LFC Football Manager Money-Ball (FMMB)

So unfortunately I lost all the story text/thoughts the other night due to my laptop restarting in the night, it's a shame cus it was probably imo the best round-up of a post in this story so far, it was well written, engaging at a few points and even had a live draw but oh well you'll have to make do with ss for this one.

lfc.png

7.1.png

Don't remember much of what I wrote but Aouar confirming the win after a good Rafa run and Brewster man of the season so far were some things I remember from this game.

7.2.png

7.3.png

7.4.png

7.5.png

7.6.png

7.7.png

lfc.png

Plenty of awards to start the new year, Firmino and Salah now considered by most the best in the world, Brewster won Golden boy and no less than four LFC players in the TOTY, big year for Maddison who will be gassed that he made the grade.

8.1.png

8.2.png

8.3.png

8.4.png

8.5.png

8.6.png

Last edited:
lfc.png

It was Ousmane Dembele who got another goal against our lads yet again today and he's proving quite the nuisance for us. Firstly Jadon found a good header on from not the best City defending, Brewster scores and then goals right after each other it's too easy for the boys, Hoever found Dragomir to cap off a wonderful move. Foden got one back for the Citizens after Zinchenko was unstoppable by Hoever and Gomez.

Another header from Sancho and Brewster's shot fell to the one place the keeper didn't want it to, Rafa who just come on and looked bright will be thanking the gods for that goal. Right place, right time and he saves us from an unwanted replay.

9.1.png

Salah was fouled in the first half today and Salah takes pens and these days he's the new Mr reliable. The only goal then and not much else to say other than good job.

9.2.png

Overall just a brilliant goal to open the scoring and every thing from Aouar's pass, to Salah's take and assist then the header from Sancho, uh beautiful. Just before HT, some poor defending and the ball bounces and goes all the way through, never had any doubts in his mind did Rhian Brewster.

We almost end the half and Salah just picks up the ball near the halfway line and nobody really closes him down, so with the season he's having he just goes okay then well if you're not gonna close me down I'll just stick it in the top corner; I really don't quite know what Wolves were thinking. Late in the match then Salah fouled in the box, Salah obviously scores the pen and in 25 starts this season for him, that's 17 goals and 15 assists!! Wow!!!?

His form in his last 14, it's amazing 11 and 10 of these 17 and 15 goals and assists came in that time!

9.3.png

A difficult day for me really when you sell your favourite player but he's not playing and you have to take that kind of money while you can.

9.4.png

Great start when Maddison back in the team found VVD from the FK. Rafa came on early for Sancho and a brilliant finish in that top corner, great run from Robertson and Salah connecting with the volley to round off a great team goal. Rafa made it four before the break and then an even better assist for Robbo again for Mo to volley in. Dragomir even got in on the act with our sixth of the day and great determination to get his stretching boot on the end of Matip's header.

9.5.png

Despite another of our many dominating displays this season, now we miss Sancho for 4-5 weeks.

9.6.png

It's easy this manager malarkey isn't it!? These last two big wins where my first since a two week break from the game and 10 goals in 2 not bad. Next time we'll find out in possibly our toughest league game of the season if we can become Invincibles?? Who'd of funk it, yes I am talking about playing the mighty Arsenal.

9.7.png

9.8.png

So even though we're unbeaten still in the league all five games against the super clubs have been at home, honestly we're having an almost perfect season but the hard parts are very much still to come I assume they are. We even played the Toffees at Anfield, there has only been three games so far this season we haven't come out on top in.

9.9.png

Last edited:
I don't usually go over performances halfway through a season well just past halfway now but there's some things that needed to be addressed, first of all Brewster is killing it boy! From the highlighted players, real breakthrough seasons for Dragomir and Hoever as well; I thought it would be a big and potentially good year for Hoever whilst there was more of a hope for Brewster but Vlad really has been shockingly good, better than good. Salah and Aouar have been very important cogs in our Liverpool machine so far as well as the others.
0.1.png0.2.png

lfc.png

December's Goal of the month award...

and the award goes to...

Vlad Dragomir

lfc.png

The aim of the game today was just don't lose, we've got the unbeaten record to maintain and the last thing we want to do is let Arsenal take it off of us. Thankfully we did stop them scoring and limited them to just 3 shots in the game, not a classic and if anyone should have won the game for their side it was Mo Salah; eventually subbed for Firmino just before the 70 mark but the majority of the chances in this game fell to Mo.

1.1.png

The biggest disappointment has to be losing Hoever for 3 months with a broken foot, half a season for Trent playing more in midfield but now he'll have to go back to right back. Just last post I was talking about his big year and now I've jinxed him.

1.2.png

A big game for Bryan Sang, a bit too much too soon at just 17 maybe and he didn't have the best game in the 2-2 against United in CB Cup, hopefully this is a bit better. Not great tbh, we had the chances, hit the post twice and hit with a brilliant finish by Ferhat late in the game!

1.3.png

Without a win in our last two games, going one nil down to Dani Olmo's header I really was fearing the worst. We all know there's great character in this team though and it wasn't long til Rafa made an interception and then gave it to Brewster who unleashed a pile-driver of a shot. Almost a mirrored opposite of the first goal, again poor play from the back from Spurs, Brewster this time intercepts and lays in Rafa who hammers a low pinger powerfully in the bottom right!

1.4.png

It was pretty close first half but Dragomir with an important interception, Salah's in and he makes no mistake with the finish. Robertson made a good run in to the box fouled and Fabinho takes his first of the season from the spot. Wow oh wow, brilliant build up Rafa his usual skilful self cuts it back for Dragomir and he just has a look then picks out the top corner..!

1.5.png

1.6.png

1.7.png

It would be a fair bit of judgement to say we went through a bit of a sticky run in this review, we couldn't find a way past Arsenal in a 0-0 and then we crashed out of the FA Cup to a late winner from the Canaries. Next time in the story we're back with Champions League to cover and first we go Porto to hopefully give us something substantial to take back to Anfield, but the BIG big BIIIIGG focus though really has to be for United away!

1.8.png

Last edited:
lfc.png

Not gonna talk about transfers a whole load, if you want to see who's made big moves here you go. I'm just gonna talk about Abline quickly, actually signed back at the end of October but speed merchant Ashley Vance a first season regen (don't think I've shown his ss yet) not looking quite ready yet so Matthis joins from Rennes. The youngster looks a good finisher and at the very least will offer us a decent option in the air up top.

t1.png

t2.pngt3.pngt4.pngt5.png

t6.png

t7.png

t8.png

lfc.png

So Hendo out for 3 weeks and Salah could potentially play against Porto after receiving injections.

1.6.png

1.7.png

I forgot to save the bl**dy game and actually had to play this game twice, the first time it was 2-1 to us. Batallini made a brilliant run, nobody stopped him but he did really well to score that goal. Big Joe got us back on level terms after Trent's fk hit the post, we thought we'd grabbed a late winner when Bobby very unselfishly found Curtis Jones at the perfect time who just had to score!

Sergio Oliveira then scored a dramatic late equaliser, what a strike but disappointed with our defending and even more disappointed that both players left the goal line after the corner was whipped in. Absolute scenes when Rafa broke away and surely he's going to pass it I said to myself noooooooooooooo.... he shoots, keeper saves but the rebound fails straight to him and at the second bite he finishes with delight. Great stuff!

Writing this in advance but the absolutely scenes really when you think this is a Benfica lad as well who scored the winner!

2.1.png

(ignore this if you do not want to read had to replay again ?)First half was pretty close, Salah wasn't there and Harvey had a few chances. --
The Rhian Brewster show! Brilliant tackle by Fabinho and fellow Brazilian Firmino plays a brilliant ball over the top and you know the rest. I mean Brewster could of even had a hat trick today his spectacular volley ruled out for offside but then he timed his run from such a nicely weighted pass by Curtis Jones. This whole match is just orgasmic moments from watching a dude... sounds so gay **** **** it.

Never mind because I forgot to save and now have to play the game again (roll eyes once again). A new opportunity but the same outcome? Brewster makes it 1-0 after dispossessing Soyuncu and when he breaks away and runs away from the defence like that he just never looks like he's going to miss at times this season! What a find from Harvey and Rafa times the volley perfectly. Leicester get one back from great teamwork and a fantastic finish from Mariano just moments later Harvey got his second assist and Joe his fourth goal of the season.

2.2.png

Three days before game day not the news you want..

2.3.png

This is it, big game day and possibly our biggest of the season away at Old Trafford.. with the unbeaten record at stake. Joe Gomez climbs highest to head home from Salah's whipped fk, COME ON!!! Second goal in as many games. The most unlikely of goals, Victor Lindelof smashes one into the corner just typical aha. A real scrappy one to return our lead and perhaps a return of luck for us when Aouar got something on it but United players eventually turn it in for us, hard to see who got the last touch but the Frenchmen's shot was on target.

An all round terrible goal to concede at 2-2, mistakes all over the shop no idea why Virgil's the player running out from the corner, the keeper as well...

2.4.png

Fantastic free-kick from Trent to open the scoring, one of his best. Dragomir's header was tucked in and first to react to that was Brewster. Good play from Andy Robbo and Brewser's shot falls perfectly for Firmino back in the side who I'm sure is delighted.

2.7.png

2.5.png

2.6.png

Last edited:
lfc.png

Joe Gomez with the sliding tackle from yet another fk, honestly he just can't stop scoring of late and when you dedicated a training session ahead of a big game to att set pieces, it's nice to see it pay off. That's how you stake a claim for a regular starting role! Keita with a thunder-strike, that's what I want to see. No mistake about Sancho's finish and to officially really put the tie to bed. Elliott to Firmino for our fourth goal.

1.1.png

Firmino gave us the lead after Salah's well timed tackle. Tremendous goal for our second today and to wrap things up, we work it brilliantly some of the goals we're scoring wow, they're a sight to behold; Gomez eventually found Sancho.

1.2.png

Just the two wonder-kids to talk about for our intake first up Wyn Gibbins I'm loving the name and he actually looks quite promising. Then we have as promised left back Emmanuel Eze, mentally a bit of a don already but crossing could be better.

1.3.png

1.4.png

Oh my oh my.. oh my what a goal, patient build up and lovely chip from Curtis Jones and then Bobby Firmino catches it absolutely perfect! The analysis and scout report suggested they were vulnerable to an early goal. Matip heads in from Trent's dangerous fk and looks like an absolute giant while doing it. Brewster's fouled in the box and he scores from the spot and then Trent sends a cross in, Brewster gets a toe to it! Gosh, finally Harvey picks up a goal and quite a nice one, good near post finish; he's been missing some sitters the past month.

1.5.png

Incredible stuff, Bournemouth defeat Valencia 3-3 on aggregate and a dramatic penalty shoot-out sees them play the giants that are Liverpool FC in the QFs! Elsewhere big Manchester derby drawn oooo and Arsenal make it 5/8 English sides at this stage, they play Atletico Madrid.

1.6.png

1.7.png

Right so huge game coming up here then.. we don't want to lose on a weekend that could see us lift the title if we win and... United lose at home to Wolves.
.. I mean they lost their last game away to Leicester. So early in Trent sends a brilliant fk over the defence's line and Salah smashes the volley with venom absolute madness! Noo.. but it's offside, oh dear..

Not what you want, a goal behind away and early too with the unthinkable season still possible, Tammy Abraham scored the goal with a dominating and accurate header. The absolute pandemonium of this all is nuts, as I write this Brewster just had two bites of the cherry before eventually Bobby Firmino scrambles it over the line; fantastic save from Kepa before. I'm honestly absolutely loving this right now.. and also hating it at same time as well :\.

Second half concludes then and we look back on Trent costing us the game (conceded a penalty)and Icardi scoring from the pen, the eventual winning goal 2-1 :((.

1.8.png

So our unbeaten run and possible invincible PL trophy in the bin with it but hopefully now that monkeys off our back we can focus on winning 1 or 2 more league games, reaching the next round of the CL, could be Arsenal again... :l haha who knows anyway next is our two games against The Cherries and our last big test in the league, vs City.

1.10.png

lfc.png

March's Goal of the month award...

and the award goes to...

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Last edited:
lfc.png

Oh Virgil, Oh Virgil what a strike, right in the top corner lad you wouldn't believe he's a centre half would you? Keita's on the pitch quite literally a minute and he charges through like a steam train and who has the finish, Naby does! I mean that's what you call a super sub. A job well done it just needs finishing in the second leg now!

2.1.png

What a fantastic ball from TAA, their central defender cleared and he lofted a brilliant ball over the top well who else would it be other than Rhian Brewster. What another brilliant team goal, like training good routine stuff not for the first team this season Sancho eventually puts the ball in haha and Rafaelzinho's assist. Brewster wins yet another pen today and a well needed goal from out of form Salah.

2.2.png

What a perfect way to start win the ball and then have your wingers essentially, switch the ball to each flank resulting in a goal. Some terrible defending and a really poor piece of handling by Alisson, Wilson gets the goal for Bournemouth. Would you believe just 24 seconds in to this half we score, brilliant quick tempo team goal, Robbo crosses to Salah. ..talk about not being ready when the whistle goes lol. What an absolute worldy from Callum Wilson to draw the game level at 2-2 but that's enough to send us through.

2.3.png

Sooo Atletico it is then just like it was irl the last time Lfc played football beating Arsenal on away goals on a night where they lost 4-2 at the Emirates, City also seen off United 4-2 At Old Trafford, 4-3 on aggregate. Also in some dramatic style Napoli also reach the semis at the same time while we played Tuesday night, they scored an extra time 121st Piotr Zielinski winner after the tie finished 2-2 against PSG.

2.4.png

We kept building it up the goal and eventually Salah's cross found Sancho's head. Can't complain too much when a player scores a wonder-goal like that, it always seems to be Bernardo when I play against him on FM n all, he'll do something. How we didn't concede a late 89th min goal is beyond me hits the bar and cleared off the line, crazy stuff!

2.5.png

So we don't end on the best note then but the important thing is we've progressed against Bournemouth and defeated The Magpies. Next time we've got the mawhosieve games against Atletico and you know the drill not many left now so if we make the final, make it two updates to give it the build up; you've got to.

2.6.png

lfc.png

It's a big one for the boys and playing at home first we will want to get off to a good start. Again were told about the early one and the plan comes into action! Salah slides it to Sancho and he finishes! He's becoming pretty importantly lately, Salah almost scoring an opposite 360 bergkamp flick(whatever that is) but hits the post! What a smashing volley by big VVD, Salah's fantastic fk and in off the post!

I mean what a terrible collapse, how we went from conceding a late added time first half goal to Lemar to throwing away the lead I will never know. It's just one of those of days... much like the last game against Atletico irl it just wasn't our day and we really should of won, even after Morata's winner we hit the post yet again!

It seems they remarkably put away virtually every chance while Oblak saves everything, ikr the similarities really are uncanny I couldn't of wished for it to be written any better than this. One thing is for certain it's gonna take one h*ll of a performance in the 2ND leg now!!

3.1.png

I don't know what it is! It just seems when they play us they always end up being the Boss.

And on that bombshell, a bombshell of a song an artist and a match.. another bombshell is I announce the end of this story.. at the end of the season.

Finally we make the breakthrough at the end of the half, Fabinho leapt the highest and Salah for the thousand time from a set piece. Easy one for Bobby to make it two set up by Mo once again! What a goal from Maddison who I sort of chucked on second half to save his Lpool career, Dragomir got a taste of left back but anyway the goal from James looked suspect on the keeper front but a second look shows the sheer power of the strike, classy stuff.

3.2.png

Right so first of all this was really tough to watch, we defended resolutely though and the first goal comes from a really infuriating cheesy FM engine goal!!!!! Ffs seriously the SCORER in the end Correa basically tackles the loose ball and somehow it beats Becker's near post, another terrible mistake for the big man on the big day. Honestly on the goalie it's so nice to have one that makes world class saves it seems every couple of games, I've never had that but if he has one negative it's his costly mistakes in the big games.

To be totally honest with everyone the only possibly way I could do anything against this Atletico side was going full balls to the wall and throwing the kitchen sink and everything else at them!! Brewster found a wonderful cross to Sancho at the back post and heads it in Yesssssss! One more, Allison wonderful save great block by Fabinho, Trent tackles.. good pass from Salah to Sancho.. he's through on goal....

The man of the moment our boy, boy wonder Jadon Sancho puts it bottom corner the only place the keeper ain't getting it! Fantastic ball from Robbo, Brewster's in and fouled by Perez, VAR and penalty! so this is it, Salah will take the kick and i'm about to watch the highlight right now.....

No.... it's not it's Sancho............

He's on his hat trick and the keeper at full reach, tremendous save.... :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ......................

Luckily he's first to the rebound and puts it in the same corner as his second!!!!!!! Our Hero, the absolute beast, what an iconic historic moment this could be for him! The story.. the turn around...... that's it we held on!!!!

the turn around was not just in this match but in Jadon's first season he made a difficult start in the first few months with some ups and some downs but to come back and become the most important player and almost the whole reason we made the Champions League final, wow incredible, what a performance son!!!

Honestly this story my lfc stories, they write themselves sometimes I mean when you have moments of redemption like that and finally I don't think I've mentioned it but now is a good of a time as any, the squad actually had doubts about our ability to cope without Sadio.

I told them that I would sign a replacement even though I already had but in my mind I hoped that sooner rather than later they would see that Sancho could fill the void left by Mane. His first season I mean I'd like to think he has and consistently now he's probably playing better than Mane ever was for me.

3.3.png

Would anyone believe me if I told you that the only training session I arranged before this game was a shot stopping one and Alisson despite his mistake got an 8.5. This might seem big-headed but I honestly think that's the most genius piece of decision making I've ever made as a manager on FM.

3.4.png

3.5.png

3.6.png

So no worries for the boys then as United suffer a shock early kick off defeat at home to Reading. I ain't saying nothing.. as we lost our unbeaten record against deez last season. Incredibly it was that man John Guidetti once again the same goalscorer and breaking hearts in the north west of England for the second year running!

3.7.png

Really we were very poor in the first half today and set pieces a real problem, three down and all of them from set pieces. So nothing to lose really second half and the only time in this save I've really been embarrassed in a game, disappointing but what's this? You seem to have forgot the spirit this side have boss, first Robbo sets up Hendo to smash one in the bottom corner!

Then Salah's long loping fk, finds big Virgil off the bench and sorely missed in the first half. Just over 10 minutes to go now can we get another one? Oh and Pickford flapping like a flappy bird there.. :D. I didn't think it was going to happen and then... what a calamitous moment for Sidibe, he just couldn't clear it terrible goal to concede from an Everton perspective. There was literally less than 90 seconds to go..

This story writes itself... Shades of Istanbul and even though United lost we still came back when it looked like we might of got complacent but no and strangely I hadn't lost every last bit of hope at ht. So Liverpool make it three in a row, they score and concede three, go three nil down and come back with three goals. In a game that gave us reminiscent memories of a great CL final win, the score was three each once more, the number is three but the question is can Liverpool win the CL once more?

Jeeeez I'm out of breath :p. Idk how you feel reading this

3.8.png

Finally after a wait that felt like forever we lift the title yet again this year!

3.10.png

The ultimate up and down episode, I really had lost all hope in the derby sorry no I lied I'd lost all hope in Europe but we're the boys in red and we don't give up without a fight. Because of that I really don't feel any pressure whatsoever going into the final now and for the first time ever, I didn't expect this so if we lose then so be it, I'm just happy to be there.

3.9.png

Last edited:
If you like detail, reading and in depth reactions then this recent update on the save is one for you.

Last edited: