• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

QPR v Aston Villa is the late Premier League match after Leicester travel to Cardiff in the Championship and St Johnstone host Hearts in the Scottish Premier League.

More...

So, Delph and Insomnia back in in place of Albwighton and the Fonz. No Bent, he's injured. So who the ****'s playing up front if Gabby's on the wing (which he presumably is if there's no Albrighton)? Heskey's injured and Delfouneso's apparently not starting. Andy Weimann? I'd like that.

Happily going to watch it, courtesy of free weekend of sports from Sky :D. Going for a 1-1 for this.

Going for a 3-1 loss, I think. Gabby to put us ahead but Delph will get sent off and we'll capitulate.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

TEAMS:

Villa: Given; Hutton Collins Dunne Warnock; N'Zogbia Delph Petrov Bannan; Ireland; Agbonlahor.

QPR: Kenny; Young Ferdinand Hall Traore; Wright-Phillips Derry Faurlin Barton; Taarabt; Bothroyd.

Going for a 3-1 loss, I think. Gabby to put us ahead but Delph will get sent off and we'll capitulate.

****** ****-thought some Arsenal fans were pessimistic lol. Eagerly waiting for another rock solid performance from Dunne too.

Okay, worked it out. A sort of 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1 cross with Ireland playing off the beast that is Agbonlahor, Bannan and N'Zogbia on the wings. Hum...

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

****** ****-thought some Arsenal fans were pessimistic lol. Eagerly waiting for another rock solid performance from Dunne too.

Heh, just being realistic. Might be the kick we need to properly get started if we lose.

I see us losing today too, lost all confidence in us after going down to the game at Bolton in the week, we were awful. Don't even see us scoring because Ireland just doesn't work. If anything is going to come for us today it will be Bannan and Gabby coming together to make it happen.

Home win. Taarabt to have an absolute blinder!

Have you heard Bannan is on his way to Goodison? (6)

Have you heard Bannan is on his way to Goodison? (6)

You can't afford his right leg mate, which is why I rest safe in the knowledge that your transfer budget consists of half a jaffa cake and a packet of monster munch. :)

Looking at the line up.. Is Bannan playing up front?!
That's how BBC Sport make it look.

You can't afford his right leg mate, which is why I rest safe in the knowledge that your transfer budget consists of half a jaffa cake and a packet of monster munch. :)

That's harsh.........can't even afford spicy space raiders anyway

Looking at the line up.. Is Bannan playing up front?!
That's how BBC Sport make it look.

Left wing.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

That's harsh.........can't even afford spicy space raiders anyway

That's what you get for making horrible insinuations about the midget Scotsman leaving Villa Park!

Left wing.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

That's what you get for making horrible insinuations about the midget Scotsman leaving Villa Park!

Nice to dream though lol. But I do admit though, he's going to be an excellent player. Hopefully Villa can keep hold of him and won't let him get poached by somebody else.

Okay, what I want for this game is for Collins to stop hoofing it, for us to look a reasonable attacking threat, for Weimann and Gardner to get some game time and for Albrighton to get more than a 10 minute ******* cameo at the end.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Nice to dream though lol. But I do admit though, he's going to be an excellent player. Hopefully Villa can keep hold of him and won't let him get poached by somebody else.

Wishful thinking, unfortunately. Only a matter of time before he's sold off to a bigger team. Hopefully we can get a good price for him when he goes though, think he's just signed a new contract.

Was going to ask about Albrighton. Why isn't he getting more game time? It's pretty obvious he's got something, and I am pretty surprised he hasn't got more match time?

If he's able to play on the wing and he's at Villa he'll be leaving soon.
But we did sign all of our youngsters up to new contracts last season, Clark, Bannan, Albrighton, Delfouneso, Herd and I think Weimann so at least we've got a chance to get some money for them since we won't be under pressure to sell.

Albrighton was terrible in the week, maybe Eck has lost confidence in starting him? Saying that, so was Ireland and he's playing so I don't know.

Was going to ask about Albrighton. Why isn't he getting more game time? It's pretty obvious he's got something, and I am pretty surprised he hasn't got more match time?

His place has been taken by N'Zogbia, and Gabby on the other wing. It actually makes sense: we've got few wingers, and this way Albrighton can grow into the role without feeling the pressure of shouldering the burden by himself. On the other hand, he's getting precious little game time, which annoys me. Still, hey ho.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Judging from the people on Twitter, Loftus Road isn't terribly well-designed.

God almighty. Showing highlights of older Villa team and there's some truly woeful hairstyles. Saying that the QPR players aren't much better XD

Sky Sports seem to think Villa are playing a 4-3-3, so shaped like this?

Given
Hutton - Dunne - Collins - Warnock
Delph
Petrov - Ireland
N'Zogbia ------------- Bannan
Agbonlahor​

Back