LFC Football Manager Money-Ball (FMMB)

lfc.png

A real nightmare of a start today when Mousset opened the scoring for United. It did take a little while for us to turn things around Curtis Jones was first to the rebound of Joe Gomez's saved header and then Van DIjks volley looked in but Chris Basham's own goal officially.

3.1.png

We maybe should have won by more today but the only goal of the game came from Mohamed Salah dangerous as ever and not the best save from Maignan who made some much better ones in this match.

3.2.png

A brilliant volley to open the scoring from Sadio Mane today and on his second start on his return from injury, brilliant pass by Robbo! We made it two second half, we're a massive threat from set pieces and Pereira's own goal sealed the points.

3.3.png

Leicester just couldn't clear their lines and Mo Salah had the ball fall to him and he was composed with his finish, Fabinho was assisted by Mo for the second and this one an even better finish! 3-0 Robbo finds Bobby Firmino and he scores with his head. Oliver got one back for his side but Liverpool said no you may not have any more.

3.4.png

Can't ask for more than that four away games and four wins, we should be winning. We're starting to pull away at the top and a win at home to United in the next update will go a long way to securing the title early and still unbeaten... keep winning, beat United and the difference in points could be 13.

It wouldn't be arrogant to say that we are absolutely killing it in the league right now and hopefully this will be the case forever

3.5.png

lfc.png

Robertson was at it again with a goal again today and a very accurate finish at the near post, great goal. Burnley equalised quickly and Westwood's brilliant fk was turned in by Caceres. Maddison again with the assist and this time for Firmino from the fk. Salah made it 3-1 from the spot won from another fk. Finally to top it all of Maddison scores an absolute thunderbolt, I reckon his best goal so far and you love to see goals like that one!

4.1.png

The big selection news is that Mane is benched for Jones. Fantastic to see him score first then today, after two poor games from the man he replaced and a bit fortunate but he took it really well. What a cracking finish from TAA for the second goal, the amount of times he's in space just inside the right side of the box and shoots, well it's nice to finally see him scoring a tidy goal from there, we know he has the ability.

Literally from ko, Salah has a certain goal cleared for a corner and then he sets up Bobby to make it 3. Bobby went on to grab his hat trick with assists from Mane and Robertson let the goal-scoring form of Firmino continue. Please!
4.2.png

So not the greatest youth intake but one player who's actually a Model Citizen but could be better and another who's a right back who looks the best right now, probably but we're well stocked at right back.

4.3.png

4.4.png

Brilliant finish from Jordan Henderson set up by Mo Salah to make us favourites to win, nothing like a goal from your captain against your fiercest rivals. Lindelof got one back for the Manchester side and I feared it was going to be a smash and grab sort of day. Liverpool counter attack from the corner and Bobby sets up Salah to score a beautiful volley and hopefully seal the win. It did and that win should seal the title too. Such a great goal to watch and I certainly enjoyed it.

4.5.png

An English QF for Liverpool then and it could be an all English SF for us as well.

4.6.png

4.7.png

It took til extra time and 120 minutes of football not my idea of a fun game right before an international break, eventually it was Mo Salah's pen that had too much power for the keeper in the 118th minute. Oh boy was I grateful he was still on the pitch and we play Arsenal in the semi finals.

4.8.png

4.9.png

So with that massive win against United we go seven points clear with two games in hand, surely the title is once again going to be OURS this year. Find out next time if we can beat Norwich and Reading we really should and of course an all English affair in Europe against the team called Tottenham Hotspurs.

4.10.png

4.11.png

lfc.png

Not the news you want on an International break, the good news is he's been our worst first teamer this season but the bad news is Ox is unlikely to be sold in the summer now. Keita also got injured but won't be for long.

5.1.png

Maddison with another goal today and another from outside the box. Salah then scores a fine goal from outside the box and assists VVD from a fk. Plenty of goals with Mane getting the last before ht and Maddison completed the scoring well not quite his fk come off the Norwich player then deflected in.

5.2.png

So first leg at home and not the start you're looking for really we were pretty unfortunate to concede to Harry Kane's goal, a brilliant piece of skill by Alli to make the goal though. It didn't take long til Bobby was on hand to head home the equaliser from a brilliant Trent cross, then the other full back Robertson found Salah's head to make it 2-1. Bobby even got a third from Salah's corner, who doesn't loving a diving header, a diving cushioned header.. it is Firmino after all.

5.3.png

Honestly a real abysmal display and definitely the worst in the story so far. It seemed we just couldn't find what was needed to score, a solid defensive showing from them so you have to give credit but in hindsight despite Hoever doing okay, Trent not playing made a difference and my subs were poor and didn't change much. The possible invincible season is now thrown out the sodding window.

5.4.png

Perfect start for Liverpool today, Sadio Mane fresh in from his nightmare game last week against Spurs he knocks it on and Bobby assured as usual applies the touch, it wasn't long at all after some shocking defending when Kane levelled the score. Beautiful goal from Firmino, he's really carrying the baton for the side lately and Salah was off injured so it was Elliot's assist

Lucas Moura's header made it 2-2 and I've got to say I was impressed with Spurs, today was a really close game and despite us having more chances it could have gone either way. If it wasn't for a two goal deficit built up in the first leg this may have been tougher. The concerning news is Salah is out for 3-4 weeks and he'll missing both SF games.

5.5.png

5.6.png

Despite the shock of all shock horror losses against Reading then we otherwise did our job five against Norwich, five against Spurs while they only scored three.. the big critical games just keep on coming as we play Arsenal twice in two SFs, next up.

5.7.png

5.8.png

lfc.png

So it did look like we might be playing in back to back FA Cup finals when Robertson was fouled by Bellerin and Fabinho stepped up to score from the spot. Unfortunately Lacazette scored just before ht and Alisson just couldn't get there. To top it off for us Bellerin actually got his own back on Robbo by going round him and scoring the winner! Not a great watch for the Scotsman but we move on.

6.1.png

It looked like an important game that got off to a great start when Firmino put us ahead from Trent's pass. Short lived our celebrations were though and Phil Foden equalised from the free-kick, moments later Aguero made it two in the space of a few minutes. Milner found a brilliant pass to Bobby and he scores again! Man City again took the lead and this time it was Sterling! Fortunate to score from pinball in the box.

Curtis Jones made a real impact straight off the bench and there to secure a hat trick and a very good chance that was taken by Firmino. Ball in the the box from Trent and Curtis's header is only going towards one place in the goal.. honestly it was like Everton in the FA Cup, irl all over again! No better way to sum it up than a real basketball match of a contest CIty then going straight up the other end and Alisson making a class save from Sane's header, my heart was in my mouth when Bernardo missed late on too.

6.2.png

Early start for Liverpool today when Maddison who was fouled stepped up to take the penalty as well our new hero scored. It really was amazing build up play for our second of day, clever cut back from Milner and incredible precision shown by Fabinho to find the near post.

6.3.png

Rafa injured for the rest of the season then after some ups and downs in his first full campaign.

6.4.png

Pretty gutted to concede the first goal at home and Alex Telles with a marvellous free kick, Alisson may however by disappointed not to get more on it. Honestly I was feeling like it was just going to be one of those days but first a brilliant cross from Trent and Mane connecting sweetly with the volley and then Rhian Brewster also off the bench with an accurately dispatched winner of dreams.

6.5.png

I forgot to mention that coming back from a goal behind then and more to the point twice against City really does show what great spirit this team has right now, irl fellow Liverpool fans like myself must see it too and it's always been a quality that we as a club at times have shown abundance of; I struggle to find many better examples in Europe.

6.6.png

It was a disappointment to lose to Arsenal this year in the FA Cup semis but some crucial wins in the league against Watford and most importantly City who at kick off in that match were actually five points behind. We also fought back against Arsenal in the CL and we'll find out in the next update if we can finish the job and reach back to back CL finals.

6.7.png

Last edited:
lfc.png

Brilliant pass by Gini Wijnaldum over the top for Brewster today and the young poacher scores the winner as a sub for the second game in a row. We only really needed one more win for the title and even without some key players out there we got it done!

7.1.png

7.2.png

7.3.png

First of all we played a lot of youngsters today but some who already have plenty of experience and it was a man who had very little well actually none in Liam Millar who opened the scoring from Hoever's cross. Maddison made it two moments later with an expert finish at the keeper's near post. As Liverpool were about to lift the title we headed in to added time and Clucas made things interesting, 2-1 but Brewster made sure of the points when he picked out the top corner with his shot.

7.4.png

Poor defending to kick off a day when we couldn't really afford to do that, Bellerin was in and he made no mistake with the finish. Incredibly Firmino he took the ball from their player and scored the goal I thought we needed in this tie however in the last minute we concede a frustrating set piece from Telles again!

To be totally honestly I really didn't want to play extra time and going in to it I continued to go for it then Smith Rowe found the back of the net! Auba penalty and a second one from Firmino followed. To little to late though and we exit with the Gunners proving to be our semi final curse in 20/21! They go to their first CL final in 15 years..

7.5.png

Fairly quick start today and Hoever's form over two seasons continues to get better, his cross was put away by Jones. Then Jones with a fantastic dribble and cross then great power in the header by Millar, You know Salah's back because he does things like that. Gini's second of the day after that assist from Salah was an even better finish and it's almost got me wondering why hasn't there been more of those this season.

7.6.png

Another one for the youngsters and maybe not quite the right time but hopefully building experience for a one or two future stars. A late winner for Sanchez it was then and not a great day for Liam Millar.

7.7.png

Absolutely tremendous volley from Rhian Brewster to open the scoring and brilliantly found by Keita. Maddison won the header from Salah's corner and Brewtser scored another peach of a strike with his second goal. Joe Lolley got one back for Forest but the man who got the assist, Ray Manaj gave Brewster his hat trick with a terrible back pass and the game finished 4-1.

7.8.png

https://youtu.be/AfHIMPODRFM

7.9.png

Last edited:
It's funny how things work out isn't it? Arsenal almost stole our season.. we beat them twice on penalties in our first three games to win 2 trophies.. but awaiting them at the end of the season is two finals and a fourth placed finish.. I hope they lose both of them! Also not almost they did steal it!

Some stats to bore you with this season mainly comparing the 2 sides. Arsenal have lost 9 league games (7 away), Liverpool are the only side to beat them home and away in the PL. Liverpool are also the only side to beat them away in Europe, Inter (3-0) and PSG (2-0) their toughest (yeah right lol) tests in knockout games before us. They also boast an unbeaten home record in Europe.

a1.png

a2.png

lfc.png

Alisson rightfully takes home the Golden Glove this year and he's been immense this season, 7/11 players in the Team of the Year were Liverpool players. Bukayo Saka takes home the Player and Young Player awards for this season the last player to do that was Bale.

8.1.png

8.2.png

8.3.png

8.4.png

Nice to see Tammy win the Golden Boot and if Firmino had of played our last few games you probably would of seen him make the top three. Maddison also wins Goal of the Season and rightfully so I mean take your pick from a couple. In the end Bournemouth couldn't reach CL qualification and two of the three promoted teams went down, Stoke and Forest along with Aston Villa as well.

8.5.png

8.6.png

8.7.png

Not many shocks in the knockout stages, Barca only managing a 1-0 over two legs against Brugge and RB Leipzig reached the QFs before City knocked them out. Bobby winning Golden Boot in the CL again having also got 9 last season. Just Bobby in the heavily populated Arsenal Dream Team and Leno over Alisson!? Anything can happen over the dips and peaks of a season but perhaps more shocking is finding out Leno has 16 for handling while Becker only has 15!

8.8.png

8.9.png

8.10.png

8.16.png

8.17.png

8.18.png

I guess I spoke too soon, Bournemouth do qualify for the Champions League by beating United in the Europa League final, unlucky United for the second season running. Arsenal did win the CL and all those penalty shoot outs against us most of been good practice for them! Chelsea beat them in the other big final and big Tammy with both goals.

8.11.png

8.12.png

8.13.png

It would definitely be a fair estimation to say that the likes of Salah, Firmino and even Maddison carried us at some important moments of this campaign. Mentions have to go to Trent, Robbo, Hoever, Milner, Fabinho, Jones, Rafa, Brewster and Mane to list a few who all contributed with goals and assists. Delighted with Maddison's first year and I see us transitioning very well right now with more than a few youngsters coming of age.

8.14.png

8.15.png

cj0.pngcj.pngcj3.pngcj2.png

Some screenshots throughout the last half of the season from Curtis Jones, not seen anyone in FM20 working this hard and being as consistent as this in training yet.

First team transfers available : 1
Buy back transfers available : 1
Emergency transfers available : 0

Buy backs transfer options (Harry Wilson 40m, Jakub Ojrzynski 5m, Marko Grujic 45m, Leighton Clarkson 2.5m) (Scott Tricker sold this window 10m)

Wilson unavailable now having joined Leicester this window.

lfc.png

The big signing this summer potentially there could be another one but first off is Houssem Aouar picked up for really quite a cheap price of only £40M, it does help when he wants to leave and only has 2 years left on his deal but this fee represents around half of his value maybe?

9.0.png

9.1.png

Speaking of deals, new ones for Alisson, Millar, Firmino and Kasanwirjo. Back to back 7-0s to begin the CWC group stage and then right as we get just a few days from the final after wins against Spurs and Barca, the latter in Barca go big for Sadio Mane...

9.2.png

9.3.png

9.4.png

9.5.png

9.6.png

9.7.png

My Gamertag for Xbox One is iFeelSadiOhMane so a bit of irony there, honestly I always felt like with two years left for Salah and Bobby too it would be him who left unfortunately. The injury last season didn't help and offering improved deals for all of our front 3 wouldn't be sensible with them all approaching 30.

9.10.png

8.1.png

8.2.png

I guess the plan was to give Mane one more year and go for Sancho who I previously targeted in our first season next year. The most crucial thing in the save for us so far maybe then was beating Atletico 3-0 in the CWC final...

9.11.png

Last edited:
lfc.png

I guess the plan was to give Mane one more year and go for Sancho who I previously targeted in our first season next year. The most crucial thing in the save for us so far maybe then was beating Atletico 3-0 in the CWC final,

9.12.png

...that's our eighth trophy and with it we are awarded another first team transfer! It really couldn't have come at a better time everything's set up Mane leaves on Friday the 9th of July and Sancho signs for the club by 12 midday the next day, Saturday.

9.13.png

9.17.png

Literally all of the senior players at the club have been thinking that I made a mistake letting Sadio go, I guess we'll all find out in the coming season. The Sancho deal beats records previously set by VVD and Maguire, the Mane deal also smashing transfer records for the club and league. I'll discuss Le Fee in the transfers update and Keita was the last player to sign a new deal over these past couple of months.

9.15.png

9.16.png

9.14.png

9.19.png

Last edited:
lfc.png

So four new signings for the reds in June then, Rafealzinho was actually my first choice young lb back in 2020 but in January he became available to buy having been told he would now pass a work permit, very excited about this one.

7.1.png

7.2.png

We already knew about Altenkirch (second choice) and Dominic Parry is another one that goes straight into the u18s, looks decent. Last of all if you were paying attention you would of seen Le Fee went back on loan to Lens for two seasons, maybe good enough to come in now but there's just no for room for him especially with Dragomir back from loan as well. I'm sorry but I do have to say he didn't cost a very large fee :D.

7.3.png

7.4.png

7.5.png

BIG Big BIG money spent in this window and a lot of it in the PL. The biggest three going for a combined total of almost £400M and all left wingers, it was rather frustrating seeing the likes of Camavinga, Brooks, Henrique, Bennacer and Dominguez all moving on to bigger and better things, I had eyes on all of them. Last of all just to mention Klopp having a real shake up at City lots of outs and two huge bits of business adding serious firepower to their side.

7.6.png

7.7.png

7.8.png

7.9.png

7.10.png

7.11.png

A quick mention for Lovren and Milner who weren't listed as free on outs but their experience is sure to be missed.

7.12.png

7.13.png

lfc.png

Quickly discussing pre season, more games than we would of liked with the new tournament format but things really couldn't have gone any better.

1.0.png

The lads out on the pitch really did create so many chances in this one and first half I feared it might cost us, thankfully the match winner Rhian Brewster came on and scored the winner I just wonder if we'll be saying that more and more this season. Keita come off injured early and not the best way to start a season really.

1.1.png

1.2.jpg

Mo Salah opened the scoring with a brilliant run and precise finish today, Yarmolenko got the equaliser when Adam Lewis was beaten at the far post and then subbed off immediately. Ki-Jana Hoever on his first start scored a lovely goal that if you closed your eyes you would of swore was Trent but it wasn't! He was playing in midfield. Jesus Christ what a goal, who needs these big attacking players/trending wonder-kids when you've got Curtis Jones who can hit them like that!

1.3.png

I wanted a four year deal but never the less Salah's got a new contract :)

1.4.png

Tottenham took the lead today and it was our nemesis while playing these Davinson Sanchez from another set piece. We took our time but eventually we got the goal, a deserved one from Brewster him and Jones both could have scored. Trent again just like he did in the CWC causing havoc in the mezzala role he scored the winner and one to make sure! Hoever was injured against Spurs and he'll be missing for a few games.

1.5.png

1.6.png

Rhian Brewster was fouled from a free kick and Salah scored the penalty, to be fair to Brewster he had a quiet game other than that. Salah was involved again for our second when his fk found Gomez and his effort may have been going in off the post anyway but Craig Dawson made sure. Hendo had to go off injured eventually today but not before he wrapped up the points with a statement of a long shot banger, he's telling me he wants to play!

1.7.png

Pretty easy group for us, I mean to say that I'm confident about this one would be an understatement and I'd like to be able to rest a few players.

1.8.png

What a tremendous game of football this game was! First John Stones launching himself the highest to head home and then secondly a brilliant gut busting run from Robetson set up Salah to tap home just before ht.The second half is when things really got going, Dembele kept getting free on the left, his rebound tapped in by Haaland and then Ousmane made it three to our one!

Two very quick goals to start the second half and we looked down and out but first Gini came off the bench and found a brilliant effort from outside the box, goalkeeper no chance. Mo Salah found the big man VVD and he smashed his equalising header home!! That wasn't it Sancho was tripped in added time and Mohamed Salah stepped up to complete the impressive comeback. Slightly less impressive by the fact that we did it by injuring two of theirs and De Bruyne going off meant that they played the last 20 with 10 men, Liverpool's tactics of ultimately kicking the SH** out of them worked in the end and there's a big smile on my face about it :). We played these at home last season and the outcome on the scoreline that day was the same.

1.9.png
https://youtu.be/p4FdEm2ipQ4

No draws, no Ls so that has to go down as a win to start off the season, only negative being we conceded 5 in 4 in our league form. Next time we should pick up another four victories and hopefully still looking on course for title number 3!

1.10.png

Last edited:
lfc.png

It was Demiral who got the first goal of the game today and things went from bad to worse when Palace made it 2-0 from a pretty special Mattheusinho goal. Jadon Sancho got his first goal and a brilliant cross from Brewster. That goal gave us a bit more belief and it was another first for Aouar who scored the dramatic late equaliser and rescue a point!

Rather shocking is the fact that we only had 32% possession with the concluding parts of last season having similar concerns for us, I'm not concerned though because I kind of don't want to dominate the ball with the players we have who can hurt teams when they come forward.

2.1.png

Gouiri actually managed to give Lyon a pretty surprising lead today having said that we did make about 8 changes, Hoever's header found Brewster who scored with a header too. The winner in the end was a Liverpool one and Maddison come on to supply Brewster with another header from the corner.

2.2.png

So Everton seemed pretty content on fouling people early on, I didn't see the Aouar incident in the game so I took no chances and took him off; we got an early one when a foul on Trent resulted in a penalty being scored by Salah.

2.3.png

Next up to sign a new deal is Fabinho and he does deserve one.

2.4.png

Corner whipped in early on and Firmino scores near post. Maddison with another assist and Hoever showed he scores wherever you play him, nice to Jadon at least contribute an assist after a slow start, another for Bobby. Harvey Elliott scored the final goal before Hoever got sent of for a stupid tackle all in one half.!

2.5.png

Overall then a solid start to the league season as United top the table with just the one draw so far. Can the boys keep up this form?

2.6.png

let's all laugh at Everton :LOL::LOL:

2.7.png

lfc.png

We found a lead in the first half today and it was both new boys who were involved, Aouar in the end with the important goal bound touch. Honestly we looked pretty comfortable today and Wolves eventually grabbed an equaliser right at the end, one full back to the other when Doherty found Kolasinac, he then got sent off. It's just one of those days, a game you dominate the other team get one chance and score...

3.1.png

Smashed em.

3.2.png

Salah dangerous as ever then made the breakthrough with a typical skilful run fouled in the box and scores the pen. Trent was set up by Sancho who's really starting to show some form in a Liverpool shirt now, what a rocket by Trent by the way and that's what he could well do in cm long term for LFC. A goal and an assist for Sancho off the bench when Hoever's cross was found by the Englishman.

3.3.png

It was Mo Salah's free-kick that found the towering head of Joe Gomez, his header was a thumping effort. Late on Trent was off the bench and the cut back from Jones left the Scouser the chance to add yet another goal!

3.4.png

We go strong so far in the CL and one more win really, should do it we even play Celtic in our first game coming up.

3.5.png

Late drama against Wolves as we draw away for a second time but other than that we're looking good, clean sheets and six for LASK. Next time we have our first big game well not really but I always want to beat United.

3.6.png

lfc.png

First goal today and another free kick I swear it's all we ever seem to score but it sums us up, Matip's looping header assist by Elliott. Then Brewster made it 2-0, fk and assist from Maddison. Brewster got a second when a quick thinking header left him in to home to volley it. VAR denied him his hat trick by the slimiest of margins.

4.1.png

Incredibly the only goal of the day when we had 67% of the ball and 45 shots to their nought was VVD's famous did he or didn't he mean it moment, some people say he tried to pick out someone at the far post but I say he meant it. Besides did you see anyone at the back post?

4.2.png

A great start for Liverpool today, the youngsters really turned up against Man U first Jones found a nice exchange with Brewster. Then Keita again involved found Harvey at the back stick. They did get one back just before ht and a good strike from DIgne, then second half Rashford couldn't be stopped by Matip and he equalised. Unfortunately the lads lost on penalties in the end.

4.3.png

Honestly we really couldn't of gotten off to a worse start when Eze got on the end of a long ball and applied a quality finish. Rafa helped us get back in to it and big money signing Marca Kana with the eventual own goal for Newcaste. Another own goal to put us ahead but this time it's classed as Salah's, the African then found VVD from the corner. Finally centre half Kipre got the last and only a consolation goal in the end.

4.4.png

So the reds top the table then for the first time in recent weeks but no room for complacency, the big power three of the most successful teams in England lead the way and we all know we've got to keep winning. Again disappointing to go out of the CB for another year but I won't lose sleep over it, it's tight wins in the league which are far more important. Next time there's a big game at Anfield against Chelsea and one more win in Europe means qualification.

4.5.png

4.6.png

lfc.png

So Billy Kometio made basically his first start of the season today, despite playing four games before pre season started in the CWC. He did have a pretty good game as well hitting the post from a fk and Firmino pouncing on the rebound was the only goal. I was anticipating our toughest group game, maybe team selection suggested that with the reasoning that the first game against Celtic was a physical battle despite winning it 3-0.

5.1.png

What a tremendous finish from Salah today, fantastic pass by Aouar and the Egyptian rifled it top corner at the goalie's near post. Our second was an even better finish from the man of the moment Mo Salah, Alonso is getting absolutely nowhere near him! Salah then found Maddison with a great pass and finally Bobby Firmino from the corner making it 4-0.

5.2.png

A silly foul to give away by Jamal Lewis for Norwich and Salah of course scores from 12 yards. Penaltypool hold out in the end but not without some nervy moments second half but we're loving a 1-0 lately with 3/6 in recent games and that's our 3/13 in the league.

5.3.png

Harvey Elliott keeps it alive and finds a cross and met by Jadon, what a fantastic finish and volley; more of that please! That's what we paid the money for. Make that 4/7 of our last games ending 1-0, it's almost like a jinx and a goal worthy of winning any match!

5.4.png

So Rhian Brewster is the latest Liverpool player to sign a new deal then and his measly £6k per week lol was upped to 55k although he wanted a lot more, really nice to see him competing for a shirt with Bobby this campaign.

5.5.png

So predictably we qualify from the group with complete ease and the standings show we did it with one game to spare but actually it was two. The story of the 1-0, 3/4 in this update and a nice 4-0 hammering of Chelsea, next time there's no big games to bring you but stay following because after that one we play United at home in the league and Arsenal at Anfield too!

5.6.png

5.7.png

Last edited:
lfc.png

Brilliant counter attacking play, Salah the architect and Brewster with a brilliant finish, again these two link up Salah's shot is rebounded in by Rhian. Dragomir has really been kicking up a fuss of late about playing more football and no chance for the keeper with his volley today, more goal contributions and he may well get his wish. Another penalty won by Salah and this time Brewster steps up on his hat trick and he gets it! It was only a matter of time before he got one this season and this may well be the game when Rhian Brewster announced himself to the world.

6.1.png

6.2.png

The ball bounces kindly to Dragomir and what another excellent finish from the young man, two goals in as many games for him now. Then the Romanian set up Sancho on his return from injury and it didn't look the best of goals, powerful but gk will be disappointed. Brewster again gets on the score sheet and guess who got the assist for his second? That's right it was Mo again. I honestly have no clue what these are doing, Brewster grabs back to back hat tricks and we're not even in the second half, on performances like this no wonder they're bottom.

Jadon Sancho grabbed number six and their keeper is living his worst nightmare today. Salah helped himself to two more and then set up Dragomir for a brilliant curling effort from outside the box, the pick of the bunch! It really couldn't have gone any worse, even in their nightmares.. idk who's idea it was to let us play Sam Allarydce's Brighton and then Huddersfield but that's my biggest ever win on FM.

6.3.png

What a statement that is, on a night when United lost 3-0 away to Spurs, we win 9-0 and go four points clear! That win equals the joint biggest win in the PL, United beat Ipswich 9-0 in 85 and Leicester beating Southampton this season. We also beat the record for Liverpool's biggest PL win (7-1 against the Saints).

6.4.png

Freekick whipped in by Trent and Joe Gomez is there to head it in. What a pass by Aouar and not the first this season and what a finish by Mo Salah as well! That will do us, thanks very much.

6.5.png

Sancho opened the scoring from Rafaelzinho's assist, then Henderson launched a rocket! Hendo helped himself to a second this one a header and then Hoever score probably the pick of the bunch with a smashing shot! Finally Ashley Vance's first start didn't exactly go to plan and his replacement got on the end of Hoever's cross; Brewster the man of the season so far!

6.6.png

Four points clear now like I said previously. I don't want to jinx it but after we get a few points ahead in this story we don't look catch-able.

6.7.png

I ain't even gonna say nothing. If we do get caught or pull away the next update should determine which way it's gonna go, we play Arsenal and United at home and the Gunners are down to 4th on goal difference but those three have been the leading pack so far.

6.8.png