Live - Premier League

Manchester United coudn't have asked for a better christmas gift (10 days late)

What about us Everton fans? :'(

At least you have some good players that actually want to stay...

You think Houghton could take over from Houllier, at least short term? Seemed to do a very good job at Newcastle

YES. I would take Hughton any day, good manager, worked well on a shoestring budget and would probably do even better on ours, and is a thoroughly decent bloke on top.

****, at least 'Pool are being linked with players of Elia's calibre, and actually PLAY their best player and don't just bring him on on the 88th minute...

He should of started, Petrov is fresh back from injury and played 3 days ago for 90 minutes. Albrighton is fresh and in some amazing form. Young needs throwing back out onto the wing when Albrighton isn't on too, he's not as effective in the middle as he was cutting in or crossing, Abgonlahor would of been better off tonight using his pace against the centre backs too, i'd at least like to see him on the right wing and Downing on the left

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

You think Houghton could take over from Houllier, at least short term? Seemed to do a very good job at Newcastle

I don't know, he seemed alright at Newcastle but he's a fairly new boss and i'd rather not take the risk. I thought Houllier was a safe bet tho and he's proved me wrong so who knows

Its amazing how easily the Villa fans can point out what is going wrong on the pitch (as above), but a so called top-manager can't spot it over 90 mins

Its amazing how easily the Villa fans can point out what is going wrong on the pitch (as above), but a so called top-manager can't spot it over 90 mins

Not just us, any sane person. I can also point out to you what needs to be bought: buy a new DM and new clinical striker. That is the minimum.

I fear, however, that nothing will happen. Chelsea game was just applying a plaster to a gaping flesh wound, and the plaster has inevitably fallen off.

Same what we need. A striker that's not just clinical but also consistant. Sick of the team creating chances, but not being able to put them away. Tonight was more of a relief than happiness tbh. And it looks like we're gonna be losing Pineear after all

If Houllier goes it'll be the same as last window and we wont have any time to get a new manager and new players, we need to kickstart our season and fast, never have I worried about the FA cup third round as much as I am right now

I'm done with being serious about this ****. At the weekend I am going to get ******, put a bin on my head and run around shouting "We're doooooooomed" like any normal person would do.

And yes, you can quote me on that.

Not just us, any sane person. I can also point out to you what needs to be bought: buy a new DM and new clinical striker. That is the minimum.

I fear, however, that nothing will happen. Chelsea game was just applying a plaster to a gaping flesh wound, and the plaster has inevitably fallen off.

Would you rather see the end of Young, in order to buy at least two new players with the funds? Or would you rather keep hold of him?

Great night for United. The draw was the best possible result for the city and arsenal match. Losses for Chelsea and Tottenham are good too. And of course its always nice to see Liverpool humiliated!

Would you rather see the end of Young, in order to buy at least two new players with the funds? Or would you rather keep hold of him?

*puts bin on head*

We're dooooooooooooooooooooomed

I'll join you in that. I forgot there was even such a sport as football to tell the truth, i've been too busy winning at cricket :D

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't mind. If he has to leave, so be it, and I'll thank him for the service he's given to the club. If we can get someone like Sessegnon he can be replaced fairly simply.

They only way Liverpool's goonies will wake up is when they're running the team in the Championship

Is it true that Hodgson is already gone?

Ah well. Suspect a lengthy watching of SSN is in order just in case lol