Liverbirds Soar High

jamgla

Reaction score
Right, im probably gonig to be accused of copying boozad and sean, but i think its such a good idea, plus i got nothing to do these summer holidays.

Basically im Liverpool in my 2nd season after finishing 2nd in my first season.

My Current Squad and Current League Standings

The Echo- Hill's wreckless defending costs hard working Hull

Liverpool 4 - 2 Hull (FA Cup 3rd Round Replay)

Liverpool found this game difficult and had to eventually grind out a 4-2 victory, thanks to agressive defending from Hull giving away two penalties, in which Chivu and Lima made no mistake.

Liverpool did start off well, with Jermaine Pennant striking the post from 18 yards. Hull had come well prepared and played excellent counter attacking football.

Just after the half hour mark Guardado hit a sweet left foot shot, which bamboozled the Hull keeper, after Jermaine Pennant cleverly pulled the ball back for him.

Ex Pompey striker Todorov then levelled the score line after poor marking left Todorov clear to finish a one on one from the penalty area.

Suprisingly next, Hull took the lead after David Prutton's deflected shot beat left reina helpless and could only watch the ball roll into the corner.

Just before the hour mark, Hill climbed unfairly on Jermaine Pennant, the referee immediatley pointed to the spot. Cristian Chivu then hit a curling penalty into the top left corner of the net.

Hill then made his second mistake of the game, and again tackling Jermaine Pennant who's pace was too much for Hull's defending all game. This time wonderkid Leandro Lima stepped up and rolled the ball cooly into the bottom right corner.

Hull then looked disorientated as Liverpool pushed on late to grab a 4th, with wonderkid Leandro Lima slotting home from 12 yards.

Liverpool will surely be worried going into their next match against Reading in the FA Cup, as poor defending nearly cost them the game.

James Glaze had said after the match that he had no worries and is confident his defence can regather themselves for the next match, Liverpool have only conceded 13 goals in 20 Premiership matches so far this season

Last edited:
Ouch a replay against Hull. You must suck. ;)

umm i think unbeaten after 20 games says differently lol

keep postin m8. i'll keep u on track on xfire lol

It's not like Boozad and Sean are the first people to do a story here, I did one with Orgryte a while back but stoped because I was bored. There was a few before me too and plenty on other FM forums. As long as you're happy and enjoy it then who cares what people think. :thup:

The Times - Poor desicion from linesman costs Liverpool

Liverpool 1 - 1 Reading (Fa Cup 4th Round)

Liverpool had gone into this match with plenty of confidence and the wingmen, Guardado and Pennant were causing havoc with pace and good crossing.

Liverpool finally broke the deadlock 5 minutes before half time, when Leandro Lima's hopeful ball upfield found Lucarelli, who smashed home from 18 yards.

Liverpool continued to dominate in the 2nd half, with Flores and Lucarelli coming close many a time.

Reading then scored a controversial goal, as Lita's pass found seol who was standing on the post, who could not miss.

Liverpool boss, James Glaze said
"I am very disappointed, with the desicion, but i can live with it as there has been plenty of lucky decisions for me in my time here, we've got to not let the bad decision get to us, and prepare for the replay."

Liverpool face another replay in the FA Cup, and the tie will be played on the 9th of february

Last edited:
what wes said. A few of us always enjoy a good read so keep us posted.

thanks for the feedback, positive and negative comments are always welcomed

Daily Telegraph - Liverpool Open Up Gap on Chelsea

Liverpool 2 - 0 Bolton (English Premier League)

Liverpool open up 8 point gap on current title holders Chelsea, as they beat Bolton 2-0 at Anfield.

Micah Richards opened up his Liverpool scoring account as he bullets in a header, from Guardado's left side corner after 20 minutes.

After 69 minutes hapless Bolton were reduced to 10 men as Ian Black got sent off for getting into a scrap with Alonso.

This allowed Liverpool to push on for a 2nd, with lucarelli continuing his scoring and places home from 3 yards after a well timed ball from Guardado.

James Glaze commented that it was a great performance and is pleased with the current form Guardado is in.

Liverpool are now unbeaten in 21 games and are looking to follow in arsenal's footsteps and go the whole season unbeaten.

The Echo - Liverpool gamble on youngster

Liverpool have signed young defender Mateo Musacchio from Argentinian club River Plate.

The transfer was completed with just 2 hours and 30 minutes left of the transfer window.

The only problem with the purchase is that Glaze was unable to get a work permit, so he will be loaned to lierse, where Abarca, Jose San Roman and Stefan Babovic are currently trying to get work permits.

Glaze had this statement to make:
"Musacchio is a player with great potential, i have had various scouts watching him over the past month, and ive only been impressed"

The Times - Liverpool Finally Get Beat

Fulham 2 - 1 Liverpool (English Premier League)

Liverpool's hopes of an unbeaten season is over as Collins John scores late on twice to foil Liverpool's dreams.

Liverpool took the lead atfer 65 minutes, when Chivu's long pass found Bruno Mezenga who finished well from a tight angle.

After 78 minutes Diop flattened left winger Guardado, so on came Veronin who was forced to play ut of position, James Glaze also took off Gerrard who had picked up a slight knock, he was replaced by Leandro Lima

After these two injuries, Liverpool seem to lose their momentum and Collins John scored a good free kick just outside the area. Collins John then scored his second of the game, he scored a shot that went in off the post, after beating Chivu's efforts to block.

James Glaze had said
"I would never have expected to go this far in without losing, so im not too disappointed, i thought the team played well until the injuries and they deserved at least a point"

Steven Gerrard will be out for a week with bruised ribs and Guardado will be out for a month with a broken wrist.

The Sun - Goals Galore

Reading 3 - 4 Liverpool (FA Cup 4th Round Replay)

Liverpool just edge past Reading in seven goal thriller.

Lima opened the scoring after a 40 yard pinpoint pass from alonso. Lima took his chance well by rounding the keeper and shooting into a empty net.

Mark Gonzalez help set up the 2nd goal through a magnificent cross that allowed Lima to double his tally for the day.

Liverpool then took a commanding three goal lead when Carragher's free kick found the head of right back Eduardo Rathinho.

The Reading manager must have said something encouraging at half time because Reading came flying out and scored early through Leroy Lita.

Lucarelli made it four by finishing calmly from 10 yards after Pennant had put him through.

Reading had still not given up though and Nicky Shorey curled a super free kick to get the score back to 4-2.

Reading continued to press and managed to grab a 3rd through Irishman Shane Long.

Liverpool managed to hold their nerve though and see the game out.

Glaze had commented after that he was pleased with the result, but the defence need to tighten up a bit more.

Nice read mate, carry on.

One note on your team/tactics....you seem to be leaking a **** of a lot of goals considering the team you are, Liverpool. I don't think that your formation is good enough to stop you conceeding.

Also, in the first screen, not sure why Richards is your DLC!

yeah i was just thinking the same about my tactics, ive got another i can use.

not sure about Micah Richards lol

sportinglife.com - Liverpool may have ruined Wba's chances of top 4

Liverpool 3 - 0 West Brom ( English Premier League)

Liverpool smash WBA as they slim any chances of a dream top 4 finish, due to Arsenal and Man United having games in hand

The Baggies lost strong centre back Curtis Davies, in the 1st minute of the match, after a dirty foul two footed tackle on Flores.

Liverpool took an early lead through Italian striker Antonio Floro Flores, after Pennants back post cross picked out Lucarelli who pulled it back for Flores.

Chivu then achieved his target of 5 goals from the season that Glaze challenged him with, by hitting a sweet free kick from 25 yards out.

Flores then doubled his goals for the day, after lucarelli's long range effort struck the post and it fell nicely for Flores, who couldn't miss.

Glaze commented it was great to beat West Brom as everyone knows i support Wolves, but my 1st commitments do lie here with Liverpool.

Flores had said to Sportinglife that it felt good to get back on the scoresheets after a goal drought and was pleased his manager kept faith in him.

Skysports.com- Fantastic Floro Flores and Magnificent Mezenga

Liverpool 4 - 1 Man City (FA Cup 5th Round)

Liverpool continue there super form as they get one step closer to the highly rated FA Cup.

Mark Gonzalez set up Flores just after the half hour mark. Mark headed the ball accross the face of the goal and Flores just dribbled it in.

At Half Time Glaze decided to see what wonderkid Bruno Mezenga could do, he played superbly, his manager had said it was one of the best substitute appearances he had seen.

He scored twice, once from a cooly taken one on one and a header after a pennant cross, this showed he is a multi talented man and super for the future.

The other Liverpool scorer was Steve Gerrard, who smashed home a 30 yard screamer after Flores held the ball up well for him.

City's goal was from the ex Liverpool player Craig Bellamy, who got sold for 2.5 million on the January transfer window. He scored from the spot after Finnan's professional foul.

Nice to see your defence shaping up a bit, unlucky with the penalty in the lst match, it's always ex players who end up scoring against you lol!

Was wondering if you have changed your tactic or defensive line up in some way before the last two matches?

yeah, i went back to a basic 4-4-2 and set some new player instructions

You should play Chivu DLC and Richards DRC to suit their footedness