Liverpool 3-4-1-2: Total Football

Liverpool 3-4-1-2: Total Football 1

chamada

Jul 8, 2018
My recommendation is you change your mentality to Balanced and on away games or when holding on to a result - mostly against top opposition - change the formation to the 3-5-2.

jakobkp

Apr 29, 2010
Even though you said not to. I have found a bit more solid defence in putting the wingers, a slot down, as Wingbacks (attack). I believe that when not playing an absolute top tier team, the defence struggles a bit - that's what i saw, getting beaten 3-0 against PSG and Atl Madrid with F.C. Copenhagen.

i also changed the back-three roles, with a Librero (support) and 2 BPD(defence) on the sides. i'm not sure if this is the best setup - but the central defender got beaten to often, in my team.

But i love the build-up play, with the 3 midfielders and goals are lovely!

chamada

Jul 8, 2018
Even though you said not to. I have found a bit more solid defence in putting the wingers, a slot down, as Wingbacks (attack). I believe that when not playing an absolute top tier team, the defence struggles a bit - that's what i saw, getting beaten 3-0 against PSG and Atl Madrid with F.C. Copenhagen.

i also changed the back-three roles, with a Librero (support) and 2 BPD(defence) on the sides. i'm not sure if this is the best setup - but the central defender got beaten to often, in my team.

But i love the build-up play, with the 3 midfielders and goals are lovely!
Turning wingers to wing backs means your CBs will be too narrow instead of covering a bit more of the wings and against teams playing with on striker you got 3 against 1 in the middle, the wingers help battle for possession higher upfield. But Whatever works for your team.

jakobkp

Apr 29, 2010
I have gone back to the original formation. But i am struggling to get wingers, left striker and defenders to perform well.
Especially wingers and defenders are performing poorly. nothing more than 7.05 for a whole season on a league winning squad :( conceeding 29 in 33 matches, and wingers delivering way to few assist. Any recommendations?