Live - Saturday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 3K
Sorry but that the logic you guys go by, as the manager gets the blame for everything. I personally think the players need to take a long hard look at them selves,

Rafa spent 5 years building a team that play short passing football, Roy's come in with a long ball philosophy. The players deeserve some blame, obviously; but Roy needs to fck off.

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Roy just@

"It's a bad result every time you lose, and it's difficult to give an assessment straight after you've been beaten. When we went 1-0 down we were forced to take some risks and they almost got us back into the game so unfortunately not. Most of today we've defended long throws and long ball forward and balls pumped into your penalty area, so it's a very different game to that against Chelsea. It's a special game, this one. You have to defend stoutly and do more going forward than we did."
What the...did he watch.

Sometimes yes managers criticism isn't deserved but surely it's his job to motivate as well?

NESV's deal where they can sack Hodgson without paying compo ends at midnight tonight. Get him out and get in Boas from Porto. Terrific young manager.

So his job is to motivate, should i be blaming fergie for us not winning all our away games this year, no the players deserve the blame

Liverpool, liverpool, liverpoooool, liverpool, liverpool, liverpooooooool. :)
Dunno why that's playing in my head. Oh well, thank you for beating Chelsea :D

So his job is to motivate, should i be blaming fergie for us not winning all our away games this year, no the players deserve the blame

If you think your players are underperforming, take a look at ours. At least your guys showed character in battling back against AV.

IMO you've got an excellent squad which is showing some inconsistency at present & the best manager in the english top flight since Joe Paisley ( it's a killer admitting that ). You're peeved cos you're used to ruling the roost.

LFC have a distinctly average ( apart from the usual suspects ) and under-motivated squad, with a manager who has given the word 'ineptitude' a whole new meaning.

Count your blessings Scotty !

Sometimes yes managers criticism isn't deserved but surely it's his job to motivate as well?

If a player can't motivate himself to try and win a game then he shouldn't be let anywhere near a football pitch.

If you think your players are underperforming, take a look at ours. At least your guys showed character in battling back against AV.

IMO you've got an excellent squad which is showing some inconsistency at present & the best manager in the english top flight since Joe Paisley ( it's a killer admitting that ). You're peeved cos you're used to ruling the roost.

LFC have a distinctly average ( apart from the usual suspects ) and under-motivated squad, with a manager who has given the word 'ineptitude' a whole new meaning.

Joe Paisley? |)

but your squad is Distantly average, So a finish between 12-8th was where i predicted your squad would come before roy took charge, so to me, he is doing what is expected of this squad, unless he is given funds, the squad will get no better, and your be stuck in this rot.

I think you mean Bob Paisley. FACEPALM.

Joe Paisley? |)

My bad

Bob Paisley + Joe Fagan = Joe Paisley

What a silly bunt !

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

but your squad is Distantly average, So a finish between 12-8th was where i predicted your squad would come before roy took charge, so to me, he is doing what is expected of this squad, unless he is given funds, the squad will get no better, and your be stuck in this rot.

Nobody in his right mind should give RH cash to spend for new dawks ( Konchesky & Poulsen )

My bad

Bob Paisley + Joe Fagan = Joe Paisley

What a silly bunt !

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Nobody in his right mind should give RH cash to spend for new dawks ( Konchesky & Poulsen )

He had a very limited budget then, on wages and fees, give him a chance with real money, you never though, he might find you a good player. but he will never be good enough as he will get compared to your precious rafa, even though completely different squads and objectives.

This whole thread is "big" club orientated...

so thought i would give my 50 pence.

i am actually ecstatic coming back from manchester with a clean sheet and a point, i don't care how the game panned out, a point from man city brilliant for us! we never do well against them, i write games off at the start of the season against teams who we just don't pick points from

such as sunderland, bolton, man city all away, we draw them all!!

to draw at man city and end up in the bottom 3 at the end of the weekend, shows how topsy turvy this league is at the moment, and with Chelsea at home next week and fulham away the weekend after "another team i write off" its not looking bright for us blue boys at present with our fixtures up till christmas however after the turn of the year we will turn it around

KEEP RIGHT ON!

He had a very limited budget then, on wages and fees, give him a chance with real money, you never though, he might find you a good player. but he will never be good enough as he will get compared to your precious rafa, even though completely different squads and objectives.

I was no huge RB fan, but he did go out & ATTEMPT to win away games, as you may recall to your team's cost 2 seasons back. This guy is safety first, second & third ( wouldn't be so bad if it actually worked ) & is a style-killer as far as playing football is concerned. It's his playing system that is the MAJOR problem.

Last edited:
i hate when Mark Lawrenson on MOTD said "We" when talking about liverpool. Your meant to be neutral you ****.

My god Elmanders goal was sensational, i would even go as far as saying Bergkamp eske???

Back