Lille V Liverpool

Nearly got the equaliser there, oh well we should beat these at Anfield, not good enough that though, the players' confidence must be pretty low now.
The confidence is there own fault! We shouldn't need to beat them at Anfield,we should've won there.They're not a good team,but neither are we

Still think liverpool can turn this around at anfield.

They may be able to turn it around, but Lille showed they are a good team. In my opinion it was a very even match, Liverpool were a bit unlucky to concede the goal but Lille were pressing hard at that point. Should be a good second leg!

The confidence is there own fault! We shouldn't need to beat them at Anfield,we should've won there.They're not a good team,but neither are we

Not really mate, they are a decent side they showed that. We played pretty well in comparison to most games this season but they still beat us, which means they must be a good side. I was expecting a tough night tonight and any Liverpool fans who were expecting anything different must not watch much football. I mean Liverpool have been poor this season, while Lille have played well in Ligue 1, only lost something like 2 games in 15 games.

Strange game, decent performance from Liverpool despite the double standards from the referee. We had all of the (decent) chances, other than the Lille player who hit the outside of the post shortly after their goal.

Lille moved the ball around nicely at times and they all seemed to posses some serious pace but they never really threatened with anything other than shots straight into Reina from distance.

Still can't decide what was worse though, the annoying French coverage or Lille's Drogbaesque diving.

What a ridiculous statement, we should of beaten them even though we're a bad team?

Not really mate, they are a decent side they showed that. We played pretty well in comparison to most games this season but they still beat us, which means they must be a good side. I was expecting a tough night tonight and any Liverpool fans who were expecting anything different must not watch much football. I mean Liverpool have been poor this season, while Lille have played well in Ligue 1, only lost something like 2 games in 15 games.
We don't deserve to finish 4th,or win the UEFA Cup,i watch Ligue 1,and they have been over-rated

What a ridiculous statement, we should of beaten them even though we're a bad team
Yes

Liverpool were really unlucky, and on another day with more confidence would of won. Landreau was quality in goal for Lille, but well played to them after this result, they have something big to fight for now.

Lille are not a bad side, in the europa league most of the sides are physically tough, i watched hamburg psv about a week ago and it was the most thrilling physical match ive ever watched, they all had great defensive patterns but they relied on a few people to make plays, I think liverpool will have no problems at anfield

We don't deserve to finish 4th,or win the UEFA Cup,i watch Ligue 1,and they have been over-rated

They have been overrated? They beat Fenerbahce to reach this last 16, that shows at least a 'good' side, Fenerbahce are a good side, they dominate the Turkish league when they are playing well. I don't watch much Ligue 1 but it is definately a strong league if Lyon put R.Madrid out last night. They can't really be overrated if they are the most on form team in that league in the moment.

Agree with Lee. Wasn't a bad performance and we had chances to put the match to bed long before that freakish goal went in. But I expect to see and hear plenty of whoppers over the next few days calling for Rafa's head on the back of the Wigan result and this one.

Ack, Juve have scored already too.

Lille arent that bad, cant believe theyre being this under rated, europa league teams have a more physical presence and a more defensive approach than champions league teams

gerrard either knows something we don't (ie. Rafa leaving) or he doesn't want to be there. For the captain of Liverpool his body language is awfull and his performances are even worse :/

Anyone else losing/lost faith in rafa? :(

Seeing as there is no thread on the Fulham game, I will place my Europa League comments on the Fulham game here :)

Despite having to turn over a 3-1 deficit in the second leg, I still think we have a great chance of going through. We must remember in Europe, 3-1 away from home is a lot better than losing 2 nil. Today however, we gave Juve too much respect early on, we didn't defend our corners which is strangely unlike us, I'd argue that Juve's goal were sloppy defending by us but to be honest, Etuhu's Lampard esque goal couldn't of got any jammier. Despite this, I do query Juve's third goal, there was 2 minutes of first half injury time yet there goal came in the third minute, the referee should of blown his whistle when it had gone over the half way line but subsequently let it play on for a corner. I thought Zebina's goal was very good but very poor defending on our part. We lacked any real quality all over the park though, we were let down by Gera's poor first touch and Juve's consistent shirt pulling whenever we had a corner, we will give them a much better game at the Cottage.

gerrard either knows something we don't (ie. Rafa leaving) or he doesn't want to be there. For the captain of Liverpool his body language is awfull and his performances are even worse :/

Lost

I was going to try be serious, but this result is ******* hilarous.

Nope, Still got to believe in him. Yes maybe times are hard.But a fan sticks with his team through thick and thin, So as Liverpool fans we should back out manager until the end of the season. Stop booing him + the team and get behind them. Help them out. Just like we use to. Its people who say " He's ****, Sack Him" who are making it worse and putting more pressure onto Rafa.