon and McGinn where sent bullet? Im sure Lennon just wants to get on with preparing for tomorrows game.

To be fair its not just in Scotland. Italy have a massive divide because of religion.

Lennon? He died in 1980 get with the times.

OT: Religious lunatics are as bad as any terrorist.

Can someone explain to me please what the UDA are?!

Can someone explain to me please what the UDA are?!

Ulster Defence Association; sure the name gives you an idea of them, Wiki will give you a bit more info :)

yes a big paper (Daily Mail) would just decide to put this on there front page without believing it was true oO)

There are members of most groups such as the UDA and the IRA all over the world why not in Glasgow where many Northern Irish men have moved over the years? Did Lennon or Celtic quotes when Paddy, Lennon and McGinn where sent bullet? Im sure Lennon just wants to get on with preparing for tomorrows game.

Yes, Celtic did give quotes when Lennon Mcginn and Mccourt got sent bullets :) And the Daily Mail has a reputation for spouting pish, as I'm sure you''re aware. :)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...-from-loyalist-paramilitaries-86908-22934651/
3- The UDA are just wannabe gangsters that have no intention of doing anything excluding unsettle our team. The fact that the incident took place over a month ago shows they are just idiots looking for their man in the paper. What sort of real organization hands out tips to the paper that they are going to kill somebody a day before they are going to do it?

We all know their not as gangster as the IRA who kill their own kind and hid bombs on childrens bikes but their hardly wannabe gangsters seeing as they basically run parts of belfast

Anyway on topic Their obviously just trying to scare him and maybe it is just the UDA trying to stir up trouble before the OF but still Lennon has been in the football business long enough to make you think that he would be mature enough to not react to children hurling abuse at him.

Disclaimer: I do not condone death threats. That is all

bunch of idiots who got nothing better going on in their life to take football so seriously

Johnny Adair isn't in the UDA anymore and he lives in scotland because he would be killed if he went back to NI and there have been attempts to kill him in scotland aswell i think

EDIT: i think i may have misunderstood your comment

Last edited:
According to religion we shouldn't be even following football 8)

It's all a load of bollocks this threatening ****. Until Lennon is actually assassinated, then I won't take it seriously.