Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumner_05

Reaction score
Lighting Up Goodison Park
(This will be my last FM10 Story before FM11)

David Moyes Rushed To Hospital

View attachment 109895
Moyes rushed to hospital after suffering stroke at his Merseyside home

The blue half of merseyside is in mourning this afternoon as Everton manager David Moyes has been rushed to the Abbey Sefton Hospital after reportedly suffering a stroke at home whilst sitting down reading the paper, when he just collapsed in his Liverpool home at 2.43 PM. It was his wife Pamela who made the call and today she confirmed that David Moyes would be resigning as manager of Everton. When asked whether he would return to football management she responded "we will just have to see".

David Moyes spent 8 successful years at the club, and was hugely popular with the players and had developed a wonderful realtionship with the Toffees's fans. His best season with Everton came in the 2004/05 season where he guided Everton to a 4th place finish and a place in the Qualifying Round of the Champions League but Everton got moved to the Uefa Cup as Liverpool got priority after finishing 5th in the league but the were the holders of the Champions League, Everton were furious.

Sir Alex Ferguson has stated that he wants David Moyes to become his successor at Old Trafford once he retires from the game but this question mark hangs in the balance, it really depends on whether Moyes returns to management if he returns.

The Toffees players and fans will be eager to see who will be appointed as the Scotsman successor at Goodison Park. Everyone's eyes will now be on Everton chairman Bill Kenwright who has said that he will not rush in naming a successor and will take a maximum of 2 weeks to announce a new manager.

Everyone associated with the club now wishes Moyesy all the best and hope he has a speedy recovery.

sigpic196563_1.gif

Last edited:
Sorry for no new update yet my stupid broadband isn't working so will next update asap

Good start mate, keep it up

Got new hub ant just need a bt engineer to come set it up so update shud b at least Friday then will update in monthly updates in game time so maybe 1 update every 2 days

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:38 PM ----------

broadband is back working update in next half hour.

As Everton chairman Bill Kenwright is busy trying to find a replacement for former manager David Moyes, with several managers keen on the job. It's rumoured that Mr Kenwright is looking for an Everton legend to take the hot-seat. But Martin O'Neil and Giafranco Zola are the bookies's favourites. But when asked earlier ex- England manager Sven Goran Erkission said that he would not hesistate to take the job if approached by Bill Kenwright, this is what he had to say "Everton is a magnificent club, with a proud history and would be honoured to manage them".

View attachment 107374
Martin O'Neil 4/1
Giafranco Zola 5/1
Sven Goran Eriksson 6/1
Gareth Southgate 7/1
Peter Reid 9/1
Duncan Ferguson 11/1
Joe Royle 15/1
Bob Latchford 20/1

Will be putting up a poll so you can vote who you want as the next Everton manager

sigpic196563_1.gif

Last edited:
Duncan Ferguson! wouldn't want to mess with him haha, I would personally like to see Zola :) good start btw

Good start mate, keep it up

cheers mate

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Duncan Ferguson! wouldn't want to mess with him haha, I would personally like to see Zola :) good start btw

yer just gunna put up poll

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

good start mate keep it up

cheers mate

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

This may seem stupid but how do u add a poll ???

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

can't add a poll so would u just cmment who you would like this is the leaderboard so far

Last edited:
View attachment 107493
Royle And Latchford Rule Themselves Out

Earlier today Toffees legends Joe Royle and Bob Latchford have ruled themselves out of the running for the Everton job. Royle had this to say "I'm flattered to have been named on the shortlist, but a string of bad results and the fans would be asking for my head. And i don't want to ruin the realtionship i developed with the fans as i spent severeal happy years there".

Latchford commented saying "I spent so many happy years of my playing career here at Everton, the best of my footballing career but football management is just not for me".
sigpic196563_1.gif

Last edited:
[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]View attachment 107597[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Jamie Redknapp on his view[/FONT]​

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]"Southgate is right for Everton"[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]View attachment 107595[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Of course the announcement at Everton came as a shock as David Moyes is a well respected manager and I wish him all the best but I have to feel that former Middlesbrough manager Gareth Southgate and Everton are a perfect match.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]First of is because I feel that Gareth did a decent job at Boro, and I feel he deserves another chance in management. Also, the players would suit Southgate and would be driven to succeed as that is what Southgate expected as a player and as a manager. Gareth Southgate deserves another chance in the premier league with the pressure it brings, and he would thrive under it as Everton are an established Premier League side where when he took over at Middlesbrough they had been fighting relegation for the past couple of seasons, there are better players at Everton than at Boro.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]At his age, he has become a football pundit for the BBC during the World Cup but he would jump at the chance to manage again as I feel he wanted to be more involved in the game. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]But maybe, because at the end of his Middlesbrough reign things didn't go too well so he feels he has a point to prove. Gareth is a born leader as he was captain of Middlesbrough for so many years and was also going to have a go at football management. Southgate seems to be the perfect man for Everton.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]I say that because I have always thought that Southgate has been excellent with the younger players and we know that Everton are the nucleus for producing good youth talent with the likes of Jack Rodwell, Seamus Coleman, Jose Baxter and James Vaughan coming though looking to break into the first team.[/FONT]​

Bill Kenwright still looking for a replacement

sigpic196563_1.gif

Last edited:
View attachment 107699
Bill Kenwright Appoints Duncan Ferguson

After a week of trying to find a replacement for David Moyes, he has appointed former Toffees striker Duncan Ferguson has been appointed. There were severeal big name managers as contenders but Mr Kenwright has appointed Duncan Ferguson a man with no managerial experience he was given odds of 11/1.

Duncan Ferguson who had 2 stints with Everton 1994-98 and 2000-06, where he became Everton's record signing in 1994 for £4 million. The 38 year-old has decided he wants a crack at football management after 3 years away from football, after returning to live in Scotland.

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright said this
" everyone at the club is delighted to have Duncan on board as we look forward to a new era, he will be offically unveiled tomorrow lunchtime".

A lot remains over the role of some of the coaching staff, particualy over assisstant manager Steve Round whether Ferguson wants to bring in some new staff or stick with the current staff. Rumours are that West Ham's Tony Carr is set to become his assistant who has help develop talents like: Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Jermain Defoe and Michael Carrick.

Duncan Ferguson has been given a 2 year contract worth £46,000 a week

Ferguson had this to say
" Everton is the kind of club you donb't turn down when you are asked to manage them as it is a magnicfent club with good hard working players with a never say die attitude,it is a great challenge as this is my first job in management."

sigpic196563_1.gif

Last edited:
View attachment 107919
Ferguson Meets The Media

As Duncan Ferguson returned to Everton for the 3rd time today, twice as a player and his 1st in his managerial career. Today was the day that he was offically unveiled as Everton manager at a press conference where we sent our chief reporter.

You sit here unveiled as the new manager of Everton, as a big fan of the club and an ex-player surely this must be a dream come true? Yes, this is a great feeling as i never thought i would manage Everton.

What is your overall approach to the tactial side of the game?
I prefer to mix and match it just depends how we get on in the transfer market

How involved do you intend to be in the day-to-day running of the club?
I would like to be heavily involved in all aspects of the club, right from the first team to the academy as this is a fantastic club

Would you agree with the assessment that you already have an idea of the players you like and who you aren't happy with?
I only think it's fair for everyone to have a chance to show what they can do and if they are not up to my level of expectation they will be sold

Your response suggests you have confidence in your players. What do you consider to be the strongest area of the team?
I would have to say the midfield with the likes of Mikel Arteta, Steven Pienaar, Tim Cahill and Jack Rodwell

You have taken charge of Everton when it is expected that Yakubu could be leaving the club, what are the chances of you keeping him around?
Yakubu is someone i would like to keep around as he has a similar techinque to myself as a striker, big, powerful and can shoot with both feet.

Recent reports have linked you with Burnley's Chris Eagles, is this true?
Sorry but i won't be dicussing transfer stories today as i haven't seen the current players train yet

The Press Conference At Goodison Park Has Concluded

sigpic196563_1.gif

Last edited:
View attachment 108108
Ferguson Sacks All Backroom Staff
8th July 2009

In what is new Everton manager Duncan Ferguson's first day in charge of the club, it was confirmed all backroom staff. In what was an officall announcement on the club's website earlier this morning. It was also confirmed that it is expected that all new staff will be brought in all in the next week. This is due to Duncan Ferguson taking an evaluation of staff and feels the club needs a complete reshuffle to make his mark on the club. Ferguson has reported that all new staff will be British or Irish nationality.

View attachment 108110
Assistant manager Steve Round has left the club

Don't forget to stay tuned in to Sky Sports News for all the breaking news.

BTW: can you please comment if your following

sigpic196563_1.gif

Last edited:
Ill pop in now and then to see how you getting on m8 .. Good luck !

I'll be following! Go for young ENGLISH talent!

Yer i will, i could sell all foreign players and buy some english talent, espically young english talent !!

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Ill pop in now and then to see how you getting on m8 .. Good luck !

Cheers mate, next update tomorrow !!!

Last edited:
View attachment 108450
Toffees Apoint New Set Of Backroom Staff
July 9th 2009

Today Everton manager Duncan Ferguson has confirmed the signings of 11 new members of staff at Goodison Park. Ferguson also announced a new British or Irish project on a 5 year project, where he will sell good Everton players such as Arteta, Cahill and Pienaar to buy some some young english prospects this may explain why he sacked all staff. Ferguson has made former West Ham youth coach Tony Carr as his assistant. Other staff members include England goalkeeping coach Ray Clemance and Arsenal physio Colin Lewin.

View attachment 108457
Duncan Ferguson's Assistant

Last edited:
View attachment 108450

Toffees Apoint New Set Of Backroom Staff
July 9th 2009

Today Everton manager Duncan Ferguson has confirmed the signings of 11 new members of staff at Goodison Park. Ferguson also announced a new British or Irish project on a 5 year project, where he will sell good Everton players such as Arteta, Cahill and Pienaar to buy some some young english prospects this may explain why he sacked all staff. Ferguson has made former West Ham youth coach Tony Carr as his assistant. Other staff members include England goalkeeping coach Ray Clemance and Arsenal physio Colin Lewin.

View attachment 108457
Duncan Ferguson's Assistant

not a bad start m8 but could be a bit better layout and presentation wise ... have a look at my story for some ideas but youre doing well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.