Life after 19th League Title : A Manchester United Story

KaiRooney

Reaction score
Monday 30th May 2011

Tens of thousands of Manchester United fans gathered to cheer their team on an open-top bus tour to parade the Premier League trophy.

_53064138_012106283-1.jpg

Tuesday 31st May 2011
32953d1264957082t-lgfires-story-templates-skysports.png

Breaking news:

Sir Alex Ferguson Retires

This morning Manchester United fans woke up to find the news that their successful manager Sir Alex Ferguson has left Manchester United and Retired from the beautiful game.

After having clinched their 19th domestic league title and having knocked Liverpool of their perch Sir Alex Ferguson has decided to Retire from Football. It appears that Sir Alex had targeted the 19th League Title and after winning that has called time on his illustrious career with Manchester United.

Press Conference @ Old Trafford
(after various questions on Retirement)

Andy Mitten:
(Journalist)

"Sir Alex, Will You have a say on who will be the Next Manager of Manchester United?"

Sir Alex Ferguson

"Yes,the One to Replace Me as the Manager of Manchester United is currently on a Holiday & will be unveiled to the Media Soon.He is a former Real Madrid & Newcastle United Striker"

(the Press Conference ended with the Journalist starting to Make Stories of Michael Owen being the Next Manager)

Speculation on Next Manager
Sky Bet released these odds of who will be there next manager with Michael Owen topping the list.

Michael Owen 3/2
Jose Mourinho 4/1

David Moyes 8/1
Pep Guardiola 8/1
Mike Phelan 10/1

Wednesday 1st June 2011

32950d1264957082t-lgfires-story-templates-bbc-sports.png

Manchester United Unveil New Manager

After losing Sir Alex to retirement many Manchester United fans were left pondering as to who would be their Next Manager.
The speculation wasn't as intense as thought because Sir Alex had already given the clue as to who would replace him.
The fans were however in for a surprise as the Man Utd board alongwith Sir Alex himself decided that former Newcastle United & Real Madrid Striker
Santiago Munez
was the Right Man for the Job.
Many fans were left Surprised and would have liked to have seen a more decorated manager appointed instead of the relatively unknown Munez.

Last edited:
Monday 6th June 2011

28qpsy.jpg

UEFA in order to maintain a hold on the European franchise have agreed after a Meeting with all the Nations to completely change the Structure of the all the Competitions in Europe from the 2011 -2012 season.
Every Club will now be competing in 6 Competitions further divided 2 Leagues , 2 Knockout Cups , 2 Group & Knockout Cups

The Details of the New Competitions is given Below

1) European Super League System

European Super League 16 teams 4 teams relegated

European Gold League 1 (2 sub-divisions) 2 up 3 down per sub-division

European Gold League 2 (3 sub-divisions) 2 up 4 down per sub-division

European Silver League 1 (6 sub-divisions) 2 up 3 down per sub-division

European Silver League 2 (6 sub-divisions) 3 up 3 down per sub-division

European Silver League 3 (8 sub-divisions) 3 up 4 down per sub-division

European Silver League 4 (8 sub-divisions) 4 up 4 down per sub divisions

European Bronze League 1 (8 sub-divisions) 4 up 4 down per sub divisions

European Bronze League 2 (8 sub-divisions) 4 up 4 down per sub divisions

European Bronze League 3 (8 sub-divisions) 4 up 4 down per sub divisions​

European Bronze League 4 (8 sub-divisions) 4 up no relegation per sub divisions

(30 games overall)

2) National League System

8 teams play each other twice. 2 teams relegated

(14 games overall)

3) UEFA Champions League/ Europa League/ UEFA Cup

a) UEFA Champions League
Top 2 from 16 nations qualify for Group Stages
(same format afterwards)

b) UEFA Europa League
3rd & 4th in the League Qualify for Group Stages
(same CL format afterwards)

c) UEFA Cup
Remaining 4 teams Qualify for Knockout Round
32 teams Qualify for Group Stages

4) National Group & Knockout Cup

8 Teams each from 4 Divisions Qualify for Group Stages

5) European Knockout Cup

All the 8 teams from 32 Nations compete in a Knockout Style Cup
(256 teams 8 Knockout Rounds)

6) National Knockout Cup

8 teams each from 8 Divisions compete in a Knockout Style Cup
(64 teams 6 Knockout Rounds)

(The Orignal Database is a Creation of Psycho 1970 and is Modified by Me)
Link: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/tran...ean-super-league-incororating-super-8s-2.html

Last edited:
Isn't that Munez frol the Goal movies? Brilliant :D Goal was probably my favourite football-related movie!
Keep it up! Followed

Isn't that Munez frol the Goal movies? Brilliant :D Goal was probably my favourite football-related movie!
Keep it up! Followed

Yup mate Santiago Munez is the one from the Goal Movie...really a greaat movie on football...thanks mate.Next Update will probably be tomorrow

Will there be an update soon? Waiting 4 days for an update is a long time, mate.

Will there be an update soon? Waiting 4 days for an update is a long time, mate.

Yes there will be an update today. Thanks for following it.
The reason there werent updates because i was not sure that of people following it.

Tuesday 7th June 2011

( Board meeting early in the morning )

David Gill:

"Good morning Santiago, I have decided to offer you a two year contract at £27000.00 per month. I hope You are OK with it.

Santiago Munez:

"Thats perfect & Thanks a Lot for entrusting me with this Job!"

David Gill:

"The Transfer Budget & Wage Budget you are going to be allocated depends on the Expectation You can Satisfy. So What are your Objectives for the Season ahead?"

Santiago Munez:

"Well the Expectations are quite clear, The Team would be Challenging for the Title in the English Premier League as well as European Super League, as for the Cup Competitions The Team would try to reach the Semi-Final of both the UEFA Champions League & the European Knockout Cup, the Final of the FA cup along with Victory in English League Cup as well as Thrashing Man City to win the FA Community Shield."

David Gill:

"I Like your Confidence Santiago! The Transfer Budget You are allocated is £25m & Wage Budget is £1.55m. Would you like to ask for anything else?"

Santiago Munez:

"No Mr.Gill that would be Perfect."

David Gill:

"Well then Lets head to the Press Room for your 1st Press Conference as Manchester United's Manager."

Santiago Munez:

"Sure Mr.Gill"

Press Conference @ Old Trafford:

David Gill:
"I Would like to Introduce You to the New Man Utd Manager Santiago Munez"

Mark Ogden: (Journalist)

"Mr.Munez, You arrive at the Club as Sir Alex Ferguson departs. Do you feel the pressure of Expectation in replacing the Clubs most Successful Manager?"

Santiago Munez:

"Call Me Santiago not Mr.Munez please,I'm Confident & ready to get to Work, sometimes pressure is a good thing to Work with"

Oliver Holt: (Journalist)

"The Expectation of a team of Man Utd's Stature are enormous. Do you feel that you will be able to continue their tradition of Success?"

Santiago Munez:

"Success is in this Club's blood and the Setup here should allow me to achieve exactly that"

Haley McQueen: (Journalist)

"New Managers often bring about times of upheaval & some of the staff must be fearing for their Jobs. Will there be many changes?"

Santiago Munez:

"Yes there will be Changes & I will get rid of anyone I consider as Deadwood"

Oliver Holt: (Journalist)

"How do you see your Management Style?"

Santiago Munez:

"I think Club's work best when Players feel valued as People as well as Footballers"

Andy Mitten: (Journalist)

"What can we expect from you in the Transfer Market? Will you be looking to Splash the Cash or you are more of a Bargain Hunter?"

Santiago Munez:

"My Preference is to look for Young & Talented Footballers & for that sometimes You are forced to Splash the Cash"

Wayne Veysey: (Journalist)

"What would you say is your Tactical approach to the Game?"

Santiago Munez:

"Football is all about Entertainment & that is What I will Promise to the Supporters"

"That will be it for today, Thanks all for coming"

Last edited:
Yes there will be an update today. Thanks for following it.
The reason there werent updates because i was not sure that of people following it.

That's a horrible feeling, isn't it? You're trying to put a great story out there and you don't get the recognition you deserve.
Just put a few updates out there and if really nobody comments, just put it on hold.
At least I'm following!
Also: try centering the photos. You forgot, sometimes.

Last edited:
Wednesday 8th June 2011

Pre-Season Meeting

I call a Pre-Season Meeting with all my Staff Members to introduce myself & meet the one's I will be closely working with in the next several years.They give thier vews on Training regimes and how things have worked in the past. I explain to them that things are going to change around here.Some of them are not happy with my Arrival & some of them are the one's I consider to be Deadwood.I end the meeting giving the list of the one's who are going to be Sacked.

View attachment 243035

New Staff:

After getting rid of the Staff Members, I decide to bring My Own Team of Staff to Old Trafford. These are the New Staff Members:
View attachment 243036

Transfers:

After going through the Squad and having a Look at the Team Report, I realise that the Squad Sir Alex has built throughout the years is Amazing & that I wont be making drastic changes to it.The 3 signings Sir Alex had confirmed before his Retirement were fantastic as well and there were the 2 young boys returning from Loan.The only problem I encountered was that Dimitar Berbatov was not Happy with Me & that he asked me to allow him to Leave in the Current Transfer Window. I tried to convince him to stay but he had his Heart set on a move to Real Madrid with Mourinho having already declared interest in him.After some thinking I allowed him to Join Madrid for £7m along with them dropping their Interest in Iker Muniain. I also allowed Thomas Kuszczak & Ritchie De Laet to join Sevilla & PSV for £1.2m & £2.2m respectively as they were not going to be involved in my Plans.The Selling of Dimitar Berbatov came as a Blessing in disguise for me as My New Scout Ronaldo found me a Great Striker with a lot of Potential to Improve in Leandro Damiao.The only problem I was facing to sign him was that his club Internacional werent ready to sell him for less than £40m.I desperately wanted him so I asked the Chairman if he could help & to my Surprise the Chairman was ready to help as well.View attachment 243022
I sent Antonio Lopez to Spain to scout Iker Muniain and the report he brought about the Boy's Potential was Fantastic.I didnt want to miss out on him So I decided to send Athletic Bilbao an official bid of £20m paid across 48 months for him.Athelic Bilboa were Happy with that offer & gave me permission to negotiate a Contract with his Agent which I successfully completed in no time. Meanwhile the Chairman Negotiated with Internacional for Leandro Damiao & it was agreed at £53m.Before coming to Man Utd I had a young French Striker named Mbaye Niang in mind & knew that his Contract was going to expire in 6 months, so I sent Luciano D'Onofrio to get me a Report on him.After his positive report about the Boy's Attitude I got him for £275k compensation. I also allowed youngsters Sam Johnstone, Federic Veseli & Recce Brown to Leave on Loan.

Transfers Screenshot

Squad after Transfers

GK: David de Gea, Anders Lindegaard, Ben Amos
RB: Rafael, Chris Smalling
LB: Patrice Evra, Fabio
CB: Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans, Phil Jones
DM: Michael Carrick
CM: Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Tom Cleverly, Anderson
Wingers: Nani, Antonio Valencia, Ji Sung Park, Ashley Young, Iker Muniain
ST: Wayne Rooney, Javier Hernandez, Danny Welbeck, Leandro Damiao
Total Squad Strength: 25 plus Youngsters like Paul Pogba, Federico Macheda, Larnell Cole, Tom Thorpe, Tyler Blackett, Mbaye Niang

Last edited:
That's a horrible feeling, isn't it? You're trying to put a great story out there and you don't get the recognision you deserve.
Just put a few updates out there and if really nobody comments, just put it on hold.
At least I'm following!
Also: try centering the photos. You forgot, sometimes.

Thanks Zyvron for the Encouraging words. Did you like the last updates about the transfers? the Photos are centered in the preview but when i post them it moves to the left.

To all of You Guys who are following...please comment on the story if you like it.

Thanks Zyvron for the Encouraging words. Did you like the last updates about the transfers? the Photos are centered in the preview but when i post them it moves to the left.

I do quite enjoy reading your story! It actually holds my interest.
It's just sad that FM-Base is ******** you over with your photos/images. Try to edit as many times as needed until the photos are finally centered.
You are quite the big money spender for transfers, 53m for Leandro? That's nuts!
Keep it up! It would be sad if this story would just be forgotten.

as a fellow united manager its always interesting to read what over players do, keep up the good work!

I do quite enjoy reading your story! It actually holds my interest.
It's just sad that FM-Base is ******** you over with your photos/images. Try to edit as many times as needed until the photos are finally centered.
You are quite the big money spender for transfers, 53m for Leandro? That's nuts!
Keep it up! It would be sad if this story would just be forgotten.

Thanks for appreciating mate...on the Leandro Damiao transfer i actually didnt spend big i just asked the board to get him for me and they negotiated this deal so not my fault actually

Tactics

So these are the Tactics I will be using for the Season ahead.

1) Attacking 4-5-1 To be used @ Home

View attachment 243460

2) Control 4-4-2 To be used Away & against Tough Teams @ Home

View attachment 243461

3) 4-2-3-1 To be used both Home & Away

View attachment 243462

(Note: The Squad is Hidden because it is the Squad of 2013-2014 Season but the Tactics used are the Same)

Pre-Season Review

View attachment 243237

We played 4 games in the Pre-Season. Had decent results in Pre-Season with the best game being the game against Leverkusen where we Won with a Winner in the 92nd minute from Wayne Rooney.

Here are the Details of Pre-Season

1) Home against Man Utd Reserves Result: Won 7-0
Goal Scorers: Welbeck x2, Cleverley, Fabio, Owen x2, Anderson

2) Away against Braga Result: Draw 2-2
Goal Scorers: Cleverley, Nani

3) Away against Antwerp Result: Won 1-5
Goal Scorers: Jones, Nani x2, Hernandez, Welbeck

4) Home against Leverkusen Result: Won 1-0

Goal Scorers: Rooney

Last edited:
thats a lot of money and probably the main reason i never ask the board to sign players for me because they aint got a clue lol.

Okay, this one must have been REALLY rushed out, didn't it? Just center everything or put it left (this is probably easier for you as you're having problems with the pictures).
Your layout still needs some pimping: try a fancy font, put things in bold/italic, some more fancy colours or don't use any at all?
Also: 3 out of the 4 pictures don't work, at the moment.

Okay, this one must have been REALLY rushed out, didn't it? Just center everything or put it left (this is probably easier for you as you're having problems with the pictures).
Your layout still needs some pimping: try a fancy font, put things in bold/italic, some more fancy colours or don't use any at all?
Also: 3 out of the 4 pictures don't work, at the moment.

What rushed out ? the last update? yes it was a bit rushed out but i think all the images work...you just have to click on them ie.on the attachment and it will work in another tab.how was the last update ? thanks for following

edit: RE Edited the last post a bit better mate? the images are changed from png to jpeg and the font has been changed as well.
Thanks for your inputs zyvron

Last edited: