Liverpool 0-0 Fulham

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool's hopes of qualifying for the Champions League take another huge blow as they fail to break down resolute Fulham despite dominating possession.

More...

1. Rafa must go.
2. N'Gog is ****.
3. We are nothing without Torres.
4. How the **** we didn't score I'll never know.
5. Europa League next season it is.
6. 4th place = Congratulations Man City.

1. Rafa must go.
2. N'Gog is ****.
3. We are nothing without Torres.
4. How the **** we didn't score I'll never know.
5. Europa League next season it is.
6. 4th place = Congratulations Man City.

Understatement Of The Year.

People are saying we'll end up in the Europa league...we may not, there's a lot around us.
I've always said we'll never win the league with Benitez, he's too negative,when we're 1 down away he'll bring a sub on at 70 minutes,then at 80.
We don't have enough going into the box,it's always Torres alone and the crosses don't get past the first man

Didn't see the game but on the face of it this is a very poor result for Liverpool

Seriously lads, if you're going to dogpile on a 21 year old striker for not being Torres then you should move over to support Chelsea. They've got a 20 year old striker who cost several times what we paid for N'Gog but who hasn't scored all season (is N'Gog on 7 goals for the season in all competitions?) - that they don't need to play him as often because they happen to have two 30 million quid rated strikers at the peak of their careers is perhaps important too. N'Gog is a talented young lad who has performed at about his current level this season (1 goal in every four or five matches). He'll continue to improve as he gets more clinical and more selfish in front of goal.

Didn't watch the match (teh horrorz - have an article to finish for tomorrow on Early Medieval Welsh metalwork), but the weaknesses in our squad have been known since summer and the only thing which will fix it is money and lots of it.

According to my mates we were all over them for most of the match and just missed a quality finish to moves. Story of the season and hardly Rafa playing defensively. Woy played defensively today and it worked out, just, for him. He'll get plaudits for playing 10 men behind the ball and we'll get criticised for not being able finish the moves which opened them up. Such is life.

We deserved to win today we had 20-odd attempts at goal, I thin Fulham had 2 or 3? If only Rafa started Kuyt up front with Maxi on the right, why he played N'gog in such a match is beyond me. Babel had a great game and why he brought him off, I don't know, he really should of replaced Benayoun with Maxi instead. Gerrard was also great today. We're just not clinical enough without Fernandro, simple as.

oh well, let city embarass themselves in europe (6)

Do you really think that will happen? Once City have finished 4th, big players will won't to move there, and with City having the money that that do? Who knows who they might end up signing.

Personally, I was pretty pleased with this result, we were very hard to break down but didn't offer much on the counter. I was not pleased when Hodgson ordered the players back for our last set piece though, I mean what ever happened to smash and grab.

I always feel that we have a much better chance against 'pool when Torres isn't playing because I am sure it would of been a different Story if he was. Gerrard has really lost his match winning ability this year, haven't seen as many 25 yarders which is concerning considering the World Cup is just around the corner.

City are going to re-write the record books regarding transfers during the summer so I think they'll do ok, probably better than Liverpool did this season and might end up really pretty far into the competition.

Personally, I was pretty pleased with this result, we were very hard to break down but didn't offer much on the counter. I was not pleased when Hodgson ordered the players back for our last set piece though, I mean what ever happened to smash and grab.

I always feel that we have a much better chance against 'pool when Torres isn't playing because I am sure it would of been a different Story if he was. Gerrard has really lost his match winning ability this year, haven't seen as many 25 yarders which is concerning considering the World Cup is just around the corner.

You can't just expect Gerrard to bail us out with 25 yarders in every game where we can't break the deadlock.

I'm going to risk being hung for heresy but I think Gerrard is now starting to decline as a player and we could do worse than to sell him to some daft club with a lot of money to spend who don't realise that he's past his best in the summer.

Back