So I'm after some advice, you and a couple other stories I follow always do so well with whatever save you do and I figure who better to ask. I'm working my way through a Plymouth save and have got myself promoted to championship at moment after back to back promotions. I've also just snared the Peru job and this is my 1st go at international management, I was just wondering what are the benefits of managing a national team alongside a club and how do I find players that arnt currently in my national pool, eg regens and if there are any players that ain't Peruvian but qualify to play for Peru. Excellent story btw, been following this since day 1 and it's awesome

So I'm after some advice, you and a couple other stories I follow always do so well with whatever save you do and I figure who better to ask. I'm working my way through a Plymouth save and have got myself promoted to championship at moment after back to back promotions. I've also just snared the Peru job and this is my 1st go at international management, I was just wondering what are the benefits of managing a national team alongside a club and how do I find players that arnt currently in my national pool, eg regens and if there are any players that ain't Peruvian but qualify to play for Peru. Excellent story btw, been following this since day 1 and it's awesome
Thanks for reading, Im not too sure what the benefits would be when your not a national team closer to your league team, i.e i want to become Ireland manager in my Limerick save because i can help develop all of my irish youngsters and make some of my foreign players Irish nationals. In the case of being Peru boss i guess it would be more about finding younger players you could sign form Plymouth without much of a fee, I think also that when you search for Peru players it will show players who are not from the country but are eligible through various reasons like playing in the country for 5 years, thats how Ireland have got one of my English players and 2 Germans playing for them. Im not really that clued up on internationals as i never seem to get the job for any of the teams i want to be!

Cheers for the help cool. Any advice is all good. This story still going I hope? Loving it!

Cheers for the help cool. Any advice is all good. This story still going I hope? Loving it!
Yeah its still going been working a lot the past few days so havent had chance to post any updates but will get a few up tommorrow.

I read the whole thread in just one sitting, got hooked, awesome story.

I read the whole thread in just one sitting, got hooked, awesome story.
Thanks man, That must have taken you a while! I even started going back over the story a few days ago as i cant even remember what the team was like 14 seasons ago! I have a load of updates to hopefully post up tonight.

It sure did, but I really enjoyed it, didn't notice until I finished it, you've also motivated me to start a career in lower league, I started unemployed with past experience as sunday league player, got a job in Jupiler league, I think I can make it to Eredivisie and move on, I'll concentrate on my own career not club's. My ultimate aim is to end up my at my fav club, Chelsea.

It sure did, but I really enjoyed it, didn't notice until I finished it, you've also motivated me to start a career in lower league, I started unemployed with past experience as sunday league player, got a job in Jupiler league, I think I can make it to Eredivisie and move on, I'll concentrate on my own career not club's. My ultimate aim is to end up my at my fav club, Chelsea.
Its one of the first lower league managements i have really got into. I really want to try a Journeyman save too maybe before fm 14 do a save where i look out for myself instead of the club like when Man Utd offered me a job!

Its one of the first lower league managements i have really got into. I really want to try a Journeyman save too maybe before fm 14 do a save where i look out for myself instead of the club like when Man Utd offered me a job!
You stayed on too long at Limerick until you became WC/Continental. You rejected many offers from League 1/C'ship teams, I won't and since Chelsea keeps firing managers after short periods of time, I'll have a bigger chance. :p

You stayed on too long at Limerick until you became WC/Continental. You rejected many offers from League 1/C'ship teams, I won't and since Chelsea keeps firing managers after short periods of time, I'll have a bigger chance. :p
I usually just stick with one team never really like to move around especially when making a story as theres not much point having a go at lower league management in Ireland and then becoming United boss!

Does that mean no more updates on this story?
Will probably get a few more up at the weekend, only meant it as there was 12 people on this forum when i looked a moment ago and 250 odd on the fm14 one!

Ah, alright. Hoping you'd start a similar story on fm14 as well. :fingerscrossed:

Ah, alright. Hoping you'd start a similar story on fm14 as well. :fingerscrossed:
I think at the moment Limerick will feel to samey on FM14 so may have a go in Northern Ireland with a second division side.

Of course, any lower league team, I said similar, not exactly same. I'm new to forums, didn't know you write stories on regular basis.

Would love to see you do this from the very beginning of FM14 to the release of FM15. Try and make whatever tiny club you take over the biggest in the world!