samiz

Reaction score
Squad:

Transfers in:
Transfers out:

Hope I'll be able to keep this active, starting it because I'm bored though.

Liverpool confirm Rodgers departure
Liverpool Football Club can today confirm the departure of manager Brendan Rodgers. The club will be immedietly looking for a new manager that will take us forward in to the 2012/13 Premier League Season. Everybody at the club wishes Brendan the best in his future.

Tobin to become Rodgers' successor
Sky sources understand that Liverpool owner John W. Henry earlier today held a private meeting with Sam Tobin in Boston. We can confirm he will take over at the club later today. More to follow.

Last edited:

Liverpool unveil new manager
Liverpool football club today have officially revealed their new manager, Sam Tobin. Virtually unknown, it's a big challenge for the twenty five year old. He fits in with John W. Henry's project of a young team, with potential. Sam Tobin will become the youngest manager in the Premier League, and earlier today the club held a press conference.

Tobin said, "It's a huge honour. You look back at the past managers of this football club - Kenny Dalglish, Rafa Benitez, Bill Shankly, Paisley. And now me - it hasn't quite sunk in. Of course, it's a huge challenge. You look at the history of the club, and realise we shouldn't be in the state we're in. We should be up there with the best. The owners are doing a terrific job with the club and hopefully we'll be back where we belong."

Asked about transfers, he said, "Obviously it will be harder to attract the bigger players. They want Champions League - we don't have that. Then again, the history and prestige of the club alone makes it still one of the biggest in the world. Am I looking to bring anyone in? I don't know. We've got a great squad, with the likes of Stevie Gerrard, Luis and Daniel Sturridge. Obviously there's always going to be room for improvement, but it's early days."

Asked about past experienced, Tobin joked, "Experience? Well a couple of years ago I played Football Manager," he joked. However he then went on to state, "I'm not joking". That concluded an awkward and enthusiastic press conference.

Fixture list revealed
Sam Tobin has a tricky start to his Liverpool career. The Reds open their season at home to Swansea City. First Five Games:

Swansea City (Home)
Fulham (Away)
Aston Villa (Home)
Arsenal (Home)
Chelsea (Away)

Liverpool move for Butland
Sky Sources understand that Liverpool have made a bid of around £3 million for Stoke's Jack Butland. It seems unlikely that Begovic will be making a move to Manchester United, meaning he will likely stay as their first choice goalkeeper. Pepe Reina is twenty nine and there is little speculation he could be moving elsewhere. However sources understand that the club want to keep Reina and buy Jack Butland as a future replacement.

Meanwhile, Liverpool's Coady and John Flanagan have gone out on loan to Crawley and Brighton repsectively.

Reds play out disappointing draw
Vitesse (Kashia 45') 1-1 Liverpool (Enrique 45')

Sam Tobin started his competitive Liverpool career
off with a disappointing point in Vitesse. The home side started off more comfortably and, took the lead after horrendous goalkeeping from Reina on the stroke of half time. His punch fell straight to the path of Kashia who tapped in to an open goal.

However, the Reds immedietly responded with a rare goal from Jose Enrique. He brought the ball into the penalty area before smashing into the goalkeepers near post. Liverpool dominated the rest of the game but Gerrard and co. couldn't take their chances.

After the match, Tobin said, "It was disappointing, yeah. But that's our first game of the season, we're bound to be a little shaky. Away games are never easy and the next fixture's at Anfield. With no direspect to Vitesse, I won't be happy if we don't progress."

Asked about Jack Butland, Tobin conceded defeat. "Stoke want a ridiculous amount of money for such a young goalkeeper - we'll look elsewhere."

When asked about Roma's Lamela and Lorenzo Insigne, he declined to comment.

Liverpool leave it 'til late
Liverpool 3 (Suso 23' Sturridge 89' Carragher 90')
Vitesse 1 (Bony 47')

It was another unconvincing performance from Sam Tobin's Reds, but Liverpool are through to the next round after a 4-2 aggregate win over Vitesse. Liverpool started off in control and Suso gave Liverpool a well deserved lead just after 20 minutes. However, Vitesse than began to take charge of the game. Drenthe caused havoc down the left and eventually set up Bony for the equalizer just after half time.

Sturridge however saved Liverpool's blushes in the 89th minute, heading home a Luis Suarez cross. Carragher made sure of the win from a corner kick in stoppage time.

BREAKING: Liverpool in talks over Isco

In a saga that has obviously been kept very quiet, sources can reveal that Liverpool are in talks with Malaga over the sale of promising midfielder Isco. Liverpool have reportedly offered around £15 million for the 20 year old.

Isco would fit in well with the owner's project, and would massively boost Liverpool's attacking strength.

More to follow.

Club confirm Isco signing
Liverpool can today confirm the signing of Isco from Malaga, for an undisclosed fee. The midfielder yesterday passed his medical and will be available for Liverpool's match against Swansea City.

He will wear the number 12 shirt.

Yeah mate, good start so far. Looking forward to see how you do with liverpool cos they are always rubbish on my saves. Take a look at my FC Porto story and let me know what you think

Following 2,but I'd like a few screenshots to keep this more user-friendly.

Im following too. It will be intersting for me to compare my progress as liverpool to yours.

Thanks guys I'll keep playing, enjoying this save. Added a few screenshots to the OP too

Liverpool start on a high

Liverpool 2 (Enrique 33' Sturridge 56')
Swansea 0
Sam Tobin's Liverpool kicked off their Premier League campaign with a fine win over Swansea City. The Reds controlled most of the match in which new signing Isco made his debut for the club. Another rare goal from on form defender Jose Enrique put Liverpool ahead after half an hour, and Swansea seemed down and out.

Promising youngster Daniel Sturridge improved his growing relationship with Luis Suarez, and it was the Englishman who doubled the lead on 56' minutes with a fine effort. A disappointing performance from the Swans, but a promising three points for the Merseyside team.

The Statistics:

Early strikes destroy Villains
Liverpool 3 (Suarez 3' Coates 12' Lucas 90')
Aston Villa 1 (Benteke 88')

Liverpool struck early twice at Anfield to kill off Aston Villa. Sam Tobin set up an attacking approach which seemed to work, with Liverpool controlling the game from the start. Inside just three minutes Luis Suarez found the net for the first time this season. Just ten minutes later promising defender Sebastian Coates doubled the league from a Liverpool corner. It was too little too late in the eighty eighth minute, with Benteke scoring what would only be a consolation for the Villains. Lucas piled on the misery with the last action of the game, tapping in a cross to make sure of the points.

It's two wins from two for Sam Tobin's Liverpool, who next entertain Arsenal at Anfield. "It's obviously going to be a tough match," said Tobin. "It always is with Arsenal. However, you've got to look towards the positives. They're without Wilshere, Cazorla and Aaron Ramsey. We've got as much of a chance as they have."

"Sensational" comeback from Reds

Liverpool 4 (Suarez 33' Coutinho 43' Sturridge 50' Allen 87')
Arsenal 2 (Podolski 23' Giroud 29')

Sam Tobin hailed his Liverpool team as sensational after they came back from two goals down to claim three points against Arsenal. The Reds surprisingly started off the game very slowly, and after a horrendous mistake from Enrique, Podolski was gifted a goal to put the Gunners 1-0 up. Liverpool were a demotivated side and Olivier Giroud made them pay a few minutes later, poking past Pepe Reina.

Liverpool needed something special and got it immediately. Luis Suarez received the ball on the left, cut inside and smashed an unstoppable shot past the Arsenal goalkeeper. From then on, it was all Liverpool. On the stroke of half time, Daniel Sturridge let fly from the edge of the area. Szczesney humiliated himself, kicking the ball away straight into the path of Coutinho who made no mistake of equalizing.

The second half was controlled by the Reds. And just five minutes in to the half, Daniel Sturridge scored a stunning goal leaving Szczesney hopeless for the third time. Liverpool missed chance after chance, before substitute Joe Allen tapped in from close range to make sure of the victory. Liverpool have now won three from three.

Match stats:

League Table:

Liverpool win in Carrow Road thriller

Norwich City 2 (Holt 43' 78')
Liverpool 4 (Gerrard 4' Suarez 11' 73' Henderson 44')

Unbeatable Liverpool won yet again with a stunning performance at Carrow Road. Steven Gerrard opened the scoring early on, as Liverpool piled on the pressure. Suarez, who previously scored six goals in two games at Carrow Road, added to the lead about five minutes later. Holt pulled one back before Henderson immediately responded to put the Reds 3-1 up at the break.

Luis Suarez found the bottom corner to make it 4-1, but was not to get another hat trick. Holt pulled back what was only to be a consolation goal.

Late birthday present for Tobin
Liverpool manager Sam Tobin has won the Premier League manager of the month award for September. He guided the Reds to comfortable victories over Aston Villa, Arsenal and Norwich City. Tobin, who celebrated his 26th birthday on the 28th, said, "It's a dream start for the team. Everybody involved - the staff, the players - everybody associated with the club is putting in 110% and it's paying off in our stunning performances. I'll take this award, but I'll take it on behalf of Liverpool Football Club.

Results from July-October:

League Table (1/10/2012):

[I hope some people are enjoying reading this as much as I am playing]

Last edited:

Fans' vote: Are you happy with Isco's performances?