maybe, turning one of mezzelas to support from attack duty can help better defensive stats. And if your wings don't have good finishing skill you can change it to support also. I didn't find a space to try it but just brainstorming.

I tried the original tactic for a season with Spurs to test it out and I have not been disappointed! Beat Utd to the league by 2 points, then beat City in the FA Cup final 5-1 and Barca 1-0 in the Champions League. Only transfer in was Lucas Torreira for £20mil (he's now worth £50mil!) - Harry Kane ended the season with 62 goals in 60 games for club and country!! Great work!

View attachment 1166196View attachment 1166199View attachment 1166201

Funny I had a much stronger team on paper with schalke during 3 seasons (160CA+ in every starting position and atleast 145CA+ players in the bench with the most suited attributes for all positions) and still the farthest I managed was a quarter-final, heck I even lost against god **** benfica with a 160CA+ starter team, happy for your success but this tactic wasn't a lifechanger as it claims in the title

im afraid that happens at times...but for it keeps things interesting because winning everything kills my motivation to carry on, that's why i like this tactic because you have to keep improving

Having success with your tweak but what do you do to hold on to leads as in my first season in the bundesliga with union berlin i have choked a lot of leads. One game i was 4-0 up at HT went 5-4 down then drew 5-5. Any help would be appreciated.

Having success with your tweak but what do you do to hold on to leads as in my first season in the bundesliga with union berlin i have choked a lot of leads. One game i was 4-0 up at HT went 5-4 down then drew 5-5. Any help would be appreciated.

What do your half time talks consist of? Even if I'm winning ill assertively tell them either "you're playing well lads, keep it up" or "you maybe playing well, but don't get complacent"(or something like that). Sometimes if you're too relaxed with the half time talk they take their foot off the gas, that's what I've found. Another one is the touchline shouts, either 'demand more', 'concentrate', or 'encourage'.
Tactical wise maybe you could switch the mentality to contain, or counter. The tactic itself is attacking and very high intensity. If your Union Berlin, I'm not sure how good your players are, or whether they have the stamina to keep up with such a high intensity tactic.
Hope that helps mate.

Funny I had a much stronger team on paper with schalke during 3 seasons (160CA+ in every starting position and atleast 145CA+ players in the bench with the most suited attributes for all positions) and still the farthest I managed was a quarter-final, heck I even lost against god **** benfica with a 160CA+ starter team, happy for your success but this tactic wasn't a lifechanger as it claims in the title

Perhaps its your management and not the tactic that is the issue then....

Perhaps its your management and not the tactic that is the issue then....

All players full on fitness and match prep, morale superb+, full team cohesion and board confidence, dominating the league and giving bayern 3-0 spankings home and away, no player fatigue because i rotate and rest them properly and then comes some rando telling me that the problem was my managament? ROFL

All players full on fitness and match prep, morale superb+, full team cohesion and board confidence, dominating the league and giving bayern 3-0 spankings home and away, no player fatigue because i rotate and rest them properly and then comes some rando telling me that the problem was my managament? ROFL

And despite your dominance of the very competitive Bundesliga (lol) you failed in the Champions league consistently, as said above. Everyone else seems to have no issue with the tactic in this regard.
Funny how your big list of how great you are does not include team talks, in game shouts, tactical changes etc that help squeeze that extra level of performance from your team.

And despite your dominance of the very competitive Bundesliga (lol) you failed in the Champions league consistently, as said above. Everyone else seems to have no issue with the tactic in this regard.
Funny how your big list of how great you are does not include team talks, in game shouts, tactical changes etc that help squeeze that extra level of performance from your team.

Do I even need to include that I take care of that since team morale is correlated to team talks? Also what you are talking about is micro-management so I didn't feel the need to tell you specifically that all of that is taken care of, and it seems you have some interpretation issues.

"Dominating the bundesliga", RBL, Leverkusen, Dortmund, Bayern all have similar teams to mine and a much stronger squad than Benfica, I mentioned that I spank bayern home and away without giving them goalS because in my humble non-expert casual opinion I believe they are stronger than benfica . (no?)

So if I dominate consistently teams that are of the same level as City, Real, Barça, Utd, then I surely would obliterate Benfica?

As I said, this is a great tactic, but not a Lifechanger as it claims in the title, do I even need to quote you people that also had performance issues with this tac?

How did you have so much funds to invest with Watford in 1st season I only have 800k?

How did you have so much funds to invest with Watford in 1st season I only have 800k?

most of his signings were made in January and sold most of his players in July, so he generated money to spend, plus im sure he used instalments when signing too so not paying the whole sum straight away

Well,

for me it is definetly a lifechanger. I used to play with some of the three-striker-tactics, but I had completely lost any interest in playing the game. Then I saw this thread and gave it a chance. In every save I used it, I overperformed. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But it never failed me. I love the formation, I love the results and most important, I love the realism it gets me (most of the time).

Recently I started a new savegame. I started unemployed and took over RB Leipzig short before the winterbreak in first season after they fired their manager. They had played an aweful season so far, 17th place after 15 games. Horrible. The team has no signings at all. Well, I know that managing a new club or even trying out a new tactic gives you sometimes extremely good results, so I am not expecting to keep things up like this. But for the first games, it has been unbelievable:

This was my first game, two days after I took over. Not an important game, as we had been in a group with Manchester United and Barcelona. We were already safe in 3rd position, so we are going to continue to play in the Euro League.
View attachment 48252

This was again a few days later. My first game in the Bundesliga.
View attachment 48251

And again a few days later against Wolfsburg in DFB-Pokal.
View attachment 48250

Of course the tactic is not fully fluid right now, playing every three days is quite hard and we can really use the 3 weeks winterbreak. But all in all I can say that I really love this tactic. Yes, you might lose matches, but it is so much more enjoyable than all of these 343/523 tactics out there.

Hi, I'm managing FeralpiSalò in Italy and I had great results with this tactic in the first 2 seasons, winning Serie C, Supercoppa Serie C, Coppa Italia Serie C and Serie B.
Now I'm at the first season in Serie A and I'm losing almost all the matches, and atm I'm 20/20.
I must say that on the first 2 season I had Pinamonti on loan form Inter and he's totally illegal for lower leagues, now probably the roster is not so good to face up Serie A.
I tried to switch to "colchester tweak" but the situation remains the same. Do you have some suggestion to modify the tactic to be less offensive? Maybe working on mentality or defense line...

Thanks in advance!

Well,

for me it is definetly a lifechanger. I used to play with some of the three-striker-tactics, but I had completely lost any interest in playing the game. Then I saw this thread and gave it a chance. In every save I used it, I overperformed. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But it never failed me. I love the formation, I love the results and most important, I love the realism it gets me (most of the time).

Recently I started a new savegame. I started unemployed and took over RB Leipzig short before the winterbreak in first season after they fired their manager. They had played an aweful season so far, 17th place after 15 games. Horrible. The team has no signings at all. Well, I know that managing a new club or even trying out a new tactic gives you sometimes extremely good results, so I am not expecting to keep things up like this. But for the first games, it has been unbelievable:

This was my first game, two days after I took over. Not an important game, as we had been in a group with Manchester United and Barcelona. We were already safe in 3rd position, so we are going to continue to play in the Euro League.
View attachment 1166917

This was again a few days later. My first game in the Bundesliga.
View attachment 1166918

And again a few days later against Wolfsburg in DFB-Pokal.
View attachment 1166919

Of course the tactic is not fully fluid right now, playing every three days is quite hard and we can really use the 3 weeks winterbreak. But all in all I can say that I really love this tactic. Yes, you might lose matches, but it is so much more enjoyable than all of these 343/523 tactics out there.

Which version?

This tactic is great. I've played through 3 seasons with Aston Villa now and it keeps delivering great football. Overachieving greatly, although perhaps not as much as with TFF. Since Lifechanger feels more realistic and fun I'm considering it my favourite tactic. (H)(H)

Guys, don't forget to give credit to the original creator Stephanhk as well, this thread is just a tweak with WMs moved forward, and role of striker changed. Rest is all same as Shaolin 4141! (which can be found in ChickenWing thread in this forum).

that it would change you for a team very low ca 80 or the best teams are at ca100

The colchester tweak best tactic without doubt in FM18, it can go head to head with the 3 strikers tactics