Liverpool complete Cole signing

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been going on for years now, Essien, Tevez to name a few. Major honours means very little these days, it's all about money. The size of the club doesn't come in to it no more either I mean, David silva to city, a small club with more money than sense.

essien???

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

That's not really fair, you cannot condemn every player from chosing one team other another. As you say 'major honours means very little' so Tottenham have more major honours than Liverpool? Lol, Liverpool are one of the biggest teams in the world.. Joe said 'Champions League football is a priority' what happens next year if Liverpool finish in top 3 is he still a money grabber?

liverpool finished what 7th last season??? surely champions league football is getting further and further out of reach for liverpool.

That's not really fair, you cannot condemn every player from chosing one team other another. As you say 'major honours means very little' so Tottenham have more major honours than Liverpool? Lol, Liverpool are one of the biggest teams in the world.. Joe said 'Champions League football is a priority' what happens next year if Liverpool finish in top 3 is he still a money grabber?

He has just as much chance at success as Arsenal or Tottenham do, I mean they are hardly two teams who challenge for trophies..

I didn't say tottenham was a bigger club than Liverpool but let's face it, he has gone to pool because of the money

and yes Essien along with Mikel and Robben were all on the verge of joining United before Chelsea stepped in and offered more money just like City are doing

Yes because Liverpool are a smaller club than Tottenham now just because they failed to reach the Champions League for the first year since like 2004 :S

Steady on mate, LFC are light years ahead of spurs, consistency-wise.

Look at the comparative records for CL qualifying & trophy-winning over the last 10-20-30+ years. You don't become a bigger club than LFC in just one season. Look at the larger picture : Liverpool are a football institution, with many millions of fans all over the world.

Spurs will have to do the biz over many years to be able to boast that they're bigger than L4

I didn't say tottenham was a bigger club than Liverpool but let's face it, he has gone to pool because of the money

and yes Essien along with Mikel and Robben were all on the verge of joining United before Chelsea stepped in and offered more money just like City are doing

i take the robben one but for mikel i heard his agent said yes to man utd when mikel didnt even make up his mind. as for essien i belive utd tried to sign him but couldnt get a work permit.

To be fair Essien, Mikel and Robben all went to Chelsea and won the EPL and like the players going to City it's only a matter of time before they win it aswell

Can't wait untill Ride The Walrus comes on and starts jizzing all over this thread.

How much is he getting at L'pool?

Can't wait untill Ride The Walrus comes on and starts jizzing all over this thread.

How much is he getting at L'pool?

Don't know for sure, but someone said around 90k p/w.

Ive always rated Joe Cole. I think Chelsea should have kept him, but what so i know? oO) Glad too see him come to liverpool though :D

So Cole wanted 130k at Chelsea, we said no. He left, he said playing in the Champions League was his 'top priority', then he goes to Liverpool for 90k a week with no UCL football oO)

Would of liked to see him at Arsenal or Spurs.

I heard £15 Million over 3 years

That's around 96k/week.

To be honest I wouldn't want him at Arsenal for those wages either, this is probably one of the reasons that he didn't join Arsenal. Wenger would not offer him more money than our two best players (Fabregas and Van Persie) are on.

how the **** can liverpool afford his wages. Happy United didnt sign him his wages are way too high for his ability.

I love the way Liverpool finish outside the top 4 for the first time since 2005, and all of a sudden we are " Smaller than spurs " and a Small club.

Excuse me,... Name a English club whose more successful than Liverpool...

Welcome to Liverpool Joe. Good buy from Roy.

YNWA

Didn't see this coming. The reason we can pay his wages is because a transfer fee wasn't needed, we got him on a free thus giving us extra to pay on his wages. Well done Roy Hodgson, you're starting to win me over now.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Cole In
Gerrard and Torres Out

When Gerrard has said he wants to stay at the club? And Hodgson has told Torres to forget about leaving the club? And Ancelotti withdrawing his interest in Torres? Looks more like Cole In, Gerrard and Torres staying :)

As my brother said, £15,000,000 over 3 years equates to over £96,000 per week.

However, if it's £15,000,000 over the full 4 years, then it only amounts to just £67,000 per week.

I do doubt it's the latter though.

I cannot wait to see him in te new kit. what a great signing, hope he can deliver, Also he has premier league winning experiance witch could help :D

Shame, I signed him for sunderland on football manager, so i assumed he would join in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back