Let's talk about Tactic Testing for FM21

yea but it should have a star calculator instead all those formulas jesus, thats not user friendly at all xD or maybe im dumb

Let's see if we can make a calculator

That would be nuts, guess how much friendly user you can be more tactics will appear, I believe a lot of people get scared when they see so much work needed to test it, anyway u doing a very nice job.

BTW does someone here uses ratemytatic website, Im using it to set the basic formation, got like 3 or 4 formations that has 5 stars according to that website, but I believe it's not trustable what's ur opinions on that?

That would be nuts, guess how much friendly user you can be more tactics will appear, I believe a lot of people get scared when they see so much work needed to test it, anyway u doing a very nice job.

BTW does someone here uses ratemytatic website, Im using it to set the basic formation, got like 3 or 4 formations that has 5 stars according to that website, but I believe it's not trustable what's ur opinions on that?

I have no idea what that site is, got a link?

Yea that could be nice, maybe you guys could work together or smth and then step that up with more accurate results idk.
Anyway the 5 stars formations that j got there are kinda strange it requires a lot of support and then my players won't score just passing the whole game. So I believe it doesn't work as it should at the moment but I'm not an experienced (yet) fm tactic creator, so I probably missing something

Yea that could be nice, maybe you guys could work together or smth and then step that up with more accurate results idk.
Anyway the 5 stars formations that j got there are kinda strange it requires a lot of support and then my players won't score just passing the whole game. So I believe it doesn't work as it should at the moment but I'm not an experienced (yet) fm tactic creator

We use FMRTE to maximise familiarity, you still need to give your players time to learn your tactic ?

Anyway the 5 stars formations that j got there are kinda strange it requires a lot of support and then my players won't score just passing the whole game. So I believe it doesn't work as it should at the moment but I'm not an experienced (yet) fm tactic creator, so I probably missing something

I sometimes use it to get the formation/roles with the right attack/solidity/support proportions but I don't care about the stars or the tips they give. You can just test all the top tactics there are and you'll notice a reccuring pattern - every top tacitc has at least 12 attack, 14 solidity and 10 support. So I'd say it's useful if you just use it as some form of guidance to get good balance between your roles, but I wouldn't really pay attention to the stars they give.

I sometimes use it to get the formation/roles with the right attack/solidity/support proportions but I don't care about the stars or the tips they give. You can just test all the top tactics there are and you'll notice a reccuring pattern - every top tacitc has at least 12 attack, 14 solidity and 10 support. So I'd say it's useful if you just use it as some form of guidance to get good balance between your roles, but I wouldn't really pay attention to the stars they give.
Thanks for that info Egraam thats the type of answer i was looking for. Im working atm, hope that today later i can test some more tactics, guess i found a new way to play FM lmao hope for good news soon :)

Last edited:
Great job appreciated colleague. It looks good! you put a lot of work into it Liam the results are good.

Egramm thanks for the help! One question tho, what did you do with the transfers? I tried to place an embargo on all the clubs in the game but that didn't seem to work

Egramm thanks for the help! One question tho, what did you do with the transfers? I tried to place an embargo on all the clubs in the game but that didn't seem to work

I have my own database where all clubs over 3000 reputation have a 5 year transfer ban, I can share it somewhere if needed.

Edit: I posted it in downloads forum here, feel free to use it.

Last edited:
This is an extremely silly question, but you are meant to have both teams (CA140 & 165) using the same tactic, and the total of both of their points gives you the the total points "score"

Oh, uh. That might not be intended. Do you have a fresh save @Luigi. ?

I'm trying to start a brand new save but I notice there's only the CA165 team. Between the other 40 teams, who's CA140?

Edited: solved, it magically appeared after I reloaded the game.

Last edited:
This is an extremely silly question, but you are meant to have both teams (CA140 & 165) using the same tactic, and the total of both of their points gives you the the total points "score"

Correct

Q: Will the preset tactics from the game will be tested?

With the new update dropping we intend to restart testing. We won't be restarting for 48 hours though as we want to get automated screenshots and formation filtering in.

Just a thing guys, have been reading 4-3-3 post by Duke, people is telling that it kinda stopped working after a new patch. I think that should be a column with the patch version along with the uploaded tactic.
Also a comment section on the tactics for the forum users would be nice.

Ediot, nvm it already says i never noticed it does xD

Last edited: