i thought this thread was meant to be a joke, hence my "average" comment.

It is in Football Manager 2011, Players section, why would it be a joke?

Drop the off topic conversation now, there is going to have to be enough clearing up in this thread as it is already! Even if you put "sorry for going off topic" its deliberate.

If you haven't realised Mike is mod, and has to clear up all the off topic rubbish that happens on this site, including making sure it doesn't happen.
that is the idea of a forum, organised, on topic, regulated discussion.
so when you see constant off topic **** everyday and have to sort it out "on your appropriate section of course" you are going to develop a no tolerance approach to it! it annoys me and im not a mod!!

I'm sorry,but what can you expect when you state one of the best footballers of all time as a find on FM11?
it is in the players section, no mention of it being a find anywhere, it is just pure discussion of the great player that is lionel messi.

"Found this guy whilst managing Barcelona, thought I might share. ;)"

but I'll leave it there....not trying to cause any upstirr...

Trequirista
- Attack

Found this guy whilst managing Barcelona, thought I might share. ;)

it is in the players section, no mention of it being a find anywhere, it is just pure discussion of the great player that is lionel messi.

L2Read.

Anyway, the way he said that last bit made it sound like a **** take. So I can hadrly blame people that have gone off topic imo.

Don't use him as Amr. Use him as Amrc- Inside forward and use an attacking wing back on the right. He'll score more

L2Read.

Anyway, the way he said that last bit made it sound like a **** take. So I can hadrly blame people that have gone off topic imo.

lol that last line was just a tasteless jab at humour, and since he is so well-known there is hardly much to discuss except his ideal role and duty and thats y people are going off-topic

It is in Football Manager 2011, Players section, why would it be a joke?

Drop the off topic conversation now, there is going to have to be enough clearing up in this thread as it is already! Even if you put "sorry for going off topic" its deliberate.

If you haven't realised Mike is mod, and has to clear up all the off topic rubbish that happens on this site, including making sure it doesn't happen.
that is the idea of a forum, organised, on topic, regulated discussion.
so when you see constant off topic **** everyday and have to sort it out "on your appropriate section of course" you are going to develop a no tolerance approach to it! it annoys me and im not a mod!!

"Found this guy whilst managing Barcelona, thought I might share. ;)"

the wording of that line, is why I, and most other people in this thread thought it was a joke.

yes i did deliberately go of topic, as i was asking a question about a topic that was brought up in the thread.

Last edited:
The reason why I wrote that was for a little joke but there us no need for it to be carried on over and over and over again, and also why would I go through the trouble to present the thread properly if it was a joke? Anyway enough **** on this thread already so let's stay on topic.

There was a phrase of Magic Johnson to describe Michael Jordan. I believe this one is the best way to define Lionel Messi...

"There's Michael Jordan and then there is the rest of us."

What database size do you need in order to get him?

i find it difficult to get the best out of him, i can never get him to score anywhere near the amount he does irl, anyone know how best to play him?

i find that he picks up a lot of injuries which is frustrating as it effects his form

People need to lighten up.
and/or understand humour.

Seriously though, people seem to struggle with Messi in their teams. I'm using him as a striker with David Villa as AML (trained, obviously) and make them switch positions throughout the game. Works a treat, they both get a goal on average each game.

Was killer for me as Deep lying forward. given as support duty alongside 2 inside forwards. Captures quite well the false nine role he has played with some regularity this season.

Name: Lionel Messi
Club: Barcelona
D.O.B: 24/6/1987
Nationality: Argentinion
Position: M (R,L) AM (R,L,C) ST
Agent: Hector Cruz

Strengths:
Everything

Weaknesses:
Heading, Jumping, Agression

Description: Midfield Playmaker
Personality: Resilient

Suggested Roles:

Trequirista - Attack

Found this guy whilst managing Barcelona, thought I might share. ;)
Good job.Maybe,if you play a lot,you will find out who Wayne Rooney is

Last edited:
Never managed Messi, only managed Ronaldo for one season, never managed Rooney. I've attempted to sign Rooney once before, no success, never even looked at Messi in my game before. I know it'd take a long time and a lot of money to sign him, and I don't find he's worth that. Yes, he is amazing and one of, if not the, best player in the world right now. But, if it takes me 5 seasons to get enough money and stature with a big team to finally sign this one guy, I'd feel I've wasted 5 seasons on this one guy. I love splashing cash on a big signing, but I only plan those for around a season, often less.

However, in my Seoul game, when we versed Barca he made a fool out of half my team, however his shooting in that game was horrid, and his passes were only accurate half the time. He could create a lot of space, do all his fancy footwork around all my players, and we never successfully tackled him, but even with all that he was never a major part of the match. I looked at his stats aferwards, and he had played fantastic that season at Barca, but he'd only played (thankfully) decent against us.

Stop spamming this thread! you will be surprised at how many Messi threads get created asking stupid questions! this is the Messi thread (and no pun intended) I am surprised I had not come across the poor excuse for a thread! it will remain open, one more spam comment and it will close! then the next person to create a Messi thread will get an infraction :)

thats the deal!