• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 4K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

The 2011-12 Premier League season kicks off with the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Norwich and QPR involved alongside a full Championship and lower league programme.

More...

Anyone want to hazard a guess at Arsenal's midfield today?

I predicted 1-3 to Arsenal but completely forgot Nasri/Fab/Wilshere look like they are out of it.

Ramsey - Song - Rosicky ?

With Gervinho LW, Walcott RW and RVP ST?

Not a bad team, only weak link I would say is Rosicky in the midfield.

Vermaelen back will be a boost to the defence, my only worry would be Koscielny/Gibbs...Still not sure on them.

Still think Arsene should have signed Cabaye, he will do wonders at Newcastle and is just the type of player Arsenal could use in the midfield as a rotatory player who can drop in and out and is a proven midfielder. At 6 million as well...He was hardly expensive.

Gervinho will get a debut goal with Walcott and Ramsey getting the other 2. (My goal scorers prediction)

Glad it's the televised game, best pick out of what games are on today for entertainment.

Come on Norwich! :-D

I'm hoping they can do what Blackpool did last season, so my prediction for today is 3-1 to City (Holt x2, Hoolahan).

I reckon Norwich will finish 15-17th, as long as Lambert stays.

Out of the other games, I'd say they'll be wins for Wolves, Villa and Liverpool. Arsenal will probably draw against Newcastle (if they don't replace Nasri and Fabregas, Arsenal are destined for fifth place).

Anyone want to hazard a guess at Arsenal's midfield today?

I predicted 1-3 to Arsenal but completely forgot Nasri/Fab/Wilshere look like they are out of it.

Ramsey - Song - Rosicky ?

With Gervinho LW, Walcott RW and RVP ST?

Not a bad team, only weak link I would say is Rosicky in the midfield.

Vermaelen back will be a boost to the defence, my only worry would be Koscielny/Gibbs...Still not sure on them.

Still think Arsene should have signed Cabaye, he will do wonders at Newcastle and is just the type of player Arsenal could use in the midfield as a rotatory player who can drop in and out and is a proven midfielder. At 6 million as well...He was hardly expensive.

Gervinho will get a debut goal with Walcott and Ramsey getting the other 2. (My goal scorers prediction)

Glad it's the televised game, best pick out of what games are on today for entertainment.

Agreed, will be a Ramsey Song Rosicky partnership. 2-1 Arsenal, although I'm not exactly what you would call confident. RVP and Gerv to score.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Or this:

-----------Chesney------------
Sagna--Kos---Verms--Gibbs
-------Song----Rambo--------
Walcott---Arshavin---Gervinho
------------van Persie-----------

Agreed, will be a Ramsey Song Rosicky partnership. 2-1 Arsenal, although I'm not exactly what you would call confident. RVP and Gerv to score.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Or this:

-----------Chesney------------
Sagna--Kos---Verms--Gibbs
-------Song----Rambo--------
Walcott---Arshavin---Gervinho
------------van Persie-----------

I completely forgot about Arshavin, he would walk into the Chelsea team/half of Europe's teams. (For some reason thought he was injured)

Had a bad patch last season but when Andrei is confident he is one of the deadliest attacking players in world football.

4-2-3-1 with Andrei central would work a treat hope Wenger does ^ rather than the 4-3-3 I suggested with Rosicky.

I completely forgot about Arshavin, he would walk into the Chelsea team/half of Europe's teams. (For some reason thought he was injured)

Had a bad patch last season but when Andrei is confident he is one of the deadliest attacking players in world football.

4-2-3-1 with Andrei central would work a treat hope Wenger does ^ rather than the 4-3-3 I suggested with Rosicky.

Arshavin won't play at AMC - like Nasri, he doesn't suit that role at all. He's more of a second striker than a playmaker.

I think it will be:

Szczesny

Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Gibbs

Song - Ramsey/Rosicky

Walcott - Rosicky/Ramsey - Gervinho

Van Persie​

Arsenal are destined for 6th place, without replacing Fabregas and Nasri, we have a better squad than theirs.
Newcastle 1-1 Arsenal.
Fulham 2-1 Aston Villa, although I hope Villa will ****** a point off the duel.

Arsenal are destined for 6th place, without replacing Fabregas and Nasri, we have a better squad than theirs.
Newcastle 1-1 Arsenal.

Did make me lol.

Anyway, so happy this day is finally here. Hopefully a good result for Arsenal is the outcome.

Newcastle 1-1 Arsenal.

Because you've signed...

A goalkeeper. And failed to sell Modric even though he quite clearly wants to leave and has been publicly open about that.

Even with my bias, I have to say Arsenal still have a stronger squad overall. For a start, you still haven't signed a striker - you'll struggle for 5th imho. Arsenal will be 4th, LFC 5th, Spurs 6th.

Blackburn 2 - 0 Wolves
Fulham 1 - 2 Aston Villa
Liverpool 3 - 1 Sunderland
Newcastle 1 - 2 Arsenal
QPR 1 - 1 Bolton
Wigan 0 - 0 Norwich

Blackburn 2 - 0 Wolves
Fulham 1 - 2 Aston Villa
Liverpool 3 - 1 Sunderland
Newcastle 1 - 2 Arsenal
QPR 1 - 1 Bolton
Wigan 0 - 0 Norwich

Almost the same as these, except QPR 1-2 Bolton and Wigan 1-1 Norwich.

I reckon Arsenal will be put out of the top 4 this year by Liverpool, but to say Spurs have a better squad than Arsenal is ridiculous. Maybe they have a more reliable keeper in Friedel, and maybe the defence is marginally better, but the midfield is not as good as Arsenal's, and they have no striker that comes close to Van Persie.

Back