Live - Sunday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 2K
Good result for Coventry, although the second goal definetly shouldn't have counted.

I think now we are quite close to definetly out of contention for the play-offs, but hey, atleast were not fighting to stay up like we have for the last few years.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Shocking. I expect BIG things in the summer, (a new striker or two, a full midfield overhaul, and a new keeper & a couple of CB's) otherwise, we can settle for just the FA Cup every year. Lampard, Kalou, Mikel, Ballack, Cech, Alex, Malouda and Deco all need to go. All of them are ancient and/or useless. If only Abramovich would open up his chequebook and spend some cash. Torres, Villa, Aguero, Ribery, Silva, Moutinho, Veloso, Hamsik, Chiellini, Pique, Akinfeev - If we get 3 or more of them, THEN we will have a good chance, otherwise, we're done.

Chelsea need to sign Veloso? Are you ******* me. I'm starting to think all what you have just said is purely based on FM.

Pretty poor display to say the least after we started like a team on a mission.
There goes the title for us i think, can't see United slipping up now and i think they'll beat us at OT.
We've also got to go to Anfield and White Hart Lane which aren't the easiest.

We desperately need some new players. Sell Ballack, Deco, Carvalho, Bosingwa, Hilario.
Need some flair in the middle like David Silva and some pacey wingers which we haven't had since Robben. Also a striker, maybe David Villa? + a centre back like T.Silva.

I cant actually beleive whats just come out of some chelsea fans keyboard!

get a grip! its a draw, these things happen in football! theres a long way to go, with many twists and turns.

dont turn on your own team! support it! :/

Good result for Coventry, although the second goal definetly shouldn't have counted.

I think now we are quite close to definetly out of contention for the play-offs, but hey, atleast were not fighting to stay up like we have for the last few years.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Chelsea need to sign Veloso? Are you ******* me. I'm starting to think all what you have just said is purely based on FM.

I think he's a good player, what's the problem with that? The fact is, we need to sign at least 2 CM's that are under 26 in the next 2 years or so, Moutinho, Veloso, and Hamsik would do, surely?

I think he's a good player, what's the problem with that? The fact is, we need to sign at least 2 CM's that are under 26 in the next 2 years or so, Moutinho, Veloso, and Hamsik would do, surely?

what we need is michael essien back

why would those boys go to chelsea? what makes you think all those players will want to go to chelsea

why would those boys go to chelsea? what makes you think all those players will want to go to chelsea

Money? Sadly, thats what most players care about. The problem is, the way we're playing, I don't see any other reason why they'd want to come.

what we need is michael essien back

True, but to be honest, I don't think Mikel is up to scratch at the moment, Ballack is getting too old, and Lampard should be sold while we can still get some decent money out of him.

Last edited:

Same reason Adebayor wanted to go to City, sadly, it's money.

Money? Sadly, thats what most players care about. The problem is, the way we're playing, I don't see any other reason why they'd want to come.

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

True, but to be honest, I don't think Mikel is up to scratch at the moment, Ballack is getting too old, and Lampard should be sold while we can still get some decent money out of him.

Lampard? Sold? That is something Chelsea would never do...

Why would'nt they want to go?
One of the biggest teams in he World, challenging for the title every year and the Champions League.
Some of these player's teams can't guarentee UCL football - every player wants to play at the highest level, so if they have to move to get it then why not? David Villa for example.

One of the biggest teams in he World, challenging for the title every year and the Champions League.
Some of these player's teams can't guarentee UCL football - every player wants to play at the highest level, so if they have to move to get it then why not? David Villa for example.

Villa, Silva, Aguero...
Plus there's players like Dzeko and Ribery who would probably want to move to bigger leagues. The Bundesliga is good, but I'm sure they would both jump at the opportunity to join one of the bigger clubs, either here or in Spain.

We have been talking about english football all day...

i have had Zaragoza V Barca on in the background whilst doing uni work :S

LIONEL MESSI is a GOD with a ball at his feet! he is uncontested in the world of football at the moment, i cant actually believe how good one player can be.

22 years of age and has already achieved so much! The man will be up there with the Globes greatest ever, that is a certainty!

Looks like we suffered from European hangover today, maybe could of got a second penalty but not that bothered about the League these days, we are still competeting in two Cups and our safety is assured. Our final ball was absolutely **** today though, Murphy passes kept going stray :'( Okaka could of equalised as well, I think he is left footed though.

At least the result would of ****** off Spurs, Villa and Liverpool fans though ;)

Hopefully the players will be in a winning mind set on Wednesday night, roll on the FA Cup ;)

David Villa has always said he would never leave Spain, I am sure he has had plenty of chances to leave Valencia but the fact that he hasn't suggests that he won't in the future. I think Atletico ask silly money for Aguero as will Valencia for there players and even Chelsea don't spend more than 30 Million these days.

David Villa has always said he would never leave Spain, I am sure he has had plenty of chances to leave Valencia but the fact that he hasn't suggests that he won't in the future. I think Atletico ask silly money for Aguero as will Valencia for there players and even Chelsea don't spend more than 30 Million these days.

Yes, up untill this season. I watch a lot of Spanish football and their expert
Guillem Balague has been saying for a while now that Villa has stated he's ready to move abroad as he is a huge fan of the Premier League. Last season he didn't say he didn't want to move to England, he said he would prefer to stay in Spain due to family reasons.
That obviously has been resolved now that he's said he's ready to move away from Spain. We'll see though, you can't be too sure unless the player actually says it himself.

Yes, up untill this season. I watch a lot of Spanish football and their expert
Guillem Balague has been saying for a while now that Villa has stated he's ready to move abroad as he is a huge fan of the Premier League. Last season he didn't say he didn't want to move to England, he said he would prefer to stay in Spain due to family reasons.
That obviously has been resolved now that he's said he's ready to move away from Spain. We'll see though, you can't be too sure unless the player actually says it himself.

Hmmm fair enough, a Villa Drogba partnership would be lethal, it seems Anelka likes to go in invisible in games these days. I wonder if Roman will stump up the cash though.

Yes Villa didn't want to before because his girlfriend was pregnant. He has said in a recent video interview he is ready to play in England if the chance occured.

more importantly; fulham are the only west london team playing european football 8-|

we dont need to get rid of malouda or alex all we need and i have said this time and time again is michael essien simple as that.

Looks like we suffered from European hangover today, maybe could of got a second penalty but not that bothered about the League these days, we are still competeting in two Cups and our safety is assured. Our final ball was absolutely **** today though, Murphy passes kept going stray :'( Okaka could of equalised as well, I think he is left footed though.

At least the result would of ****** off Spurs, Villa and Liverpool fans though ;)

You useless Italian-bashing bastards. I hope we serve you here, here and here. *South Park reference*

Back