Summer window 2019

-- Liverpool --

View attachment 61839

A quiet one for ourselves. Refused some big offers for Salah from Real Madrid. Having already lost Firmino and Mane I dont want to risk losing Salah with only really Woodburn and Origi to lead the line.

-- Liverhampton --

View attachment 61838

Former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers came in to Southampton around February. He steadied the ship and has just had a great transfer window, the best by the feeder club yet. Some potential future signings there. It would be good to see them compete for a European spot. Better finance and prestige equal better players.

October/November 2019

View attachment 61703

Started well but rested the first team in the League Cup and we were dumped out. Followed that up by another defeat against Everton to make matters worse. However, we regrouped with wins over Chelsea and Utd to regain top spot.

Origi setting records in the UCL with 6 goals against Shakhtar

View attachment 61702

January 2020 Window

-- Liverpool (only outs) --

View attachment 61519

Grujic was leaving on a free so cashed in now. Solanke was making some appearances off the bench but with Salah and Ings a couple of weeks away from full fitness I decided to loan him out for more game time

-- Southampton (ins) --

View attachment 61518

-- Southampton (outs) --

View attachment 61517

Oberlin looks to have potential. I like and need some pace up front so we'll keep a close eye on him.

I considered a bid for Sorloth as cover for the likes of Ings and Sturridge who love a good injury but I opted against in the end.

View attachment 61516

UCL SEMI FINALS

- 1st Legs -

View attachment 61510

- 2nd Legs -

View attachment 61509

I honestly thought we'd given ourselves too much to do after the first leg thriller but we followed that up with another goal fest.

Chelsea defeat means there is no all-English final but old foes AC Milan await.

League and Cup Double

View attachment 61507

View attachment 61508

The league was won with a few games to spare but we were run close despite the final points difference.

The 2020 FA Cup Final will be known as the Mo Salah Final. Unplayable.

Barcelona are sniffing around him now.

UCL FINAL 2020
(Wembley, London)

View attachment 61504

Magic Mo followed up his 4 in the FA Cup last week with another 3 here in Wembley.

With a goal every 80 minutes I wonder what he would have achieved had he not missed a large chunk of the season with a broken leg.

View attachment 61503

View attachment 61506

View attachment 61505

Southampton flirted with the Europa League spots for a while before eventually settling in 9th position. I've been trying to include them in deals when I am selling or loaning players out but they aren't bidding.

I might pause here and maybe add a second manager in charge of Southampton as mentioned earlier in the thread.

However I will set some rules like only signing players under 23 for example. And involving a certain number of youth academy players in the match day squads.

The only thing that stopped me doing this earlier was I didn't know how to deal with transfers bids between the two. Having watched it now from the outside I think Southampton are selling players too cheap to both me and others.

For example I am about to bid for Adoulaye Doucoure because Chelsea and Real Madrid are sniffing around him. His market value is £26.5m. Southampton have accepted a bid of £30m.

If I do add a Southampton manager I will set a rule that Liverpool must pay twice the market value for a Southampton player so Doucoure would actually cost £53m for example. And perhaps Southampton get first refusal on any players Liverpool are selling or loaning out.

View attachment 61410

Some rules:

- Southampton can only buy players aged 23 and under
- At least one Southampton youth graduate in match day squad
- Liverpool must pay double market price for Southampton players
- Southampton can accept lower bids from other clubs - the player then decides
- Players can move to Southampton from Liverpool if no other club interested

Feel free to suggest any other rules.

Last edited:
Solanke joins Southampton on loan for the season. He needs games and Southampton will give him that.

View attachment 61399

Andy Hillman - The youth player who is guaranteed a match day squad spot under the rules. Could be a future Liverpool player

View attachment 61400

Pablo Maffeo - Man City to Southampton - £4m : A steal and one area we are weak in.

View attachment 61398

Callum Martin - Southampton graduate with great potential in a era when centre backs are lacking. A future Liverpool player.

View attachment 61397

Eser Dag - Great name, great potential also.

View attachment 61396

Darren Slater - Young Saints keeper destined for the top

View attachment 61395

Summer 2020 Window

- Liverpool -

View attachment 61393

Nothing major at Liverpool. Wijnaldum left but he was only a back up anyway.

- Southampton -

View attachment 61394

Gibson and Dendoncker were signed by Rodgers before Willie Stroker was appointed. Surprised by the size of the Southampton squad when I took over. They've spent Liverpool's money on quantity rather than quality. I will give the current players till January before adding any major signings myself.

Season 2020/21 (Nov 1st)

- Liverpool -

View attachment 61284

- Southampton -

View attachment 61283

- Table -

View attachment 61282

Liverpool lead the way but a surprise package in 2nd as Willie Stroker gets off to a flyer. However, 3 points between 2nd and 11th masks the reality.

Stand out players

Joe Gomez - 6 goals in 15 appearances for a centre back!
View attachment 61281

Gabbiadini - Was transfer listed and on the way out when I arrived but all is good now and a key player.

View attachment 61280

January 1st 2021

- Liverpool -

View attachment 60896

A busy schedule but we remain the team to beat in the league. We also add the Club World Cup to the UEFA Super Cup and Community Shield we have already won this season.

View attachment 60893

- Southampton -

View attachment 60894

The fairytale seems to be showing no signs of ending as we remain among the pack chasing Liverpool. Bouncing back from the thrashing by Leicester to hammer Man Utd 6-0 was particularly good.

View attachment 60897

- Star Performers -

Former Southampton player Raul has been great in recent weeks after a run in the team. 12 goals in 8 Champions League and World Club Cup games.

View attachment 60898

Solanke - on loan from Liverpool - is finding some good form with 9 goals and 9 assists in the EPL.

View attachment 60895

A first transfer between Masif Dong and Willie Stroker??

View attachment 60887

Southampton's form hasn't went unnoticed as Real Madrid submit a bid for Abdoulaye Doucoure.

I agreed a £35m rising to £49.5m deal with Madrid.

Following the rules set out when I added the second manager Liverpool must pay double his market value which is £25.5m so £51m up front.

Now the player decides...

January Window 2021

After Doucoure opted to move to Anfield from Southampton a bit of a transfer merry-go-round happened after Real Madrid signed Liverpool's former Saints defender Wesley Hoedt for a free of up to £51m.

View attachment 60736

Duje Caleta-Car is the latest to swap Southampton for Liverpool in a £20.5m deal.

View attachment 60735

Southampton then invested in a few centre backs. One for the present and two for the future.

View attachment 60737

View attachment 60734

View attachment 60733