ILoveLamp

Reaction score
As you may know, Liverpool have a bit of a habit buying Southampton players in recent years with Van Dijk the latest to move between the two clubs and Lemina now being mooted as the next transfer.

So I've got FM18 after the winter update was released and thought I would start a career seeing how far I can go buy BUYING ONLY Southampton players!

View attachment 63919__________________

View attachment 63920

So it begins. Here is the current choice of Southampton players.

View attachment 63917

We need a goalkeeper but rather than Oblak or Allison I only have Fraser Forster as a choice. I'll stick with our current crop of clown keepers to be honest.

With ex-Southampton player Clyne out long term injured I have made my first purchase from our feeder club on the south coast...

View attachment 63916

Last edited:
This is a really interesting save, I'm looking forward to seeing how this continues to go. A very good start so far, who knows... you could capture that elusive Premier League title. ;)

Getting Liverpool top of the league is good, but getting Alberto Moreno to score 5 goals in 23 games is even better!

January Window 2018

-- Liverpool Transfers --

View attachment 63369

Couldn't turn down the offers for Milner (who wasn't really playing) and Matip (now Gomez can start)

-- Southampton Transfers --

View attachment 63368

Our transfer policy depends on Southampton buying decent players. This window hardly set the world alight.

View attachment 63370

Only really Hoedt and Lemina on the radar currently.

-- 2018 League Cup Final --

View attachment 63365

A more one-sided cup final than the scoreline suggests.

(as has been the case with the last few editions of Football Manager the opposition seem to score with every shot on target)

February/March 2018

View attachment 63357

View attachment 63358

Its getting hot in here!!

A first cup secured in the League Cup final and progress in the UCL. However, knocked out by Chelsea in the FA Cup means no quadruple
;).

Typical FM results versus Man Utd and Southampton (the feeder club) has blew open the title race. Can we hold on??

Not a bad way to win the title! You're doing amazingly in the Champions League also - could a treble be on the cards? I'd think so!