Lille V Liverpool

Ben

I am a biased ****.
Reaction score
Lille will be hoping to take advantage of Liverpool's domestic troubles when they meet in the first leg of their last-16 Europa League tie.

The French outfit enter the continental clash in decent form, with just two defeats suffered in their last 14 Ligue 1 fixtures.

They have won 10 of those games and are perched just four points behind league leaders Bordeaux in the title race.

Lille saw off Turkish giants Fenerbahce in the first knockout stage, proving their European pedigree, and have lost only twice on home soil in all competitions this term.

Liverpool, meanwhile, head to France on the back of a demoralising 1-0 defeat to Wigan on Monday night.

They had been in impressive form before that setback, but the lacklustre nature of their showing at the DW Stadium has infuriated boss Rafa Benitez.

The Reds will be desperate to bounce back and silence their critics at Stadium Lille-Metropole, especially as the Europa League represents their only chance to land some silverware this season.

Should be a good match, I am fearing the worst though and I reckon we will lose 2-1 (hope I get proved wrong). I reckon we will pull it off at Anfield though and go through :)

Last edited:
Lille 3-1 Liverpool and a backs-to-the-wall approach from Lille at Anfield :)

Lille 1 - 3 Liverpool.

Fernando Torres x2
David N'Gog

I think, with how we are playing it's going to be hard for us, but i think we will win.

Oh? Is this on, I doubt I will watch this as I find Liverpool really boring. Fulham Juve me thinks :)

6pm kickoff for this and then Juve vs Fulham at 8. Nice evening of football that.

Lille are a decent team. Almost unheard of for Rafa to roast his team in public, so I'm hoping that they'll pull their heads out of their backsides and give a decent response tonight. Us to score and for it to be a draw on the night.

Probably won't watch the Liverpool game tonight but I wish our English companions much success tonight, Juve game I have high hopes for, the likes of Buffon, Amurai and Chiellieni are injured. Felipe Melo is also suspended so we could get a result, our lack of Danny Murphy could lose us the battle in the centre of the park though :'(

Lille 2-2 Liverpool
Yohan Cabaye and Eden Hazard for Lille, Torres x2 for Liverpool.

it is knda bad planning from FA, liverpool only played on monday. thought theyre get them to play on sat or sun.

2-1 lille i think..or a draw..Eden Hazard will be too much for liverpool I think...Is looking a good week for football...Watched arsenal-porto on tues, milan-ac last night, and now 'pool-lille followed by juve-fulham tonight

Should have been a goal.

Nice build-up play between Torres and Babel there. My prediction is definitely not coming true if Lille keep defending like this.

Landreau pulls off another couple of very good saves, good game this.

Lille's goalkeeper is the reason Liverpool aren't winning this right now.

Half time 0-0, will be at least a goal in the 2nd half though I reckon.

Not keen on us playing on the counter against teams I reckon we can boss. But fair enough, Insua looks like he really does need a break from the first team and it means Babel has to track back. Gerrard is dropping a bit too deep for my liking - Torres looks totally isolated most of the time and some support for him would make our breaks much more effective.

Will be crossing fingers for Fulham in Italy tonight. Really want them to go through - they deserve a long moment in the sun for how well they've been doing.

Babel is having a good game looks very energetic and is working hard to help out Insua. Johnson is having a poor game, not surprising considering he must be far from match fitness. Torres is getting very frustrated, because Gerrard is so deep he is getting marked by the 2 CB's and if Gerrard came forward a bit more he would have space to play in.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Babel off :S Would of been a better decision to take off Kuyt I reckon and move Babel to the right to fit Riera in.

1-0 Lille!! Poor show of attacking and defending in all honesty :L Free kick chipped in to find no-ones head and bounced past Reina