Live - Wednesday football

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 2K
He has a valid point though.

Milan played **** and you won 4-0, Porto played **** and they won 5-0, but United were 'world class' and Arsenal were 'good' or 'average'.

I was listening to 5 live and the commentators were singing the praises of Aresnal, saying they could win the Champions League, I think it's only really Aresnal haters who were putting a downer on their performance.

Milan played **** and you won 4-0, Porto played **** and they won 5-0, but United were 'world class' and Arsenal were 'good' or 'average'.

its no a valid point at all. its my opionion we were world class just like he can have his own opionion on his team being world class. dont see how peoples views on a forum should bother someone if im honest.

AND if im being honest some more.... A.C Milan are properly a better team than Porto so....

Only United fans were saying it was world class.. Obviously a United fan would say his team played world class whereas an Arsenal fan would say their side were world class.. It's just an opinion.

I was listening to 5 live and the commentators were singing the praises of Aresnal, saying they could win the Champions League, I think it's only really Aresnal haters who were putting a downer on their performance.
Yeah pretty much all of the haters like you said.

Just find it funny how it's 'world class' apparently.

No doubt though United were good, but world class is chucked around in football like a rag doll, used to much.

i hope inter win this so badly, id hate to see man u win it

Yh i didnt comment on arsenal game due to not watching it. this game i can comment on, and i thought utd were amazing.

take into consideration milan are probably a better side than Porto. Both Arsenal and Man Utd played fantastic. You're going off comments on this forum.

Only United fans were saying it was world class.. Obviously a United fan would say his team played world class whereas an Arsenal fan would say their side were world class.. It's just an opinion.

Well said.

take into consideration milan are probably a better side than Porto. Both Arsenal and Man Utd played fantastic. You're going off comments on this forum.
Yeah I am going off comments on this forum as it's discussion within the forum if you get what I mean.

Milan didn't show much in that performance to show they were better than Porto, they probably are when they play well, but based on that performance certainly not.

Yeah I am going off comments on this forum as it's discussion within the forum if you get what I mean.

Milan didn't show much in that performance to show they were better than Porto, they probably are when they play well, but based on that performance certainly not.

considering they play in a better league and are doing better in there league than Porto are in theres + they both performed ****, i dont no how you can come to the conclusion that they clearly arent a better team?

I see what you mean, and there were a couple of lads determined last night to belittle Arsenals performance but I don't think the general consensus on the forum is that Porto were **** and that is why Arsenal won. It was combo of both and its the same tonight.

Personally, I am glad Arsenal and United have made it through. Hopefully Inter dump out Chelsea :)

considering they play in a better league and are doing better in there league than Porto are in theres + they both performed ****, i dont no how you can come to the conclusion that they clearly arent a better team?
I don't know how you can base they are a better team because they play in a better league?

I never said they weren't a better team, if you actually read my post I said when Milan play well they are the better team by quite the margin, but based on that performance it didn't look like it.

Also you cannot say "they are doing better in the league" as they aren't even in the same league.. end of.

How can we come to a conclusion to who is a better team until we see Porto play AC Milan or vice versa, Arsenal and Manchester United have both produced world class performances this week. END OF.

Personally, I am glad Arsenal and United have made it through. Hopefully Inter dump out Chelsea :)

Amen to that.

I don't know how you can base they are a better team because they play in a better league?

I never said they weren't a better team, if you actually read my post I said when Milan play well they are the better team by quite the margin, but based on that performance it didn't look like it.

Well may i apologise as i didn't read your comment like that

Who cares who the better team is? Bottom line, Arsenal and Utd both eased through to the next round. :)

Max simply said based on AC Milan's performance tonight and Porto's last night - they were of similar ability, to which I can't comment because I didn't see tonight's game.

You go around saying it's just my opinion that the Man U performance was world class, and that people who say Arsenal played great can have that opinion, but you are using (ridiculously poorly) points that didn't affect both teams performance on the night to attempt to slate that opinion. Like when you say AC Milan play for a better League, that much is true, but that doesn't mean in every single game they perform to a higher standard than Porto.

(Took too long typing this. Am using the laptop on the craper ;))

Well lets just hope we dont meet a english team in the next round, we always lose:'(

Lets hope we do get you again so we can knock you out again with no worries.

I'd like to think the team has grown since that abysmal performance against Man U last year in the Champions League to be honest, besides... most of the work that led to the goals in that game came from Ronaldo ;)

Back