Liverpool 0-0 Fulham

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 3K
A bit ahead of yourself?

yeah just alittle bit i dunno why but fulham have caught my eye in europe so much that i knew the dates of fulham v wolfsburg but not man utd v bayern lol

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

anyone out there?

no, expesh when you call yourself a manchester united fan but couldn't even tell when we played bayern munich, how did you not no?

Seriously lads, if you're going to dogpile on a 21 year old striker for not being Torres then you should move over to support Chelsea. They've got a 20 year old striker who cost several times what we paid for N'Gog but who hasn't scored all season (is N'Gog on 7 goals for the season in all competitions?) - that they don't need to play him as often because they happen to have two 30 million quid rated strikers at the peak of their careers is perhaps important too. N'Gog is a talented young lad who has performed at about his current level this season (1 goal in every four or five matches). He'll continue to improve as he gets more clinical and more selfish in front of goal.

Which Chelsea striker are you referring to?

no, expesh when you call yourself a manchester united fan but couldn't even tell when we played bayern munich, how did you not no?

well to be honest falling away from football for the time being got loads of exams and **** but everytime i tune into the football they are always on bout fulhams great form lol call me a bad utd fan

Daniel Sturridge I would imagine

Daniel Sturridge cost a pittence for a young, vibrant, english man who has a bright future, and if Sturridge V N`Gog on apps / goals im sure Sturridges ratio would be higher

i didnt realise aquilani had done yet more damage again. agree on torres, hes one of the best finishers ive seen, top class player.

i think the glaszers are in for an interesting ride this summer, aso of januray the 80million form ronaldo was still in the bank, we'll finind out this summer if it goes on transfers or loans, if its the latter, the could be real discontent. SAF's reign may be coming to an end in the near future, but he wont leave the club in a shambles if he can help it

two great clubs with unclear futures, what a shame

You seem the most honest, un-biased Manchester United fan on this forum, and for that. I salute you.

Daniel Sturridge cost a pittence for a young, vibrant, english man who has a bright future, and if Sturridge V N`Gog on apps / goals im sure Sturridges ratio would be higher

Nah, tbh as much as I hate N'gog his ratio goals to game ratio is not bad. I'm sure it would be higher than Sturridge's.

Aquilani was dreadful again today, he's not the type of player we need. He gets caught on the ball too much,and is a ******.
I've been saying Gerrard has had an awful season,all season and been ****-raped for it :S

Yeah because Gerrard hasn't had an awful season. He has been below what we expect of Gerrard hence the discussion about his future. Not once has anyone said he has had an awful season. Dreadful is an exaggeration of how Alberto played today, we knew it was going to take time for him to get used to England and it looks like he will be better next season. Rafa bought Aquliani so we would come away from relying on Xabi's passes, instead, including a box to box midfieler which has been Lucas most of the time this season hence his better form but this is where Aquilani would generally play. He does get caught on the ball a lot but do you watch Italian football? It is very, very slow so it is just going to take time for him to get used to it. Look at Lucas, he was a very poor player in the first season and a half, but now we are starting to see why he was Brazilian player of the year a couple of seasons back.

ok first things first, sturridge will be 10 times the player of n gog if chelsea play him correctly, end of, secondly, aquilani is now awful, he wasnt too good today but i watch alot of italian football and its slow as ****, he could have walked the defences there, anyway he will become a decent player, but i dont think hes good enough to fill the shoes of xabi alonso

ok first things first, sturridge will be 10 times the player of n gog if chelsea play him correctly, end of, secondly, aquilani is now awful, he wasnt too good today but i watch alot of italian football and its slow as ****, he could have walked the defences there, anyway he will become a decent player, but i dont think hes good enough to fill the shoes of xabi alonso

Despite me hating N'Gog Joe, he is still going to become a good player. And Sturridge will to, but he's not going to be that much better then N'Gog will be.

Why are people slating Alberto? If you watched him today You would have seen that he was maybe 1 of our best players. He was getting forward, making good passes, and trying to make stuff happen. And it's his 1st season in the league and he's yet to play regular football. Cut his some slack.

I doubt he will be 10 times the player of him. I have hardly seen anything of Sturridge but if he is as good as your saying would of got himself at least 10 goals this season. Aquilani isn't now awful, and you cannot compare him to Alonso they are completely opposite midfielders.

from a united fans point of view, i think sturridge will turn out the better player. he hasnt done much at chelsea but was always good when playing for city. only think n'gog has ever done was dived against birmingham to win a penalty.

from a united fans point of view, i think sturridge will turn out the better player. he hasnt done much at chelsea but was always good when playing for city. only think n'gog has ever done was dived against birmingham to win a penalty.

And.. Scored against Manchester United. Not a bad thing to have on one's CV is it? (H)

And people forget, despite his dive? His goal was epic.

freddy eastwood has scored a goal against manchester united, look how he turned out.

N'Gog cost 1.5 million and has scored 13 goals in 67 senior appearances at Liverpool and PSG. He has scored 6 goals in 30 premier league appearances.

Sturridge cost 3.5 million (potentially rising to 6.5 million) with a 15% sell on clause, and has scored 10 goals in 50 senior appearances at Chelsea and Manchester City. He has scored 5 goals in 33 premier league appearances (none in 12 appearances for Chelsea).

How come Sturridge is seen as a bright prospect for the future but N'Gog is useless?

Let's contrast them with a couple of other players at that age:

Owen had scored 59 in 116 appearances (49 in 95 league games).

Shearer had scored 8 in 50 appearances (6 in 41 league games).

Obviously Shearer turned out to be an absolute carthorse while Owen's goalscoring exploits have continued as he matured...

Back