• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool sign England midfielder Joe Cole on a four-year deal following his release by Chelsea.

More...

Wow a great deal for Liverpool in my opinion, seems like a good swap for Benayoun now.

I don't often get jealous of Liverpool and what they do but today I can honestly say I am. United have missed out on a top top player here and he has joined are biggest rivals, not good

Good deal for Liverpool, bad deal for Cole. He's joining a team on a downward slope when he had the oppurtunity to join Spurs, one of the PL's most exciting and progressive teams that can also offer him CL football whereas Liverpool cannot. I guess the only thing that may have stopped him joining Spurs is the fact that they probably couldn't have guaranteed him first team football week in week out as he is no better than what they've already got (Modric).

Chelsea made a big mistake selling Cole. He pops up with the unexpected, has exceptional skill and vision. Hodgsons rubbing his hand no doubt.

Good deal for Liverpool, bad deal for Cole. He's joining a team on a downward slope when he had the oppurtunity to join Spurs, one of the PL's most exciting and progressive teams that can also offer him CL football whereas Liverpool cannot. I guess the only thing that may have stopped him joining Spurs is the fact that they probably couldn't have guaranteed him first team football week in week out as he is no better than what they've already got (Modric).

I wouldn't want him at Tottenham for the price he's earning at Liverpool.

him choosing liverpool over a team in the champions league proves his only in it for the money

Great bargain by Roy Hodgson. Joe Cole for Yossi Benayoun, bad deal by Ancelotti though... still, time will tell whether this trade is worth it or not

Are you at all shocked by that given today's state of football?

nah not really mate about 90 % of footballers now days are money grabbing whores and care more about earning 90 k a week then winning the barclays premier league

Well I'll be blowed - I did not see that coming. I thoughr arsenal & spurs were clear favourites to sign JC.
Have a bad feeling it's for the money, but after the insanity going on at man city, you have to say that's the state of football these days - cash talks.

Great signing for LFC & a badly-needed shot in the arm for depressed fans of the reds !

i did have alot of time for joe cole but now i have changed my mind totaly. yes i thank him for the memories and his performances he put in mostly good for chelsea but this is a huge sign of greed. well done pool for the signing i have nothing against them in all this at all. im pretty sure he said he wanted champions league football??? it looks to me as if he went to the first team who actually offerd him what he wanted, he is apparently a chelsea fan is he **** chelsea offered him 80k a week and he rejected. all i can say is if he is really like this then im glad his left. chelsea bring through josh mcearchran the new injury free joe cole.

Are you at all shocked by that given today's state of football?

Yes because Liverpool are a smaller club than Tottenham now just because they failed to reach the Champions League for the first year since like 2004 :S

It's been going on for years now, Essien, Tevez to name a few. Major honours means very little these days, it's all about money. The size of the club doesn't come in to it no more either I mean, David silva to city, a small club with more money than sense.

To be honest I don't think this is a good move for Joe Cole's career, he could easily have been playing for a team that has Champions League football this year and is in a better position to challenge for the title, however he has opted for Liverpool despite what he reportedly said about wanting to stay in London etc. I guess Arsenal and Tottenham didn't appeal to him.

Great signing for Liverpool though it has to be said, not only does he have great ability, but I would think the signing of such a quality player will reassure players in question of staying like Torres and Gerrard that Liverpool intend on getting the best players in to try and break back into the top 4.

Would have liked him at Arsenal to be honest.

To be honest I don't think this is a good move for Joe Cole's career, he could easily have been playing for a team that has Champions League football this year and is in a better position to challenge for the title, however he has opted for Liverpool despite what he reportedly said about wanting to stay in London etc. I guess Arsenal and Tottenham didn't appeal to him.

Great signing for Liverpool though it has to be said, not only does he have great ability, but I would think the signing of such a quality player will reassure players in question of staying like Torres and Gerrard that Liverpool intend on getting the best players in to try and break back into the top 4.

Would have liked him at Arsenal to be honest.
He would have suited Arsenal perfectly

It's been going on for years now, Essien, Tevez to name a few. Major honours means very little these days, it's all about money. The size of the club doesn't come in to it no more either I mean, David silva to city, a small club with more money than sense.

That's not really fair, you cannot condemn every player from chosing one team other another. As you say 'major honours means very little' so Tottenham have more major honours than Liverpool? Lol, Liverpool are one of the biggest teams in the world.. Joe said 'Champions League football is a priority' what happens next year if Liverpool finish in top 3 is he still a money grabber?

He has just as much chance at success as Arsenal or Tottenham do, I mean they are hardly two teams who challenge for trophies..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back