View attachment 50278View attachment 50277View attachment 50276View attachment 50275View attachment 50274View attachment 50273

Its working relatively well for me. Given the team I am playing as and the media prediction for my first season in the Belorussian highest league.

In the 'Second' division (My first season) I took over with 15 played and 6 points off promotion and won the league by 5 points. Granted I am sixth this season but was predicted 12th and I am within reach of a continental place depending on results.

It truly is a lifechanger, almost got sacked for the 1st time in all the FM's I played, it performed really bad for me as Torino unfortunaly :(

View attachment 1164658

you defo doing something wrong. have you looked at why its going wrong or not?...i will post some screenshots and you'll see that this tactic really is a lifechanger...currently 2nd in the Prem with Colchester in my 1st season in the prem...was in league 2 to start of and dominated every league to the prem

you defo doing something wrong. have you looked at why its going wrong or not?...i will post some screenshots and you'll see that this tactic really is a lifechanger...currently 2nd in the Prem with Colchester in my 1st season in the prem...was in league 2 to start of and dominated every league to the prem

I started with the lowest coaching rep maybe that is the mistake? But I'm sure I'm not doing anything wrong mate, I have a habit of reading extensively all the pages of a thread to gather information and then to act accordingly to that said information, also you can have an idea of why I said that after all these years on FM this is the first time I got sacked, I can try with another team though

I started with the lowest coaching rep maybe that is the mistake? But I'm sure I'm not doing anything wrong mate, I have a habit of reading extensively all the pages of a thread to gather information and then to act accordingly to that said information, also you can have an idea of why I said that after all these years on FM this is the first time I got sacked, I can try with another team though

if you aint a strong team, change your DM to defensive midfielder and not ball winning and change your full backs to wing back (stay wider player instruction) and not complete full back

also you can use pass shorter in team instructions for away games

Anyone else giving away a ridiculous amount of pens? my team have given away 6 in 3 games (3 in one game)!

oh i forgot! opposition instructions! important to tight your defence up

LB, LWB, ML, AML (show on right foot)
RB, RWB, MR, AMR (show on left foot)

oh i forgot! opposition instructions! important to tight your defence up

LB, LWB, ML, AML (show on right foot)
RB, RWB, MR, AMR (show on left foot)

Does the mentality always stay the same? The approach is the same for all teams or is it different depending on the opponent?

In my 3rd season with Fiorentina and using a similar formation but struggling to get chances on target and score goals. Used this one, and 4-0 away to Cesena. Players still working on familiarity with it so I'm looking forward as to how this works out for me :)

P.S. I know that you tweaked another persons formation (thanks to him too) but I went with yours due to not having Complete Wing Backs in my team.

Hello, since many congratulations for the tactic, I only have difficulties in finding players for the possitions of the same ... could you give me filters or say how to do it? Thank you.

Does the mentality always stay the same? The approach is the same for all teams or is it different depending on the opponent?

yes, i have never changed it. once i tried it early on against chelsea, and it seemed to change everything and i lost heavy, so after that always kept it on attacking

View attachment 49653
8 games in, 7 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses. Scored 24 goals! Only after 8 games have my team finally become familiar with the tactic so I can't wait to see the results when I switch the match prep to attacking movement (H)

That last game 4-2 win over Torino away is what sealed this tactic for me going forward. 1-1 and down to 10 men after my RB was sent off after 26 minutes. Took off the striker (Simeone) and ended up taking the game to them and winning 4-2. Torino are no pushovers (currently 5th and beat me in the Italian Cup Final last season :'() so to win 4-2 after going down to 10 men so early is incredible. Loving this tactic!

p.s. only change I made to the tactic was to change the DM or BWM position behind the 2 mezzala's to a DLP as it fit better with the players I had. So far, so good.

Last edited:
View attachment 1165429
8 games in, 7 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses. Scored 24 goals! Only after 8 games have my team finally become familiar with the tactic so I can't wait to see the results when I switch the match prep to attacking movement (H)

That last game 4-2 win over Torino away is what sealed this tactic for me going forward. 1-1 and down to 10 men after my RB was sent off after 26 minutes. Took off the striker (Simeone) and ended up taking the game to them and winning 4-2. Torino are no pushovers (currently 5th and beat me in the Italian Cup Final last season :'() so to win 4-2 after going down to 10 men so early is incredible. Loving this tactic!

p.s. only change I made to the tactic was to change the DM or BWM position behind the 2 mezzala's to a DLP as it fit better with the players I had. So far, so good.

what training you do mate

what training you do mate

I went with this tactic during the season so i put match preparation on MATCH TACTICS for the full 3 day schedule you're alloted. This way the players learn the tactic faster. GENERAL TRAINING i left on attacking. Now my players are familiar with the schedule i changed the MATCH TACTICS to attacking movement and decreased the schedule intensity down to 2 days. I left the GENERAL TRAINING on attacking but will probably change it to balanced eventually.
As for player individual training, I just train each player in the position I have them playing in the formation. A lot of them are only 'competent' in the role they play so I want them to improve in their respective positions.
Hope that helps mate

by far the most successful tactic i've used in FM18, as i totally avoided the 3 striker tactics as i felt it was boring and didn't like the idea of having to train half the players to play either CM or ST

How to manage champions league games in order to maximize chances of going through for example with a weaker team against powerhouses?

I started a career with Le Havre because the training center is excellent IRL. Not disappointed by the tactics. Very realistic. I chained the good results and the players feast. I go up in Division 1 while the media told me that I could not aim for the Top 6 at the beginning of the season. I play with a lot of young players. Thanks to the author.

View attachment 49609

View attachment 49607