January Window 2021 Summary

- Liverpool -

View attachment 60732

- Southampton -

View attachment 60731

Didn't replace Doucoure because we have Lemina, Hojberg, Romeu, Dendoncker and Vieira all competing for two spaces.

Also cleared out some of the players I inherited but didn't fit into our system.

- 2021 League Cup Final -

View attachment 60298

Masif Dong v Willie Stroker in the FA Cup semi final

View attachment 60297

- Liverpool -

View attachment 60300

- Southampton -

View attachment 60299

- Table -

View attachment 60296

Liverpool (with 9 ex-Southampton players) continue to dominate the league.

Southampton have hit a bit of a rough patch and have slipped down to 5th. It would have been good at the start of the season but now I'll be hugely disappointed if we don't get a UCL spot.

View attachment 60294

Qualification for the Europa League came at a cost to both Liverpool and Southampton as on-loan Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke damages his cruciate ligaments. 20 goals and 17 assists in 37 appearances for the Saints.

View attachment 60293

FINAL DAY DRAMA

View attachment 60295

With one game to go Southampton sit 5th but only 2 points off second place. How will it end??

City and Arsenal play each other at the Emirates.

Southampton are away to Chelsea!

Summer Window 2021

LIVERPOOL

West Ham offered £21m for a 33 year old Simon Mignolet so I accepted and re-signed Loris Karius from Southampton for £38.5m (double his market value as per the rules).

That's now over £250m spent on Southampton players.

View attachment 59950

SOUTHAMPTON

Being in the Champions League means we need much more squad depth so we splashed out a bit.

Kamara - £17.75 from Marseilles

View attachment 59956

Field - £8.75m from Norwich

View attachment 59955

Bande - £20.5m from Ajax

View attachment 59951

Badiashile - £10.5m from Monaco

View attachment 59952

With the extra fixtures we will have at Southampton it is perhaps time to look at the youth team players and involve more of them in the first team.

The highlighted ones are this years crop. Below that you can see we have a few highly rated prospects also.

View attachment 59953