coolmcool

Reaction score
Limerick FC

View attachment 133777

So i havent been on FM for a while and as i finally came back onto it typically in line with the new football season starting i decided to go back to Ireland with Limerick FC
Some of you may well remember all 4 of my previous saves with Limerick which have seen me progress all the way to the Semi Finals of the Champions League on last years save around 10 seasons into the save

Limerick have actually helped me along the way in real life as when i first started playing as them 5 years ago they were just contenders for Promotion in the league below but now they are an established team in the top League in Ireland

And so it begins

View attachment 133776

Limerick last won the league Title all the way back in 1979 when they were known as Limerick United and have won the Title just one other time in their history in the sixties.
One thing you will find out about the Irish leagues is there are millions of Cup games, i think just domestically Limerick have a chance to win 3 Cup Competitions along with the league, you also have the All Ireland Cup if you win the League

Limerick History

View attachment 133775

We are predicted to finish 10th so winning a lot of trophies is a little way off so far but heres a look at our best 3 players

Shane Duggan - CM

View attachment 133774

Paul O'Conor - DMC

View attachment 133773

Freddy Hall - GK

View attachment 133772

Im hoping we are going to be hard to beat in the first season if our best players our the Keeper and couple of defense minded midfielders.

Right up next should be tactics, friendlies and Transfers​

Limerick FC

View attachment 133660

Jan/Feb 2015

We have been giving a massive transfer budget of Zero Pounds whilst the wage budget is about the exact same as what we already spend, i could probably bring in a couple of freebies on a couple of hundred quid a week

View attachment 133659

So as i joined the club literally had one striker, not just one decent striker literally one senior striker, so my first free transfer was Striker Jordan Loftus

View attachment 133658

So we are predicted to finish all the way down in 10th place but my feeling is with a decent tactic and my brilliant management skills around 5th place is what im aiming for

View attachment 133657

So with the Irish League everyone plays each other 3 times adding up to 33 league games, Top place gets you into the Champions League Qualifiers but then 2nd to 4th will get you into the Europa League qualifiers depending on Domestic Cup winners

View attachment 133654

Here is my preferred starting 11 for the season ahead when they are all fit, the key positions are the centre backs at just 17 and 19 they could make or break the season

View attachment 133653

Heres the tactic i will be using, its the same basic one i have used for a lot of teams but i do like to switch it up in little places like i will probably play with a Target Man upfront instead of the Complete Forward.

View attachment 133652

Munster Senior Cup Qtr Final
Limerick 3 - Avondale 1

View attachment 133650

A comfortable win to start the new season, this wasnt even classed as a my debut match for some reason by the FM Gods showing how much of a poor competition this is, This Cup only has us and Cork City in it from the top division so the Cup goes between the two teams mainly.

In what is surely the Pretend Final we face Cork City in the Semi Finals of the Munster Senior Cup with the winner of this match surely going on to lift the Cup.

View attachment 133649

Limerick FC

View attachment 133530

March 2015

Limerick 1 - Sligo Rovers 0

View attachment 133529

A brilliant start to the league campaign as we ****** a 1-0 win through Stephen Kenny

League Cup 1st Rnd
Limerick 3 - Waterford 1

View attachment 133528

Tracy opened the scoring with a 6th minute penalty before he doubled the lead less than a minute later, Journeyman striker O'Flynn sealed the win just before half time, they got a late consolation.

Limerick 3 - Drogheda Utd 0

View attachment 133527

Another win wrapped up by half time with Kenny on fine form setting up Lynch's goal before having a part in both of O'Flynns goals

Derry City 2 - Limerick 2

View attachment 133526

New signing Loftus grabs a last minute equalize to keep up my near perfect start to my first season with Limerick

Bohemians 2 - Limerick 2

View attachment 133525

We come from behind twice to get another draw in the league, we are definitely showing some good early season form, the main issue so far seems to be that we concede sloppy goals when playing away from home.

My opening 6 games for Limerick Unbeaten is a new record

View attachment 133524

Limerick 0 - St Pat's 1

View attachment 133523

Anyone who knows any of my previous stories knows that whenever i mention an unbeaten run on FM Base i immediately lose it in the next game!

To add insult to literal injury key player Tracy is out for a month

View attachment 133522

Up next is the mighty Shamrock Rovers in the league whilst we also play Cork City in the Munster Senior Cup Semi Final at the end of the month

Limerick FC

View attachment 133495

April 2015

Shamrock Rovers 2 - Limerick 0

View attachment 133494

After not losing in our opening 6 games we lose them back to back against the big teams of Ireland.

Ouch Young defender Murphy out for 4 months

View attachment 133493

Winger Mulhall out for 5 weeks too

View attachment 133492

Limerick 2 - Bray Wanderers 0

View attachment 133491

That partnership of O'Flynn and Kenny get the goals for us as we get back on track in the league showing the gulf in class between the bottom few teams to the top few.

Dundalk 2 - Limerick 2

View attachment 133490

Ross Mann the winger at just 19 years of age set up the Lynch's opener before netting the last gasp equalizer against the current League Champions Dundalk.

Limerick 3 - Galway Utd 0

View attachment 133489

This was actually a pretty back and forth game despite what the scoreline suggests, but our keeper was in amazing form whilst we knew where the back of the net was up the other end.

Cork City 2 - Limerick 1

View attachment 133488

We quickly come crashing back down to earth losing to our closest rivals Cork City who we face in the Cup in a few days time

AARGH O'Flynn is out 4 weeks

View attachment 133486

Longford 1 - Limerick 3

View attachment 133487

Tracy nets a pair of first half penalties before Loftus got a late third after moaning about lack of game time.

Munster Senior Cup Semi Final
Limerick 4 - Cork City 2

View attachment 133485

What a brilliant result! We smashed our rivals from the start going 4-0 up before Cork got a couple of late goals back to make the last few minutes interesting but it was all over and we make my first Final.

Oh right did not know that, Do you know why?

Yeah apparently last year the ROI clubs questioned the scheduling (not surprising considering how many cup comps etc) especially around midweek fixtures so it was cancelled and theres been no update since.

I'm into the second season in my U.C.D. save and there hasnt been an All Ireland Cup yet nor can I find it.

Limerick FC

View attachment 133252

May 2015

Sligo Rovers 1 - Limerick 1

View attachment 133251

This was a real poor result as Sligo are struggling right down the bottom of the table in the relegation zone and we couldnt manage to keep our early lead and finish the game off.

League Cup 2nd Rnd
St Pats Athletic 5 - Limerick 4

View attachment 133250

Upset to be out of the Cup but it was a brilliant back and forth match with 9 goals between us, we had the better of the possession but our attacking trio just behind the main striker had poor games which in the end cost us.

Limerick 3 - Derry City 1

View attachment 133249

A good win in the league after the cup disappoint in the match before, Loftus came off the bench to grab a goal and is really pushing O'Flynn for a place in the starting 11 especially as hes 14 years younger than him!

Drogheda 2 - Limerick 3

View attachment 133248

Goals from AMC Kenny and O'Flynn and an own goal sealed the win inside the opening half an hour, they came back strong in the second half netting twice but we just about managed to hold on.

First look at the league table of the season sees us flying high in 3rd place! Theres a little bit of a gap opening up between 5th place and the rest of the table so im believing a top 5 finish is the must from this stage after our brilliant start to the season.

View attachment 133247

Limerick 2 - Bohemians 1

View attachment 133246

A come from behind win with Lynch getting a rare goal, i was really expecting more from him so far this season but i guess you cant have everything with 33 year old striker O'Flynn scoring left right and centre.

Limerick 0 - Shamrock Rovers 1

View attachment 133245

After another good little run Shamrock bring it to a halt again as we lose to them for the second time in a matter of a few weeks.

5 Match Unbeaten run in the league ends

View attachment 133244

Shamrock Rovers are in a league of their own undefeated after 16 league games a massive 11 points ahead of second place Dundalk already whilst we are having a brilliant time in 3rd place.

View attachment 133243

Limerick FC

View attachment 133206

June 2015

The Limerick Board are loving life with me so much i get handed a new 2 year contract extension with 7 months of my old deal remaining

View attachment 133205

Senior Challenge Cup 2nd rnd
Limerick 2 - St Pat's 1

View attachment 133204

We return the favour to St Pat's who knocked us out of the league cup earlier on in the season, Lynch may have finally found his goalscoring boots with another goal before O'Flynn made it 2-0, they got one back in the second half but it wasnt enough.

Munster Senior Cup Final
Cobh Ramblers 1 - Limerick 2

View attachment 133203

Lynch nets again to put us in the lead in the final before they got one back, it was central midfielder and Captain Shane Duggan who fittingly got us the winner to seal my first Trophy as Limerick Manager

The Fans are loving my first Trophy of my Reign

View attachment 133202

St Pat's 6 - Limerick 2

View attachment 133201

Ouch! St Pat's were not happy that we knocked them out of the Cup as they completely destroyed us in this league encounter in our worst ever defeat.

Since taking charge of Limerick 20 games ago we have won 13 of them and scored an impressive 39 goals averaging almost 2 goals a game but as mentioned below we concede a massive 31 too!

View attachment 133200

Bray Wanderers 0 - Limerick 0

View attachment 133199

A bore draw! I will be glad when the transfer window opens as i have a couple of young wingers coming in on free transfers who will give me more options for when we are struggling upfront.

Limerick FC

View attachment 133183

July 2015

I have slightly altered the expectations believing that we can get a top half finish now which means i have added around about a grand a week to the wage budget

View attachment 133182

Jack Doherty - AMLC - Free

View attachment 133181

Dylan Cashin - AMRL - Free

View attachment 133180

Limerick 3 - Dundalk 1

View attachment 133179

A huge win against Title Chasers Dundalk with Lynch netting just 2 minutes in before debutant Doherty grabbed the second, young striker Mahdy grabbed a third after coming on before they got a late consolation goal.

Cashin injured on his debut!

View attachment 133178

Limerick 3 - Cork City 2

View attachment 133177

Another good win this time against our local rivals, Mann and Mulhall obviously didnt like me bringing in a couple of wingers as they finally get their acts together and dominant the game for us.

Galway 1 - Limerick 2

View attachment 133176

Its been all about the youngsters in recent matches but old man O'Flynn showed hes still got goals in him netting both in this 2-1 win.

Limerick 1 - Longford 1

View attachment 133175

2 points dropped

Limerick 6 - Sligo Rovers 3

View attachment 133171

What a back and forth game against the struggling Sligo Rovers, our main striker and theirs both got Hattricks but the key difference was 3 of our other players netted too!

Still flying high in 3rd place, 10 points off Shamrock Rovers at the top and just 5 points behind second place. We are just 1 point ahead of Dundalk who we recently beat whilst there is a gap of 10 points down to 5th place and we must be looking at a top 4 finish now with just 10 games to go, That could be enough to get European football dependant on who wins the Cups

View attachment 133149

Limerick FC

View attachment 133138

August 2015

Limerick 2 - Drogheda 0

View attachment 133135

Lynch cant stop scoring now! Whilst Mann has come into the side in recent weeks and shone, Doherty netted again showing why i brought him in,

Derry City 1 - Limerick 2

View attachment 133134

Stephen Kenny all but single handedly came from behind to win this game for us, grabbing the equalizer around half an hour in before a last gasp winner.

Bohemians 3 - Limerick 0

View attachment 133133

A shock defeat to Bohemians who are hardly high flyers in the league.

Senior Challenge Cup 3rd Rnd
Wexford Youths 2 - Limerick 6

View attachment 133132

A good win against the second division side with squad players Coughlan and McSweeney netting a brace each.

Limerick 0 - St Pats 0

View attachment 133131

We really should have beaten St Pat's here and this result could really come back to haunt us with them just above us in the league.

We drop down to 4th place, St Pat's have snuck above us in the league and with just 6 games to go could be hard to catch up with,

View attachment 133130

Limerick FC

View attachment 133103

September 2015

Senior Challenge Cup Quarter Finals
Limerick 4 - Athlone Town 0

View attachment 133102

We easily dispatch of another second tier club smashing 4 goals past them, remember the winning of this competition gets the Europa League spot meant for 4th place which we are currently in if its not won by any of the top 3, so we hold our own fate in our hands now that we are in the Final 4.

So its my favourite time of the season when playing FM the Youth Intake! In Ireland it takes place in September as you can already tell. It was the perfect first youth intake with 5 players having big potential for the first teamer and they were spread out throughout the team with a Keeper, two DC, a CM and a striker

View attachment 133101

Best 3

Mark Fogarty - DC

View attachment 133100

Stuart Ball - GK

View attachment 133099

Kevin Cullen - ST

View attachment 133098

Shamrock Rovers 3 - Limerick 2

View attachment 133097

A much better performance by us against the soon to be crowned Champions Shamrock Rovers who keep up there perfect record against me of 3 wins from 3 in the league.

Limerick 3 - Bray Wanderers 2

View attachment 133096

3-0 up by half time as Kenny nets a brace along with an O'Flynn goal, they got back into the game in the second half netting a couple of goals but we just about held on.

Key player Lee Lynch out for 4 weeks

View attachment 133095

Dundalk 2 - Limerick 2

View attachment 133094

A really gritty performance against the defending Champions Dundalk as we came from behind twice to ****** a point which was rather undeserved but i dont care! It was the youngsters who got the goals showing the future is looking bright

We look nailed on for 4th place right now 3 points behind 3rd with just 3 games to go, we are 7 points ahead of 5th place so look unlikely to drop further down the table.

View attachment 133093

Limerick FC

View attachment 133077

October 2015

Cork City 2 - Limerick 2

View attachment 133076

We were up 2-0 after just 4 minutes but we couldnt contain striker Karl Sheppard who managed to grab a very late equalizer after getting one goal back in the first half.

Duggan breaks the record for quickest goal at Limerick with just 24 seconds gone

View attachment 133075

Senior Challenge Cup Semi Final
Limerick 1 - Cabinteely 0

View attachment 133074

We make the Final after beating yet another second string side in the Cup, If we win the Final we are guaranteed a Europa League spot next season at around the very first qualifiers.

A very favourable matchup in the Final as we face 9th placed Longford

View attachment 133071

Limerick 2 - Galway 1

View attachment 133070

They were all over us but it was Captain Duggan who steadied the ship and netted the late winner

Longford 0 - Limerick 5

View attachment 133069

A brilliant way to end the league season but not only that we face Longford in the cup final next so a 5-0 romp bodes very well!

So we finish in 4th place with almost double the amount of points that 10th place has got where we were predicted to finish at the start of the season, Its winner takes all in the Cup match next though as we desperately look to European football next season.

View attachment 133068

33 Year old O'Flynn wins the Irish League Golden Boot with 18 goals!

View attachment 133067

I get second place in the Manager of the Year Award with a win percentage in the league of slightly over half

View attachment 133066

Duggan will believe hes extremely unlucky to miss out on the Team of the Year with 4 Limerick players making the 11 including Lynch, O'Flynn, Tracey and Kenny.

View attachment 133065

Senior Challenge Cup Final
Longford 0 - Limerick 2

View attachment 133064

Not as emphatic as the league win but it doesnt matter as i pick up my second trophy of my Limerick career and more importantly a taste of European Football!

We win the Senior Challenge Cup for the first time in 33 years!

View attachment 133063

Conformation of the Europa League spot

View attachment 133062

Right so thats an amazing first season over as we not only win 2 cups and finish 4th we get European football for next season which should massively boost our finances even if we go out after the opening round.

Limerick FC

View attachment 133025

End of Season Stats and Awards 2015

Squad in order of most Apps

View attachment 133024

Top Goalscorer - John O'Flynn - 21 Goals in 35 Games

View attachment 133023

Best Player - Lee Lynch - An average rating of 7.72 netting, Lynch had a part in 20 goals this season with 11 goals and 9 assists

View attachment 133022

Best Young Player - Stephen Kenny - The 22 year old is a big part of our future after not only netting 11 goals like Lynch he set up a further 15 most of them for striker O'Flynn

View attachment 133021

The end of Season Awards see Lee Lynch win not only the Young Player of the Year but also the Fans Player of the Year, Whilst Captain Duggan got the best goal and Jack Doherty won best signing.

View attachment 133020

On the season review it says we were knocked out of the Munster Senior Cup in the Quarter Finals but we actually won it? Maybe they are talking about next seasons already? We confounded myself and critics by winning two Cup Competitions along with coming 4th and getting European football next season.
The thing i hope to change in the coming seasons is that on average we managed to fill our stadium just 28%

View attachment 133019

Despite our brilliant season the initial budget shows there will be very little money available, at most we will be able to sign 2 or 3 players on free transfers this winter, I do think that with our young squad we should vastly improve anyway next season even if we dont sign anybody.

View attachment 133018

Broadcasting Revenue and prize money were the key money making areas and the Europa League Qualifiers could well sort our finances out for years to come if we win a couple of games.

View attachment 133017

Limerick FC

View attachment 133016

Dec 2015 - Feb 2016

We start the year off with something of a coup as we bring in American Winger/Striker Morgan Langley on a free transfer and the fans and board loved it!

View attachment 133015

We lose a massive £210k in the last year despite me signing just 4 players on free transfers, it says a change in management cost a lot of money?

View attachment 133014

Cashin leaves the club just 6 months after joining on a free transfer

View attachment 133013

There was no point in saying i could do any better than a mid table finish as it wouldnt have helped our transfer or wage budget which is all but non existent.

View attachment 133011

Terrible news as Player of the Year last year Lee Lynch is set to miss the start of the season after picking up a bad injury

View attachment 133010

Irish Winger Ian Sweeney looks likely to be my only other addition to the squad before the start of the new season, I think some more of the youngsters should start to make more of a statement this season.

View attachment 133009

It gets worse as Top Goalscorer from last season O'Flynn is out for the start of the season too

View attachment 133008

So as was mentioned the All Ireland Cup is no more but it looks like we do have a replacement in the shape of the President's Cup which is the Irish version of the Community Shield as after winning the Senior Challenge Cup we face league winners Shamrock Rovers

View attachment 133007

So despite finishing as high as 4th last season the Media believe we will be back down to 7th this year an improvement on their prediction of 10th last year but definitely where i dont want to end up. Im hoping this season to get European football again next season whether thats through the league or cup and do well in the Europa League qualifiers this year, i dont think we have enough quality of depth in the squad to win the Title this year

View attachment 133005

After our brilliant form last season i have managed to secure an extra 36 season ticket holders!

View attachment 133004

His the starting 11 for the first game of the new season

View attachment 133003

President's Cup
Shamrock Rovers 2 - Limerick 3

View attachment 133001

We banish the Shamrock Hoodoo having lost to them 3 times out of 3 last season with an outstanding second half display coming from behind twice to take the match to extra time before Jack Doherty netted a late winner in extra time. It shows how the signings are working well as all 3 goals were scored from players i have brought to the club in the last year

3 Cup Victories in just over a year of being in charge of Limerick

View attachment 133000

Limerick FC

View attachment 132806

March 2016

Longford 1 - Limerick 4

View attachment 132805

Our attacking trio were in fine form again today with new signing Sweeney key to our success along with AMC Kenny

6 Games Won in a row a new record

View attachment 132803

League Cup 1st Rnd
Wexford Youths 1 - Limerick 0

View attachment 132802

A shock defeat in the Cup after such a good start to the new season losing out to the second division side thanks to a late goal.

Cork City 2 - Limerick 1

View attachment 132801

Oh ****** another defeat this time to our local rivals in the league, what did i say last year every time FM mentions to me about an unbeaten run i go and lose it the next game!

Limerick 2 - Derry City 0

View attachment 132800

Young striker McSweeney gets us back on track after those couple of losses.

O'Conor out for 7 weeks

View attachment 132799

Limerick 2 - Sligo Rovers 1

View attachment 132798

Its the Sweeney the winger who nets a brace in this match to pick up another league win with them getting a mere consolation goal late on.

Limerick 1 - Bohemians 1

View attachment 132797

Not only did we go behind early on we then had Captain Shane Duggan sent off around half an hour in, Winger Sweeney got an equalize not long later and we really pushed for a winner in the second half but couldnt get a goal over the line.

Currently 6 players have niggling injuries and you would have to say all of them are from the first team.

View attachment 132796

Munster Senior Cup Quarter Final
Cork City 4 - Limerick 2

View attachment 132795

Oh ******! Were out of another cup Competition after the very first stage and not only that this was one of the Cups we won last year! Im praying that less Cup games though may mean we perform better in the league?!?

Limerick FC

View attachment 132297

April 2016

Bray Wanderers 2 - Limerick 3

View attachment 132296

Teenager striker Mahdy nets a brace as we start the month with a good win over Bray.

Limerick 1 - Shamrock Rovers 1

View attachment 132295

A good result but we almost held on for the win for most of the match after scoring early on, At least we are unbeaten in 2 against the Champions now having lost 3 times in a row to them last year.

5 League Match Unbeaten Run

View attachment 132294

Limerick 0 - St Pat's 0

View attachment 132293

Bore Draw

Finn Harps 0 - Limerick 1

View attachment 132292

A much more even game than i would have expected as we should have put them to the sword, Lynch came back from his nasty injury to put in a man of the match display and net the winner.

Galway Utd 3 - Limerick 3

View attachment 132291

More struggles against one of the relegation threatened sides as we come from 3-0 down to just about ****** a point with Lee Lynch grabbing another late goal.

Limerick 3 - Dundalk 2

View attachment 132290

A brilliant result against the Champions from a couple of seasons back as we go from 2-0 up to 2-2 before sub Coughlan grabbed a late winner just 2 minutes after Dundalk equalized.

9 games unbeaten in the League

View attachment 132289

Derry City 1 - Limerick 3

View attachment 132288

The curse is lifted! I have mentioned unbeaten runs twice this month and we havent gone on to lose the next game! This time out we comfortably dispatched of Derry City

Shamrock Rovers top the league at the moment but we are just 2 points behind them in second place with 12 games gone, St Pat's are a further 3 points behind us in 3rd.

View attachment 132284

Used to enjoy reading these posts on your old saves (On my old profile), hopefully you can achieve similar success, if not better!

Used to enjoy reading these posts on your old saves (On my old profile), hopefully you can achieve similar success, if not better!
Thanks mate! Managed to get to the Champions League Semi Finals last time round so think that may be a few years off yet!

Limerick FC

View attachment 131845

May 2016

Limerick 3 - Longford 0

View attachment 131844

Tracy nets the penalty to open the scoring before McSweeney nets goals near the end of both halfs

Limerick 3 - Cork City 3

View attachment 131840

What a back and forth game this was against our local rivals! We went 1-0 down around an hour in before a crazy 8 minutes saw us go from behind to 3-1 up and we were cruising but late on we conceded two sloppy goals and it ended a draw.

Sligo Rovers 2 - Limerick 4

View attachment 131839

Winger Sweeney nets a first half Hattrick to secure the 3 points whilst his fellow new signing Langley gets the other goal.

Senior Challenge Cup 2nd Rnd
Wexford Youths 3 - 4 Limerick

View attachment 131838

This was much closer than it should have been! We seem to have found our goalscoring boots with Sweeney and Langley working well on the wings and McSweeney has found his feet in the first team but we concede far too many easy goals.

Bohemians 3 - Limerick 1

View attachment 131837

And out of nowhere the unbeaten run is over and it was against run of the mill Bohemians, 13 games unbeaten in the league before today including 8 Wins

View attachment 131836

That loss has hurt us badly in the Title Race, i would like to thing we could be contenders now but its very unlikely we will keep up with Shamrock Rovers who are 5 points clear at the top around the halfway stage of the season, we are a further 3 points ahead of St Pat's.

View attachment 131835