Lennon unhappy with decisions against Hamilton

prow07

Reaction score
LENNON UNHAPPY WITH OFFICIATING
Bhoys boss unhappy yet again with referee's decisions

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has hit out at referee Willie Collum following his side's 1-1 draw with nine-man Hamilton on Wednesday.

The Bhoys boss felt Simon Mensey's 27th-minute header to open the game should have been disallowed as Martin Canning was offside from Flavio Paixaio's free-kick.

The visitors were then denied a penalty when Niall McGinn went down in the penalty area under pressure from Canning, only for Collum to book the Celtic man for diving.

Celtic were awarded a late spot-kick when Emilio Izaguirre was bundled over by Mensing, allowing Anthony Stokes to level matters from 12 yards out.

DISALLOWED GOAL
The Parkhead outfit thought they had won the game deep into injury-time when Stokes found the back of the net with a header, only for the goal to be disallowed.

Lennon remained relatively calm in his post-match comments, although he starts a six-game touchline ban from the SFA next week.

"As far as their goal is concerned, their guy is offside," he told Sky Sports. "He's in the way of the keeper and he's stepped over the ball.

"As far as I'm concerned Niall McGinn has been brought down for a clear penalty. I wasn't even sure he was going to give the penalty for Emilio in the end.

"So there's a lot of decisions have gone against us once again."

Report and interview here... http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6660381,00.html

The guy moans about everything its getting boring nowoO)

As a Celtic fan I have to say this.

Lennon, STFU. It doesn't matter if Mensing was offside or Flavio was or whomever was. The fact that we still went one-nil down, regardless of the circumstances, is disgraceful for a club of our size.

Mowbray, now Lennon. And people were moaning about Strachan?

Well I was one of the people on the forum an have a big debate about Lennon and his 6 match ban so I'll put my own input into this one aswell.

To start it off I'm going to say I'm fed up hearing about Lennon complaining about referee's why can't he just shut up and let things go.

Ok onto the decisions.

Hamiltons Goal - Yes I agree with Lennon the goal should have been disallowed! However Celtic should never have left it to a 90th minute penalty to be scoring against Hamilton in the first place. - So my advice here would be to stop spending all your time complaining about referees and appealing decisions and more time on the training field Mr Lennon.

Forrest Red Card - Now this once was touch and go same as the Hamilton one which I'll explain my reason for that soon. On another day he would have only got a yellow which I would have probably agreed with, however he still came in late and recklessly just didn't make complete contact with the player. I don't think it was a red card but I don't think it's one the I would totally disagree on aswell.

Mccalister Red card - Now he was on the park for a total on 53 seconds, the ball was in play for 35seconds of that time! all I have to ask is WHY ? Ok this was a red card, but it was still similar to Forrests only difference being he came in from a different angle and completely took the player. But Definite red card.

Mcginn Penalty claim - For me Niall should't have been booked for diving because it wasn't a dive, However I don't beleive it was a penalty either to me it looked like the ball had been knocked to far infront anyway and the ball was going away from goal IMO it wasn't a penalty but on a different day it would have been given.

Mensing red card - Referee making up for allowing the goal ? It was a definite penalty and he had to goal because hes denied a goal scoring opportunity, Personally I think Cerny would have saved it but we will never know. No complaints here about the decision, was a nice one-two from Izaguirre and Ljungberg. No need to speak about the Celtic penalty as it was one.

Disallowed goal - Now my tim friend put this point across to me and I agree with him. Ok first of all the ball went out of play so the decision was correct, (I found it hilarious watching lenny jump about to have Thomo tell him it didn't count XD .) But this was the same linesman who allowed the Hamilton goal, So he can see a ball go out of play but can't see one of the tallest men on the park stand in and offside position (my mates point)

So on the whole the were at least 3 decisions wrongly given against Celtic, but Lennon should just have bit his toungue and got on with it after whats happened in the past week. Hamilton defended really well in this game but Lennons got to learn that no matter how many decisions go against him, He should still be scoring more goals before 90mins ;)

Now thats my unbiased opinion and the truth to me.

My Biased one is.

Mensing was onside I don't know what you mean, Mcginn dived, Forrest practically assaulted the player, Mark Wilson dived when Mccalister went in for a great tackle! Izzaguire dived for that penalty!

Overall I think my opinion of the game is pretty fair, and obviously some other people will have different opinions but most of them will be the same as mine.

Last edited:
watched this game, fair play to accies they did defend really well form golakeeper to strikers, tomas cerny was superb. you notice whenever celtic dont win he always has to find an excuse its never " my players wernt good enough " its always blame the ref or someone else.

fair play to hamilton thats a brilliant point for them, and in fairness to the ref all 3 probably merited red cards, Forrest was late, but because of how football is now the ref had to send him off , Mcallisters tackle was like the henry on gomez one earlier in the season and definetley deserved a red and mensing was last man and the celtic dissalowed goal well done the the linesman the ball clearly went out and swung back in its just lennon cant face it, . celtic just simply wern't good enough its almost as if they run out of ideas.

LENNON JUST NEEDS TO START LOOKING AT HIS TEAM INSTEAD OF TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO BLAME WHENEVER THEY DONT WIN

credit to hamilton :)

Last edited:
watched this game, fair play to accies they did defend really well form golakeeper to strikers, tomas cerny was superb. you notice whenever celtic dont win he always has to find an excuse its never " my players wernt good enough " its always blame the ref or someone else.

fair play to hamilton thats a brilliant point for them, and in fairness to the ref all 3 probably merited red cards, Forrest was late, but because of how football is now the ref had to send him off , Mcallisters tackle was like the henry on gomez one earlier in the season and definetley deserved a red and mensing was last man and the celtic dissalowed goal well done the the linesman the ball clearly went out and swung back in its just lennon cant face it, . celtic just simply wern't good enough its almost as if they run out of ideas.

LENNON JUST NEEDS TO START LOOKING AT HIS TEAM INSTEAD OF TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO BLAME WHENEVER THEY DONT WIN

credit to hamilton :)
Lennon complains even if we do win, it has nothing to do with making excuses, he just wants his team to be fairly treated.

As a Celtic fan I have to say this.

Lennon, STFU. It doesn't matter if Mensing was offside or Flavio was or whomever was. The fact that we still went one-nil down, regardless of the circumstances, is disgraceful for a club of our size.

Mowbray, now Lennon. And people were moaning about Strachan?

The fact is the goal shouldnt have stood, we dont try to mark players when they are offside oO)

@ AldoKemp: fairly unbaised post but McGinn should of had a peno and Forrest wasnt a senting off imo

At the end of the day wee played ****, but still should have one if the linesman was blind in one eye

Last edited:
Lennon is such a moaning ******* is embarressing for Celtic Football Club, i respected him as a player but he hasn't got the mentality to become a manager at the highest level imo.

Forrests tackle was disgusting, hopefully the SFA will take a look at it and add a few more games onto his ban.

Lennon is such a moaning ******* is embarressing for Celtic Football Club, i respected him as a player but he hasn't got the mentality to become a manager at the highest level imo.

Forrests tackle was disgusting, hopefully the SFA will take a look at it and add a few more games onto his ban.
did you see Mccalister Tackle? oO) Forrests was clumsy, your having a laugh if you think he will get games added to his ban (wait we are cfc, he will probably get another 4 games added to it tbh (A))

Forrest's tackle was just about a red card. That's all. No need to go about banning players for any longer, it was just a mistimed tackle. In fact, McAllister's tackle was worse than Forrest's. Do you think McAllister should be banned for eternity then?

Shay - I understand the way you look at it and yes if it was rangers I would have shouted and complained for a penalty (mcginn challenge) That's a kind of biased view there I admit, I just see it as he was going away from the goal and he may have lost control of the ball anyway. But it could have been a penalty on another day yes 100% agree. And My reason is probably a little biased there I admit that.

@Beng - The tackle wasn;t disgusting tbh I don't know where your getting that from, In all fairness he tried to slide in to stop the ball from getting played forward and he only knicked the player, As I said though IMO I wouldn't say it was a wrong decision, But on another day it simply could have only been a yellow, Celtic have appealed the decision - He shouldn't have a few games added onto his ban. 1 match ban would be fair. I wouldn't be unhappy if the appeal got accepted. However I don't think it will be overturned.

As I've said many many times before about Lennon I think he still forgets he's now a manager and no longer a Captain and centre midfielder where he can shout about his opinions without it being looked down on. I do admire him for his passion in the sport although I hate him, I know i'd be the exact same but he does need to learn to cool it. But me and shay had a big debate about all this before and I'm not getting into all that again XD we both said what we have and it's in the past. Funnily another Lennon thing crops up in the next few days XD.

did you see Mccalister Tackle? oO) Forrests was clumsy, your having a laugh if you think he will get games added to his ban (wait we are cfc, he will probably get another 4 games added to it tbh (A))

Actually cringed when seen Forrest flying in mate, all 3 red cards were deserved imo.

Love the big club mentality you've got going on thinking everythings against you, it's just hiding the fact your manager is struggling to keep the clubs standards up, surely you don't enjoy hearing Lennon sound such an **** in Interviews ?

Actually cringed when seen Forrest flying in mate, all 3 red cards were deserved imo.

Love the big club mentality you've got going on thinking everythings against you, it's just hiding the fact your manager is struggling to keep the clubs standards up, surely you don't enjoy hearing Lennon sound such an **** in Interviews ?

Your arguing a losing battle here mate, The tackle wasn't that bad at all he barely even touched the Hamilton player, On a different day he would have got a yellow. But I think yes the red card was just about justified but he won't get anymore games added on and if he does then i'll be really shocked :S

Your making it out to be a leg breaking tackle or something. a big deal out of nothing.

Neil Lennon is still a player at heart. Continuously moaning, if he does not learn his lesson then expect him to get ban after ban.

Your arguing a losing battle here mate, The tackle wasn't that bad at all he barely even touched the Hamilton player, On a different day he would have got a yellow. But I think yes the red card was just about justified but he won't get anymore games added on and if he does then i'll be really shocked :S

Your making it out to be a leg breaking tackle or something. a big deal out of nothing.

Didnt answer the question (K)

Bwahahahaahaha, I no longer care enough to argue about conspiracies, it's hilarious to see Celtic thinking their important enough to be conspired against like this, i nearly ********** when the goal was allowed to stand (K)

P.S, Lennon dancing around on the touchline only for the goal to be disallowed was comdy gold.

Didnt answer the question (K)

The reason I didn't answer the question is because quite frankly I don't care ? I'm a rangers fan and if lennon wants to keep shouting and getting himself banned then Its fine by me.

and I especially enjoyed watching lennon prance around when the scored especially after I was shotued mega abuse at the screen when they had scored the goal !

9te5qp.jpg

Not meaning to offend anyone, but c'mon, it's rather amusing (A)

Edit : Look at the ad boards :)